Aegis Announcement Predictions? - Capital Ship ALMOST confirmed - Find out in August :(

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Only if TEST ever figures out how to fly anything but auroras.
If I'm not mistaken, the term "TEST pilot" has been around since just after the 1st flights began. Which would make Orville Wright the worlds 1st TEST pilot on Dec 17, 1903 with his 1st TEST flight ending with the 1st TEST landing at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Hmmm, I seem to recall that certain members of TEST Squadron hail from NC presently. Coincidence? Perhaps, or perhaps it's destiny unfolding gloriously.

This being stated, if enough alcohol is on the line, I place nothing outside the range of possibilities for a TEST pilot to achieve. Cheers!

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Maybe its a spaceship builder or something i really hope they dont make me melt my other capitals for this one i already melted half of my smaller fleet just to get the kraken last year. Hell maybe its a capital size exploration ship.
The capital sized exploration ships is the Endeavor. Been planned awhile so I doubt that. Maybe.. titan suits :D

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'd like a ship the size of an Idris that goes for about $300, 1 crew requirement and does fairly well at medical, repair, cargo and who can make money while I'm offline.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
My issue is mostly with how they chose to do this with the sneak preview, leading to broad hype, then an effective slap of elitism.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably not a very big venue they got for this (cost savings). Therefore they want to fill it mostly with people who will actually want to and be able to buy the ship (expense efficiency).

I don't look at it as a slap to the face of anyone - to the contrary, spending backer funds in a responsible manner by offering an event to people who will likely shell out a lot of cash as a result.

Opening it to a larger group of people would cost a lot more and probably not make them any additional money. In other words, it would be a waste of the backers' money, a party simply for the sake of a party. Thus I for one am glad they did NOT do that.

Xist do you know if that guy who was making the "Alexandria" is still working on that and do you think that this new ship could possibly be that?
No idea. 🤔

I'd like a ship the size of an Idris that goes for about $300, 1 crew requirement and does fairly well at medical, repair, cargo and who can make money while I'm offline.
😍 I think you've hit on every backer's whet dream 🤩

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .what they need is a giant sized AI controlled ship so you can solo. . .
You can do that with any ship. You can install AI for turrets and they'll work. You can hire NPCs, each trained to one specific task only, and as turret gunners they'll work a little better than straight AI. You can hire PCs and they'll work better still.

The problem is not the lack of AI. They claim they're giving us enough AI to run a large ship. The problem is that AI can't make independent decisions the way PCs (clones) do. "Clones are creative thinkers, vastly superior to droids in every way." AI are droids.

You can certainly man a Javelin with all AI and fly it alone, but stations like scan will be inept manned by AI, and if anyone figures out what you're doing you'll become a prime target for boarding, since AI and PC's don't double task and can't stop boarders.

Will be a sorry day for many players flying things like Javs, only to lose them to a team of five guys playing cooperatively. ALL THE POWER in this game comes through cooperation. You can't buy it by buying a ship. If you're a power player, you have to earn your power in places like this, by networking with others who have similar goals.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I just dont see another capital ship.

They havent finished the ones they NEED for their game that releases next year yet, and they dont yet have a way of implementing those ships into the PU at all either.

On a side note, I am really not up for paying hundredss of pounds to attemd an event that gives me the opportunity to spend further hundreds of pounds on a digital item i wont see for several years either, so I am out anyway.

Fuck the resulting F5 war as well.

Forgot your password?