A little advice

CptFjord

Space Marshal
Feb 21, 2017
RSI Handle
CptFjord
Im thinking about getting a Constellation, maybe Aquilla or Andromeda, but I dont really know which to get because I'm not sure how the different modules will work.

One of my questions is, if you bought a Connie, what model did you get and why?

Second question is, Do I need my 85x if I get a snub with my new Connie or should I upgrade the 85x to Connie to have the LTI on it?

Third question, why cant I stop buying ships?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
#1: Connie Taurus. Why? It was a cheap step from the Freelancer Max and afforded me much more cargo space. Constellations seem to be quite handily customizable, so I figured it would be a good platform to build on once I discover what I enjoy doing most.

#2: Depends. Do you want an extra luxury boat to get you around? The 85x Isn't toothless, but Im not sure if it can outclass a merlin in combat. (No idea)

#3: Chris has you now. You are now, and will forever be, one of his children.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
1. The Taurus is the cargo ship with one top turret. The Millenium Falcon, er, uh, I mean, the Andromeda is the standard cargo/multi-crew/all-around ship with 2 turrets and a snub fighter. The Aquila is the explorer with enhanced range, a snubfighter, enhanced sensors, an Ursa rover six-wheeler and one bottom turret. The Phoenix is the luxury touring ship for poofs, so forget that one. The first three are good to buy, if you want to go cheap, get the Taurus, if you want to go all-purpose get the Andromeda and if you know you going to be living la vida exploración, get the Aquila. If you are rich enough to own a Phoenix, buy the first three instead.

2. The 85x has a Quantum Travel drive, so you can travel around a system with it, unlike the Merlin. If it's a matter of cost, sure, upgrade the 85x to the new Connie, but I would, instead, go buy a Nox and upgrade that if you just want LTI.

3. You're not buying ships, you are pledging money to the Chris Roberts' Dream Come True Foundation and we are joyous to have you in the cult with us. Keep donating money to attain higher levels of enlightenment!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I purchased the Aquila because I wanted an experimentation mule with a decent view - the Andromeda and other models have issues with cockpit visibility that I dislike.

Second question is, Do I need my 85x if I get a snub with my new Connie or should I upgrade the 85x to Connie to have the LTI on it?
You should upgrade the 85x to the Connie, it comes with a P-52 Merlin.

Like the rest of us, there's a certain upper limit where we stop buying. It happens.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Im thinking about getting a Constellation, maybe Aquilla or Andromeda, but I dont really know which to get because I'm not sure how the different modules will work.

I don't have a Connie atm... but you shouldn't really go for "what others have" but what's the right Ship for you.

Giving you advice on which Connie might be the right for you would be easier if we knew what Ships you have and which things you want to do.

Use the 85x as LTI token, depending on version the Connie comes with a P52 Merlin or P-72 Archimedis... the Aquila AFAIK also comes with a URSA Rover.

I have good news for you: Everyone stops buying Ships at some point... the bad news is, that you may live in a cardboard box by then.

Also, I think most people which bought a Aquila upgraded to a Carrack, which is pretty much a flat out upgrade in every aspect.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't have a Connie atm... but you shouldn't really go for "what others have" but what's the right Ship for you.

Giving you advice on which Connie might be the right for you would be easier if we knew what Ships you have and which things you want to do.

Use the 85x as LTI token, depending on version the Connie comes with a P52 Merlin or P-72 Archimedis... the Aquila AFAIK also comes with a URSA Rover.

I have good news for you: Everyone stops buying Ships at some point... the bad news is, that you may live in a cardboard box by then.

Also, I think most people which bought a Aquila upgraded to a Carrack, which is pretty much a flat out upgrade in every aspect.
I'm with mike on this one The Connie is nice and all but the Carrack is just better all around.. Now as for the constellation series as the constellation is Chris Roberts favorite ship, don't be surprised if in the future you see something about a rework

CptFjord

Space Marshal
Feb 21, 2017
RSI Handle
CptFjord
#3: Chris has you now. You are now, and will forever be, one of his children.
Are there family dinners?

2. The 85x has a Quantum Travel drive, so you can travel around a system with it, unlike the Merlin. If it's a matter of cost, sure, upgrade the 85x to the new Connie, but I would, instead, go buy a Nox and upgrade that if you just want LTI.

3. You're not buying ships, you are pledging money to the Chris Roberts' Dream Come True Foundation and we are joyous to have you in the cult with us. Keep donating money to attain higher levels of enlightenment!
Oh right, I forgot about the Quantum Drive on the 85x, I do in fact have another Nox sitting there already for the LTI upgrade :slight_smile:

I'm with mike on this one The Connie is nice and all but the Carrack is just better all around.. Now as for the constellation series as the constellation is Chris Roberts favorite ship, don't be surprised if in the future you see something about a rework
I wasnt really aware of the Carrack, I missed the concept sale it would seem. I just checked it out and it does look better, not sure how I would get one tho, unless they go on sale again soon. Maybe grab an Aquilla and then upgrade later if it goes on sale after its out of concept, or another big expo sale.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
[CptFjord said:
I wasnt really aware of the Carrack, I missed the concept sale it would seem. I just checked it out and it does look better, not sure how I would get one tho, unless they go on sale again soon. Maybe grab an Aquilla and then upgrade later if it goes on sale after its out of concept, or another big expo sale.
I'm sure someone has one they would give you for the cost. just ask in another thread someone will come around.[/QUOTE]

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
If you're not sure what you want to do in the 'verse, the Constellation Taurus is a good place to start; afaik, you'll be able to upgrade and modify your Constellation to basically make it into an Andromeda or Aquila later in the game.
Also, there's a huge cost difference between the models, so there's that to consider as well.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I went for the Taurus.

I was attracted by 3 things:

1) Big cargo bay! Wanted a hauler.

2) When I got it, it was stated the connie was going to be the largest ship you could realistically operate solo in.

3) Of all the Connie versions, it's the only one without a snub. I don't need or want a Snub, running is better than fighting when hauling crap and a snub without a quantum drive is a suicide mission for that pilot if it all goes south - So even more pointless killing or abandoning a crew member: If I'm going to have to run away anyway, I'll be running right away. Much better to have a much bigger cargo bay.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote

I just get the Andromeda... i have the Andromeda :)
don't know and i have the same prob

Forgot your password?