A PTU Request - Video of a Cargo Full Cargo Run

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Not sure how effective that would be. They are talking about how the prices in any given region will fluctuate not only with people buying and selling but also with other game effects like pirate activity and game events. So having a fixed price at different locations would only be a snapshot of the price at that point in time and would not reflect current market trends.
Sounds like we will need some live Testie pricing reports across the systems so we can maximize profits!

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/getting-rid-of-the-100-cpu-spike-lag-spikes
I didn't got a chance to TEST them, yesterday after 22:00 I couldn't start PTU in USA, EU or AUS... well, I got into AUS, but it took so long that :sleeping:
I tried that last night, it did help some with the stutter issue.

system

i7 6800k --- in 2.6 the game was not balanced over the cores, since 3.0 it uses all 8 cores fairly equally, (although when they go to 100% for a screen freeze mostly all go 100%) This makes me think that 3.0 has tried to improve CPU usage .
16GB RAM
Titan X - interestingly SC uses 30 - 50% of my GPU. Some games max out my GPU rather than the CPU
windows 10
------------
settings

gamma/brightness/contrast all 50
2560x1440
quality --- very high
FOV 87
sharpening 0
chromatic aberration 100
Thank you, looks like I had the sharpening and chromatic aberration settings reversed of what they should be, game looks much better now...not as good as 2.6.3 did for me, but at least like it is from this decade.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I did some spot checking, currently all the wears I've checked have the and price everywhere. The only difference is not all wears can be bought or sold everywhere.

I do hope they implement something in game to assist in at least guessing which wears to shop where.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I tried that last night, it did help some with the stutter issue.
I also tried it yesterday evening without :sleeping:. There was a PTU update, the freezes didn't occur during gameplay, on Port Olisar I had one freeze, with and without the workaround.
It seems like the update has resolved the regular freezing problem during gameplay, which makes the workaround obsolete, OR everybody else was :sleeping: / downloading the patch.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I’m sur someone will do an app for that ... awsome info

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
As someone not in the PTU, I would like to request that any Testies that are please make a video of a full cargo run from start to finish. I believe the auto fill and empty for the cargo is working, however, I have not seen any videos of the full trade run. Seeing as this is going to be one of my main professions, I wanted to get a pre-view so I am not completely lost once this hits the live servers. Thanks in advance for any help.
Just to let you know, there probably won't be an auto-load/unload in the live game that resembles what is in the PTU atm. CR said people will actually need to load/unload and it will be something you can watch NPC's do or do yourself. That was a long time ago, but afaik it's still intended to be a thing when the game goes live.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
At some point yesterday I saw a demand bar on the buy/sell screen that I was theorycrafting is to help inform you with respect to what is in demand, but you'd need to know destination I think - the appearance is that the profit runs would be from the outlying locations to Port O and not the other way around which is what I would expected.

Step 1 - Steal Underpants
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - Profit

'Gimp

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
the demand for inter-system pricing info will be yuuge

the devs will either have to provide it or give players APIs to get it themselves

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
The buy and sell price seems to be the same. ( At the same location )
In my screen shots (9 posts above)the first and 3rd ones at Port O taken within 16 secs of each other , show Agricium at 36 for me to buy and 28 for me to sell

I'm not sure it would make sense for any business to sell items at the same price they buy them, so if what you have seen was in place, maybe they have changed it.

Last edited:

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I'm hoping this can be one of those "benefits of having org members" where we can have some reporting on areas where demand is high for certain goods.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
This is just a Cut/Paste text dump for the traders, FYI only, I do not think it is 100% but is a guide

Thanks to Daphne on Spectrum

Daphne Jones@Trader_Jones
Cargo Running [Tutorial]
discussion
Today at 15:27
  1. Prices change. I've seen a price change while I was standing at the Kiosk.
  2. The Price is the integer portion of the price, e.g., if Stims are selling for 2, that may really be 2.50 or even 2.99. If you need to know the actual price, run the slider up to max and divide UEC by units to get the unit price.
  3. The price you buy for (BUY price) is higher than the price you can sell for (SELL price) at the same kiosk.
The stations:

1. Port Olisar produces nothing and, consequently, everything is more expensive than elsewhere. If you want to avoid a deadhead leg to pick up cargo, do a mission that ends up elsewhere and pick up cargo there.
  2. Grim Hex and Levski both produce some minerals, gases (mostly GH), and metals, but are not as cheap as mining outposts. They consume food, alcohol, medical supplies and drugs.
  3. Bountiful Harvest on Daymar and Terra Mills on Cellin supply food, alcohol and stims at about half the price that PO, GH, and Lev will pay for them. (Probably other farms as well, but I haven't checked them yet).
  4. Mining outposts sell minerals, gases, and metals cheaper than you can get them elsewhere, but you can't get all mining products at any particular station. ArcCorp Mining on Yela has Laranite which is expensive but good profit at PO.
  5. Deakins Research on Yela sells Medical and Agricultural supplies. Meds in particular are a good profit maker.
  6. The Secret Drug Lab on Yela sells WiDoW, Stims, and Altruciatoxin at about half the price you'll get for it at GH and Lev. Use a mission to find the lab.
Products:

