AnniVERSary Sale 2016: how much money have you burned?

How much money did you throw towards CIG during the "INTERGALACTIC AEROSPACE EXPO"?

• 0, zip, zero - moar money for beer 'n stuff

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • 1 - 50 coins

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 50 - 100 bucks

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 100 - 500...jeez, really that much?

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • 500 - 1.000...I finally got my ship/s of dreams!

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 1.000 - 2.000...needed to close some gaps in my fleet.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 2.000 - ??? (pls. verify below)...I basically own the verse.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
What's a Prospector?
<humor> Oh you gotta get one o' dem, next time around. I heard it's the coolest most desired ship. Every body has one. I got one. You need one too. Your life won't be complete without one. <end humor>
It's the small one man mining vessel. Kinda cool in a Lumpy sort of way.

Should I get a Vanguard?
>humor> YES! You gotta get one,next time around. It's the coolest, most desired ship. Every body has one. I got one. You need one too. Your life won't be complete without one. <end humor>
Seriously as marcsand2 stated. It depends on your playing style. And while the Sabre is much quicker and more agile. The Vanguard is a brute of a beast that can take a pounding as well as dish it out, once the guns are more adjustable. I bought one earlier and it's sitting in my buy back garage for now. I did enjoy flying and battling in it. I just prefer the cut and zoom of the Sabre. So when it comes back on sale, you might want to kick it's tires.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Ah well after a little thought I purchased a CCU to the sentinel from the Buccaneer following the sales pitch above! Its your fault. Besides I went for yellow as its nearly team colours. The Bucc was priced as it was because of the old cutlass price so its hard to know how effective it will be but the sentinel will/should have a different play style. Not sure I will use it as also have the herald but the option is there.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
<humor> Oh you gotta get one o' dem, next time around. I heard it's the coolest most desired ship. Every body has one. I got one. You need one too. Your life won't be complete without one. <end humor>
It's the small one man mining vessel. Kinda cool in a Lumpy sort of way.
Haha, well played sir. I have one in buy back, with multiple CCUs waiting, just in case.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Buy Redeemer <-> Warden <-> Merchantman 0-Dollar-CCUs. So you can buy a Warden (or Merchantman) anytime lateron when YOU want it and not when CIG offers it.
This is the trick to building your fleet the best (Test?) way. During the last sale I got more $0.00 CCUs then I ever had. I will use them at my leisure and screw the marketing pressure to buy now, if at all.

Although I did rearrange my Hangar and spend <$300.00 cash, so I'm guilty, but not too bad.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Did I mention that a Vanguard is 3-in-1? Long range fighter, electronic warfare and bomber. With a little bit of luck even 4-in-1, if the designers don't make the hull wider for the Hoplite it also can be used as a dropship :grin:[/QUOTE You are such a marketing whore!
I have to admit,your knowledge of ship layouts and mechanics are impressive, honestly.
I nominate you for the role of Test ship and armament configuration officer.

(In a brief return to the thread origin, Just ended up getting myself a Herald to go with my shiny new X85. DAmmit.)
Oh yeah, what were we discussing??

Forgot your password?