Aegis Announcement Predictions? - Capital Ship ALMOST confirmed - Find out in August :(

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Maybe its a large stealth carrier or reconnaissance/command & control ship? IF the eclipses are a clue. Game has no medium/large stealthy ships. Sure you could just have them on a Bengal or whatever other ships can hold them, and they could just fly a long distance to their target. But what if they had a larger vessel that could hold several of stealth bombers and that had low EM/heat emissions itself. Sure the size is still and issue but only if you get within visual range. If radar pings it like a smaller ship (due to angled cross section and absorptive covering on armor), it may not get much attention (see what US Navy is doing with the Zumwalt class ships). Then it could quietly release the Eclipses and itself retreat, or be standing by to collect them once they released their payloads, then zip off. IF that wild theory is right, then it'd probably be focused more on speed to egress, and be lightly armed due to the less efficient power cores with their massive heat sinks.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Javelin is Aegis........
My bad, but you get my point. Aegis doesn't have a carrier.
I know for me when i think capital ships i think ship of the line or ships for fighting.
That is the proper way to think of what a capital ship is. CIG confuses the issue becasue there are so many saps who will buy a ship merely because someone called it a cap ship, or claimed it has cap ship components. The 890i is NOT a cap ship, no matter what people say. It is a luxury yacht.
Maybe its a large stealth carrier or reconnaissance/command & control ship? IF the eclipses are a clue. Game has no medium/large stealthy ships. Sure you could just have them on a Bengal or whatever other ships can hold them, and they could just fly a long distance to their target. But what if they had a larger vessel that could hold several of stealth bombers and that had low EM/heat emissions itself.
I started to write this exacly, then thought. . ."nah, someone will try to make me feel guilty of extravagent theorycrafting." But yeah, that is the first thing I thought of when BG noted the graphic was of an Eclipse line. Wouldn't a stealth carrier be a huge kick! Eclipse have the range to attack across several systems, and combined with a carrier that could hide, that would be a potent combination.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
That is the proper way to think of what a capital ship is. CIG confuses the issue becasue there are so many saps who will buy a ship merely because someone called it a cap ship, or claimed it has cap ship components. The 890i is NOT a cap ship, no matter what people say. It is a luxury yacht.
You're correct. CIG sometimes confuses people with their references to other ships too. There was a time they called the Consolidated Outland Pioneer a capital ship, simply on the basis of its size. If that's a capital ship, then a gardener with a hoe is a well armed infantryman.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Whelp im going, if you want to meet me in person say hi in August!

Im getting that capital...
I mean I’m flattered and will do my best to accomodate...
The event is being held in August. Tickets for the event go on sale in April.
Has there been a conversation somewhere which should have involved me, yet didn’t?

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I recently bought mine back, named it the Flash Gordon. 10/10 View attachment 11950
Yeah I'm not expecting anything new personally.

SQ42 goes Alpha in January.

CitCon is in October.

August is the perfect time to reveal the Idris + Javelin and have a sale for all the new people who want to throw money at CIG.
And Gamescom is August 20-24th

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I mean I’m flattered and will do my best to accomodate...

Has there been a conversation somewhere which should have involved me, yet didn’t?
Which part of you are they holding the event in? A shoulder blade I can handle but I'm going nowhere near one or both of your buttocks.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Does anybody else feel remotely trolled by this teaser bit of bait & switch? Clearly this "VIP gala event" is designed to only allow those with far too much spare change on hand to be able to attend & see what new "project" (most likely a ship) is being offered to them potentially exclusively. I am very disappointed in CIG for this. At the very least, concierge members that can't attend deserve to be able to view the, "first look at an exciting new project from the masterly minds here at Aegis " online with those that attend & if there is a ship that is being offered there then we should also have the same opportunity to purchase it. This makes me a rather sad & annoyed Ewok towards CIG. Sorry for the vent / rant.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Does anybody else feel remotely trolled by this teaser bit of bait & switch? Clearly this "VIP gala event" is designed to only allow those with far too much spare change on hand to be able to attend & see what new "project" (most likely a ship) is being offered to them potentially exclusively. I am very disappointed in CIG for this. At the very least, concierge members that can't attend deserve to be able to view the, "first look at an exciting new project from the masterly minds here at Aegis " online with those that attend & if there is a ship that is being offered there then we should also have the same opportunity to purchase it. This makes me a rather sad & annoyed Ewok towards CIG. Sorry for the vent / rant.
The fact they announced it so early so people could save is a big giveaway that its gonna be expensive af.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The fact they announced it so early so people could save is a big giveaway that its gonna be expensive af.
While I completely agree with your analysis of this, my issues are that some of us are not capable of traveling all the way to Germany just to attend some VIP event to view a major announcement that is geared towards those that are concierge & those having to travel all that way just to attend are spending resources that could have otherwise been used to join in on the "project".

Reactions: Blind Owl

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Maybe its a spaceship builder or something i really hope they dont make me melt my other capitals for this one i already melted half of my smaller fleet just to get the kraken last year. Hell maybe its a capital size exploration ship.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Reactions: Blind Owl

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I just posted in the Concierge area of Spectrum my thought that CIG should allow those that can't attend in person to be able to view the unveiling of the new project online. I would greatly appreciate it if those of you that are Concierge that would also like to view this to click the link & please up vote my post.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/celebrate-with-aegis-dynamics/2010582
To add to my earlier comment and to be quite cynical I think they're really trying for whale money on this one and they shouldn't be. More affordable = more sold = more money overall.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I bet they'll probably live stream it so other people can watch it too, at the very least, concierge backers.

And I doubt that they'll prevent concierge (possibly others) from buying the stuff, but being physically present at the event will likely help increase chances of getting whatever ships go on sale.

TLDR if you can't afford it, don't go! That doesn't mean you're missing out. They're probably going to broadcast all the interesting stuff in YouTube vids at the very least.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I understand & appreciate your input @Xist . I also think that you are probably correct, or at least I hope that you are. My issue is mostly with how they chose to do this with the sneak preview, leading to broad hype, then an effective slap of elitism. That is why, in case they haven't considered posting this event online for others to enjoy, I made the post in the Concierge thread on Spectrum as well as asking for help from the wonderful TEST members that agree with me to up vote my post to alert them to this idea.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I bet they'll probably live stream it so other people can watch it too, at the very least, concierge backers.

And I doubt that they'll prevent concierge (possibly others) from buying the stuff, but being physically present at the event will likely help increase chances of getting whatever ships go on sale.

TLDR if you can't afford it, don't go! That doesn't mean you're missing out. They're probably going to broadcast all the interesting stuff in YouTube vids at the very least.
Xist do you know if that guy who was making the "Alexandria" is still working on that and do you think that this new ship could possibly be that? It would be weird if they put it in the Aegis lineup as Aegis already has a destroyer, but i don't know what other manufacturer would legally be able to build a destroyer class ship vice drake.

Forgot your password?