Aegis Sabre Fighter - Who is getting it?

Will you be rattling a Sabre?

• Yes

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Need to drink on it

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
Melted my Vanguard for one. Because this is exactly the type of fighter I would fly. Bit faster than the Hornet, bulky, nice loadout... Everyone else can fly the screamers at super high speeds; this one will be my baby.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Melted Hull B for the Gladius to Sabre upgrade, will apply when it's flight ready.

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
This an in-game purchase. Do not see myself as a furball kind of guy in my advanced age.
Unbelievable how I still jump at a new ship like some Pavlovian mutt.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoHelios_SC

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I'm still at a wedding so haven't had time to really think about it, but I'm definitely tempted.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Fark Fark fark !
Why is the Idris in the Armada package !
I need to melt everything and add another $1,100 AUS for it !
What do I do..

AwesomeDude

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheAwesomeDude
I'm certainly interested in the sabre but I'm not sure if it would be worth it given I already own a 325a. Maybe might be nice because of the extra firepower. I could also come up with 2500 USD in 48 hours and get the armada package. But that won't be happening.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Imma wait and see how it performs vs other combat ships, what the flight characteristics are, etc. before I choose what to fly.

Lots of balancing to be done yet; no hurries, no worries.

Enoch Lost

Captain
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Enoch_Lost
Been wanting to buy a Super Hornet for months but this is the first time they've been on sale when I had money. So I got that.

The Sabre was tempting, though.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
I own a saber now. I melted everything for an idris, so I own one.

Not sure what I'm gunna do with it yet though.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Fark Fark fark !
Why is the Idris in the Armada package !
I need to melt everything and add another $1,100 AUS for it !
What do I do..
You could always have the Idris as an ingame goal. The exchange rate is not being all too kind for us at the moment, makes it difficult to commit to any sort of purchase from foreign sources.

As they seem to be quite open with the sales of the Idris, it might turn out that the ship may end up in the store when it is completed its long path to the hanger. You may be able to CCU to it, now that is a gamble, but still as they have sold the Idris now quite a few times, and no longer hold it to a number restriction, it may be a future possibility.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
You could always have the Idris as an ingame goal. The exchange rate is not being all too kind for us at the moment, makes it difficult to commit to any sort of purchase from foreign sources.

As they seem to be quite open with the sales of the Idris, it might turn out that the ship may end up in the store when it is completed its long path to the hanger. You may be able to CCU to it, now that is a gamble, but still as they have sold the Idris now quite a few times, and no longer hold it to a number restriction, it may be a future possibility.
idris will likely come up in the november sale like it does every year

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Here is a thought exercise I'm trying to work though, and any insight would be appreciated.

Have a Super Hornet. LOVE the gimbals! MKB player. Thinking about upgrading to the Sabre.

I really, REALLY enjoy all those fun little gimbals on my SH, but I read somewhere that many believe speed will ultimately win the fight, long term in the PU with more severe death penalties. (can run away... choose your fights / zoom & boom...)

So, specs not-with-standing (because as we know, things change...), according to the design INTENTIONS, they want to make the Sabre compete with the Hornet, since it was implied that all the top fighters consistently use the Hornet. Assuming the Saber will be the "paper" to the Super Hornet "rock", I should get the Saber because I prefer zoom & boom, despite the lack of gimbals (wing gimbals, I know, but not nearly as many as the SH). ...right?

If I want a Zoom and Boom fighter for the PU, then I should get the Sabre despite having fewer gimbals.
Am I thinking through this correctly? Missing anything?

Also, trade up a Connie for a Gemini? No? Didn't think so...

Thanks!

Edit: grammar and removing stupid stuff. Chianti makes me overshare.

Last edited:

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
Bought one. Will probably CCU to something cool at anniversary sale.

It's a nice ship in theory, but the cross-section just does not seem right for an agility-based(likely low-armor) fighter.
FI: In theory - a really good pilot could keep his enemy presented with that thin, front-on, profile(The back/belly profile of that thing is a relatively huge target for something that is "low armor"). But that is hard to do when leading your target at any range. So, you'd want to stay close. And if he faces more than one target(2 angles of fire), I think he gets shredded, quickly.

Maybe it's for experts.

Edit: Pic shows it better than the vid

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Bought one. Will probably CCU to something cool at anniversary sale.

It's a nice ship in theory, but the cross-section just does not seem right for an agility-based(likely low-armor) fighter.
FI: In theory - a really good pilot could keep his enemy presented with that thin, front-on, profile(The back/belly profile of that thing is a relatively huge target for something that is "low armor"). But that is hard to do when leading your target at any range. So, you'd want to stay close. And if he faces more than one target(2 angles of fire), I think he gets shredded, quickly.

Maybe it's for experts.

Hmmm, not too sure where you are getting the lighter armour from, the only things I can see that hint at armour are, yes, that it has a lower signiture (but could refer to the power/engines, not specifically armour), but it is also branded as a 'superiority fighter'. To me, you would use it akin to the Vangaurd, swoop in, get a hit and bail out to prepare for another run, Hun tactics.

Sure looks like a militarised Avenger though.

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
Hmmm, not too sure where you are getting the lighter armour from, the only things I can see that hint at armour are, yes, that it has a lower signiture (but could refer to the power/engines, not specifically armour), but it is also branded as a 'superiority fighter'. To me, you would use it akin to the Vangaurd, swoop in, get a hit and bail out to prepare for another run, Hun tactics.

Sure looks like a militarised Avenger though.
"While no one will deny the Hornet’s place as the UEE Navy’s brawler, the Sabre offers an elegant and nimble alternative to handle an ever-evolving combat landscape."

It doesn't say that it has lower armor, but I believe that is what they meant by calling the Hornet a "brawler" in comparison. The Hornet can stand toe-to-toe, this guy must stick and move. It makes sense for balance-planning, too. Decent weapons/missiles, good agility, stealth.. must have sub-par armor.
(I fully admit that I am inferring meaning, and could be wrong. But I think this is what they are shooting for.)

Forgot your password?