1. When you don't have much capital: Fluorine (buy 3-4 UEC GH, sell 6 PO). Ag supplies (buy 1+ Deakins or other Research station, sell 2 PO), Stims (buy 2 farm or drug lab, sell 5 PO, GH, or Lev)
  2. A little more capital, go for Food and alcohol (B5 farm, S10-11), Hard drugs (B5 drug lab, S10 GH or Lev)
  3. Good high profit: Laranite from mining outpost or GH to PO (Prices fluctuate a lot, but 50%-100% gross profit is possible). Med supplies are good too: buy at Deakins and sell at Levski for 90% profit (this probably fluctuates a lot too, but I've only done this one once.)
Fuel: Quantum fuel is absurdly cheap in 3.0. Just hold a few 100 UEC in reserve and swing by CryAstro when you run low. H fuel recharges in space if you fly in a straight line at SCM for a while - or buy at CryAstro if you're impatient... still not very expensive. Just don't run out of it on a planet.

Kiosk Locations:

Port Olisar: at the big opening in the ASOP room between the Pad 9 and Pad 10 airlocks.

Grim Hex: Take the elevator down and go out to the main concourse. Turn left and take the next to last hallway on the right. There's a Jumpers sign where you go in. Follow through a twist in the hallway. Look for a neon open sign and go through it. Kiosks are through that door to the right.

Levski: Come out of customs and turn left. Walk past the elevators to the Grand Barter and look right. The Kiosks are up a couple of steps on that platform.

Most outposts: In one of the buildings, the kiosk will be just inside the airlock. You may have to look around for the right building depending on how large the outpost is

Last edited:

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Ty for the intel

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
This is just a Cut/Paste text dump for the traders, FYI only, I do not think it is 100% but is a guide

Thanks to Daphne on Spectrum

Daphne Jones@Trader_Jones
Cargo Running [Tutorial]
discussion
Today at 15:27
  1. Prices change. I've seen a price change while I was standing at the Kiosk.
  2. The Price is the integer portion of the price, e.g., if Stims are selling for 2, that may really be 2.50 or even 2.99. If you need to know the actual price, run the slider up to max and divide UEC by units to get the unit price.
  3. The price you buy for (BUY price) is higher than the price you can sell for (SELL price) at the same kiosk.
The stations:

1. Port Olisar produces nothing and, consequently, everything is more expensive than elsewhere. If you want to avoid a deadhead leg to pick up cargo, do a mission that ends up elsewhere and pick up cargo there.
  2. Grim Hex and Levski both produce some minerals, gases (mostly GH), and metals, but are not as cheap as mining outposts. They consume food, alcohol, medical supplies and drugs.
  3. Bountiful Harvest on Daymar and Terra Mills on Cellin supply food, alcohol and stims at about half the price that PO, GH, and Lev will pay for them. (Probably other farms as well, but I haven't checked them yet).
  4. Mining outposts sell minerals, gases, and metals cheaper than you can get them elsewhere, but you can't get all mining products at any particular station. ArcCorp Mining on Yela has Laranite which is expensive but good profit at PO.
  5. Deakins Research on Yela sells Medical and Agricultural supplies. Meds in particular are a good profit maker.
  6. The Secret Drug Lab on Yela sells WiDoW, Stims, and Altruciatoxin at about half the price you'll get for it at GH and Lev. Use a mission to find the lab.
Products:

1. When you don't have much capital: Fluorine (buy 3-4 UEC GH, sell 6 PO). Ag supplies (buy 1+ Deakins or other Research station, sell 2 PO), Stims (buy 2 farm or drug lab, sell 5 PO, GH, or Lev)
  2. A little more capital, go for Food and alcohol (B5 farm, S10-11), Hard drugs (B5 drug lab, S10 GH or Lev)
  3. Good high profit: Laranite from mining outpost or GH to PO (Prices fluctuate a lot, but 50%-100% gross profit is possible). Med supplies are good too: buy at Deakins and sell at Levski for 90% profit (this probably fluctuates a lot too, but I've only done this one once.)
Fuel: Quantum fuel is absurdly cheap in 3.0. Just hold a few 100 UEC in reserve and swing by CryAstro when you run low. H fuel recharges in space if you fly in a straight line at SCM for a while - or buy at CryAstro if you're impatient... still not very expensive. Just don't run out of it on a planet.

Kiosk Locations:

Port Olisar: at the big opening in the ASOP room between the Pad 9 and Pad 10 airlocks.

Grim Hex: Take the elevator down and go out to the main concourse. Turn left and take the next to last hallway on the right. There's a Jumpers sign where you go in. Follow through a twist in the hallway. Look for a neon open sign and go through it. Kiosks are through that door to the right.

Levski: Come out of customs and turn left. Walk past the elevators to the Grand Barter and look right. The Kiosks are up a couple of steps on that platform.

Most outposts: In one of the buildings, the kiosk will be just inside the airlock. You may have to look around for the right building depending on how large the outpost is
Thanks a lot for the information, I searched a long time for the kiosk at Olisar, until I noticed the small display on the counter.
upload_2017-12-26_14-31-12.png

After that I made a few cargo runs

Forgot your password?