Alien Week is ON!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If they put out an alien ship sale now right after the other ship sales, they might be disappointed. I would think they would want to wait at least one month...maybe two or three.
3 months later & it would be cutting into the funds build up for the Anniversary sale.

I don't like alien ships as aliens are... unclean? However, as the Tevarin are UEE, that makes them one of us.
I wonder if the Tevarin might taste a bit like chicken, since they seem to be a bit on the fowl side of beings. This being said, I suspect that the Vanduul might taste like lizards & the Xi'an like turtles.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I wonder if we'll see that Tevarin light fighter and/or Xi'an small cargo ship that was shown a teensy bit at last years Citizencon.

We know that the Ground Mining Vehicle (leaked lol) and Small Refinery are both in active development, and with both the Xi'an and Tevarin style guides and textures done from the Prowler + Khartu I can't imagine two small ships like that would take too too long.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I wonder if we'll see that Tevarin light fighter and/or Xi'an small cargo ship that was shown a teensy bit at last years Citizencon.

We know that the Ground Mining Vehicle (leaked lol) and Small Refinery are both in active development, and with both the Xi'an and Tevarin style guides and textures done from the Prowler + Khartu I can't imagine two small ships like that would take too too long.
I don't think that the Xi'an cargo hauler will be that small of a ship given that it's supposed to transport somewhere around 300 SCU.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't think that the Xi'an cargo hauler will be that small of a ship given that it's supposed to transport somewhere around 300 SCU.
The Starfarers cargo hold alone holds 300 291 SCU. Thats not including the gas tanks. That cargo hold room isn't small as such, but it's not huge either if the plan is just to bolt a couple engines and cockpit to it.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I really want to know what swapping the fuel tanks for additional cargo space will do to the Starfarer's capacity; I'm tempted to buy a Caterpillar for haulage but can't see I'll need one in the longer term.
I've seen estimates of 1k SCU however nothing is set in stone (sometimes even after they've built a feature) but one thing that really appeals is you'll be able to half-and-half, so you could have 700 SKU (if that 1k is correct) solid cargo and the gas tanks to hold fuel. Now that's one looooong range hauler if that's the case.

I also got it wrong in my original post, it's not 300 it's currently 291 in game, so I was 9 off, apologies.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Caterpillar alternative is pretty much carrack. Also watch that Xian ship to get alien tax and be $600 :)
I'd be thinking that it would land in the range between $350 - $400, but I'm hoping that it'll be under $300 on concept for Warbond.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ IDK why they would call it "Small Cargo" on the picture then lmao. Small in comparison to the Caterpillar and Hull C/D/E maybe?
Hopefully they called it "Small Cargo" because they have a big brother for it also in mind for later on. hehe

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
for 300 cargo, plus alien tax, you are probably talking in the 300 range minimum, possibly 325-350 ish

Herc C2 was 300 warbond, 360 now.. Subtract 200 or so SCU of cargo, and you are probably looking at 250ish warbond at today's pricing (it's gotten really expensive) for a ship without alien tax.

My reasoning.

Valkyrie is 375. 330 initial warbond
Prowler, a lesser ship in almost every way, is 380 warbond and and 440 now

Prowler can ONLY land troops. Yes, it can fight a little, but the Valkyrie can fight a lot, can carry more troops, and can haul a vehicle or cargo. Prowler has stealth, Valkyrie has durability, so that balances. So, IMO, if the Valkyrie could only carry 16 troops and no cargo, it would be somewhere in the 275 range. This is supported by the Vanguard Hoplyte at 235, so 275 is a reasonable middle ground.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmm.

Is it worth upgrading my Dragonfly to a Nox. Former is more practical. Latter is more sex-eh.

And it's likely just an LTI token anyway.. :S
You know the bit in Star Wars episode 6 where they are on the forest moon and most of the speeder-bikes ended up exploded in trees?

That's the Nox.

As in it explodes on the scenery a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74IATQJw_Y

Ka-booooooom.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?