Alien Week is ON!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmm. The average lifespan of a dragonfly is only 7 days though..

Got the upgrade. Haven't applied it. It's that second seat. Conceivably, I might make a friend who could use it. :/
Great point on the 7 days :glorious:

If you have it, use it. If you don't like it melt the Nox and use your credit to buy-back the LTI Dragonfly (assuming you have not used this quarters store credit buy-back token yet) I've done this myself a few times to have a try of something not too much more expensive than the ship I'm currently slumming it in.

I have a Nox loaner for the Origin X1 bike. I go booooom a lot.

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
If you have it, use it. If you don't like it melt the Nox and use your credit to buy-back the LTI Dragonfly (assuming you have not used this quarters store credit buy-back token yet) I've done this myself a few times to have a try of something not too much more expensive than the ship I'm currently slumming it in.
Yup. Exactly my thinking.

Given how cheap the Dragonfly will be in game, I guess I shouldn't hold onto it.

The Nox, conceivably, might be gated behind some kind of alien rep grind I suppose.. 🤔

Kaus_Borealis

Grand Admiral
Jun 9, 2019
RSI Handle
Kaus_Borealis
Prowler can ONLY land troops. Yes, it can fight a little, but the Valkyrie can fight a lot, can carry more troops, and can haul a vehicle or cargo. Prowler has stealth, Valkyrie has durability, so that balances.
Penetrate defenses without activate AA guns and missile systems could be better than durability. Sabre Raven is an expensive ship with stealth capablity as only key feature to justify its price tag.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Penetrate defenses whitout activate AA guns and missile systems could be better than durability. Sabre Raven is an expensive ship with stealth capablity as only key to justify it price tag.
That & if it gets close enough to the target without being detected its EMP can nerf the defenses enough to bring in an army with ease.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Yup. Exactly my thinking.

Given how cheap the Dragonfly will be in game, I guess I shouldn't hold onto it.

The Nox, conceivably, might be gated behind some kind of alien rep grind I suppose.. 🤔
Lorewise the Nox is made for both the Xi'an and Human markets after Xi'an loved the Dragonfly (which canoically and in actuality is the first space bike, Nox and X1 copied the concept after it exploded in popularity) so much. Apopa asked their Emperor if they could make an open top bike, and wham bam blam here we are.

It might end up having a longer replacement time and/or a bit harder to find an Apopa dealer vs a Drake one, but I doubt that it would be behind an alien rep grind. It's an export model, not like some military or classified stuff.

FWIW I have all 3 hoverbikes and they all seem to have their place. Nox handles better and is faster than the Dragonfly, but the 0.5 SCU storage and second seat (or eventually another 0.5 SCU storage in lieu of seat) and planned better stability on rugged terrain + compact mode for easier storage makes the Dragonfly a lot more utilitarian.

X1 has only one gun in comparison to the Nox and Dragonfly, but is supposed to be more durable (armored panels covering the pilot and also more hit points) but bizzarely slower than the Nox? I would have assumed the X1 would be faster but hey what do I know? Mildly interesting that the X1 force packs 2 shield generators, so should be quite a bit safer to pilot than the other bikes.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Hmm. The average lifespan of a dragonfly is only 7 days though..

Got the upgrade. Haven't applied it. It's that second seat. Conceivably, I might make a friend who could use it. :/
Before they nerfed its SCM speed the Nox was a great tool to troll people around PO with. It was quick, 2 S1 repeaters could take down a small ships shields back then and the Nox was virtually impossible to hit,

Now its effectively a space mobility scooter, just without a basket to put your shopping in.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Before they nerfed its SCM speed the Nox was a great tool to troll people around PO with. It was quick, 2 S1 repeaters could take down a small ships shields back then and the Nox was virtually impossible to hit,

Now its effectively a space mobility scooter, just without a basket to put your shopping in.
The modern day version of the Drake Dragonfly. A Hover-Round build for 2.

Kaus_Borealis

Grand Admiral
Jun 9, 2019
RSI Handle
Kaus_Borealis

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Hmm.

Is it worth upgrading my Dragonfly to a Nox. Former is more practical. Latter is more sex-eh.

And it's likely just an LTI token anyway.. :S
I have both a Nox Kue (LTI) and a Dragonfly Yellowjacket. (The Yellow Jacket is a CCU from my Mustang starter package (60 months Insurance)). I am not really seeing much of a use for either. The Nox is likely to become a Stalker or a Hawk.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Just bought a Merchantman! This is one I'll hang on to. Won't melt it as it gives me the Cat back until its ready to fly. Just learned today that buybacks can not be paid for with store credits. :(
Then can once ever quarter. You get a buyback token in January, April, July and October. They are non-stackable and only usable for one item bought back with credits.

Hipstar Dufus

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
AtomicDOGE
Then can once ever quarter. You get a buyback token in January, April, July and October. They are non-stackable and only usable for one item bought back with credits.
I hope your right. I have a buyback now and whenever I select anything it says credits can not be used for buyback. I'd really like to buy the Carrack back sometime, but I'd have to spend over $600 now to buy it back. :( Regret melting it now.

Forgot your password?