marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It looks amazing. I hear that the kit they sold to turn a F7C into a F7A was only a body kit and that it won't change the specs. I'm curious to find out if this is true. Either way, this ship looks awesome.
I also heard that it increased armor and decreased speed, but.... if it only changes the skin....no regrets
:D
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2ty9af/f7acm_hornet_the_block_upgrade_discussion/
The Civilian Hornet is supposed to have available a F7A upgrade kit for purchase that will not only add more mass due to an armor upgrade, but is also supposed to have its thrusters slightly repositioned.
In looking at point #4 the extra armor mass is going to seriously hurt its maneuverability. If we were to look at the Block 90 concept it would be in changing out the main TR3 factory thruster of the F7A and F7C-M for a 2x TR2, and have the max thruster at 2x TR3s to help handle the extra armor mass the F7A upgrade kit is going to bring. The other part of the Block 90 upgrade would be in the avionics to help enhance maneuverability and in the placement of the maneuvering thrusters. So the Block upgrade would move the four forward TR2s and place them to the front around the nose of the Hornet to help improve maneuverability. It just makes perfect sense for a frontline fighter.
If it really is just a skin, those people could have upgraded to a super hornet for less than that.
It is emotional, luckily I got one cheaper. Since I joined way too late, I must get my stuff aftermarket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
──────▄▀▀▄────────────────▄▀▀▄────
─────▐▒▒▒▒▌──────────────▌▒▒▒▒▌───
─────▌▒▒▒▒▐─────────────▐▒▒▒▒▒▐───
────▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▌─▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄─▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▌──
───▄▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▐───
─▄▀▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌───
▐▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐───
▌▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌──
▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▄▒▒▐──
▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▌─▄▄─▐▌▒▒▒▐▌─▄▄─▐▌▒▒▌─
▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▌▐█▄▌▐▌▒▒▒▐▌▐█▄▌▐▌▒▒▐─
▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▌─▀▀─▐▌▒▒▒▐▌─▀▀─▐▌▒▒▒▌
▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▐
▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▀▒▒▒▀▒▒▒▀▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▒▒▄▀▄▒▒▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▒▄▀▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▒▄▀▒▒▒▒▐
▒▓▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▓▓▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
▒▒▓▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌─
▒▒▓▓▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐──
▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▒▌─
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▐─
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒█▒█▀▒█▀█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒█▀▒█▄█▒▀█▒█▀▒▀▀█▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▀▒▀▀▒▀▒▀▒▒▒▀▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
█▀▄▒█▀▄▒█▀▒█▀█▒▀█▀▒█▒█▒█▒█▄▒█▒▄▀▀▐
█▀▄▒█▀▄▒█▀▒█▄█▒▒█▒▒█▀█▒█▒█▀██▒█▒█▐
▀▀▒▒▀▒▀▒▀▀▒▀▒▀▒▒▀▒▒▀▒▀▒▀▒▀▒▒▀▒▒▀▀▐
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

Reactions: Blind Owl

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Remember they said they're keeping the Mark 1 F7A around too I bet the body kit only changes to that.

Though I hope they do Mark 2 versions of all the F7 series

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
So pretty. I was a Hornet hater. Then I started flying one of my loaners...
Now I think I may have to bite.
Yay.
More money out of my sons university fund. Haha.
University will take up too much of his video gaming time anyway. Get him an Aurora and point him at the nearest star. He'll be fine.

So I don't really understand, this will NOT be the updated model for the Hornets? There will be two in game?

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So we have mk1 hornets and the bodykit fices you mk2?

Also can we buy the f7a in the verse. I thought it was military exclusive and couldnonly be stolen or bought with reputation

Forgot your password?