Aegis Announcement Predictions? - Capital Ship ALMOST confirmed - Find out in August :(

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I just dont see another capital ship.

They havent finished the ones they NEED for their game that releases next year yet, and they dont yet have a way of implementing those ships into the PU at all either.

On a side note, I am really not up for paying hundredss of pounds to attemd an event that gives me the opportunity to spend further hundreds of pounds on a digital item i wont see for several years either, so I am out anyway.

Fuck the resulting F5 war as well.
You don't need to goto the event if you dont want to and i'm sure everyone is going to get a chance to buy the new ship just concierge if they feel like it can go hang out and have a party meet chris etc get some small goodies. Also i'm pretty sure they are done with the Idris and Javelin but they are not releasing it because they don't want to spoil SQ42 release since both of those ships are going to be pretty iconic to see for the first time in full detail. Also if you don't want the ship you don't have to buy it it's really a matter of choice you can earn it later the way most players are going to get it anyhow or ride the one test will buy.

edit
What i want to see is variety the more capital ships the more interesting combat will be and more versatile/strategic. if the jav is the only destroyer what is to contest it?

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
What i want to see is variety the more capital ships the more interesting combat will be and more versatile/strategic. if the jav is the only destroyer what is to contest it?
Variety is good. I want that too. There are a lot of different slots that need to be filled. I also want to see competition between manufacturers like Aegis and Anvil more. From what I remember at one point they said the Javelin will be modular so you can set it up to do different things. Such as a large missle/torpedo destroyer, or an assault destroyer ect.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Variety is good. I want that too. There are a lot of different slots that need to be filled. I also want to see competition between manufacturers like Aegis and Anvil more. From what I remember at one point they said the Javelin will be modular so you can set it up to do different things. Such as a large missle/torpedo destroyer, or an assault destroyer ect.
oh god if origin made a destroyer i would buy it in a heartbeat even if it wasnt as strong i just want it origin ships are by far the best looking ships in the verse.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I know this might not be popular to state, but based on the exact wording of the various Star Citizen stretch goals, they state that those capital ships will be flyable by players in game. It doesn't state that they can be purchased or owned by players. Yes, I know, I'm not happy with that wording either.

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
destroyer or battlecruiser i would consider them very much the same big guns hell you could consider the Idris as a battle cruiser with that giant laser.
The reason they are different is because a battlecruiser is the step between cruiser and battleship so a much larger ship. (Personally ive never really understood why there is a battlecruiser ect but not my place)

There are always variations and differences due to artist liberties. There can also be different levels within the levels like light medium and heavy.

corvette->frigate->destroyer->cruiser->battlecruiser->battleship

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
corvette->frigate->destroyer->cruiser->battlecruiser->battleship
Did CIG endorse this particular sequence? Navies around the world have differed many times in how to name/describe ships. Destroyers have gone from the tiniest cap ships to the largest and most places between. Many designation tyes don't recognize things like "BattleCruiser", etc. I'm just curious if CIG has taken a stand here, or if you're relating your own understanding of how navies (both fact and fictional) have done this in the past.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Did CIG endorse this particular sequence? Navies around the world have differed many times in how to name/describe ships. Destroyers have gone from the tiniest cap ships to the largest and most places between. Many designation tyes don't recognize things like "BattleCruiser", etc. I'm just curious if CIG has taken a stand here, or if you're relating your own understanding of how navies (both fact and fictional) have done this in the past.
This is actually the NATO battle order. The variations come primarily from frigate navy's but they all recognize the NATO designations. CIG appears to be following the same, though everything is roughly 3 x the size of the planet bound equivalent. For the gaming industry, that's pretty much standard for space ships that follow that size convention. Also note that the Mercury, Constellation and Corsair are not in any military ship class, but they could be in boat classes.
Rounding some of the hull length numbers: 1 meter is roughly equivalent to 1 foot in translation (Same as above)
  • The Mercury is the 40 foot power catamaran used as an armed message and officer transport,
  • The Connie is the 60 foot monohull coastal patrol used for both training and torpedo patrols
  • The Corsair is the 50 foot monohull coastal patrol and gunboat.
There are civilian variants of all of those in existence. There are also helicopter sizes that relate, but match role more closely with the smaller SC cargo and armed cargo carriers.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Good information all I was in the navy and didnt even know that sequence of ships i just see them and work on them everyday haha. As of now the U.S. Navy only has DDGs and CGs really and with the way they are equiped these days i think they are probably stronger then old battlecruisers. in my mind battlecruiser is just another varient of a CG.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
You don't need to goto the event if you dont want to and i'm sure everyone is going to get a chance to buy the new ship just concierge if they feel like it can go hang out and have a party meet chris etc get some small goodies. Also i'm pretty sure they are done with the Idris and Javelin but they are not releasing it because they don't want to spoil SQ42 release since both of those ships are going to be pretty iconic to see for the first time in full detail. Also if you don't want the ship you don't have to buy it it's really a matter of choice you can earn it later the way most players are going to get it anyhow or ride the one test will buy.

edit

Whoooooooooooooooooosh!

Forgot your password?