AnniVERSary Sale 2016: how much money have you burned?

How much money did you throw towards CIG during the "INTERGALACTIC AEROSPACE EXPO"?

• 0, zip, zero - moar money for beer 'n stuff

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • 1 - 50 coins

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 50 - 100 bucks

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 100 - 500...jeez, really that much?

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • 500 - 1.000...I finally got my ship/s of dreams!

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 1.000 - 2.000...needed to close some gaps in my fleet.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 2.000 - ??? (pls. verify below)...I basically own the verse.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
I managed to get through this sale only dropping $165. Picked up the 85x, Gladius Valiant, and a ccu for my Sabre to the Comet. I had major temptations today to blow a wad like i did at the end of last years sale and pu an endeavor plus an Idris but i distracted myself with $0 ccu's. 132 of them to be exact. :joy:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I managed to get through this sale only dropping $165. Picked up the 85x, Gladius Valiant, and a ccu for my Sabre to the Comet. I had major temptations today to blow a wad like i did at the end of last years sale and pu an endeavor plus an Idris but i distracted myself with $0 ccu's. 132 of them to be exact. :joy:
Haha, 300 items in my hanger now. 1 ship package. I'm set.

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
Haha, 300 items in my hanger now. 1 ship package. I'm set.
It's like that merry go round when we were kids.

I.. didn't escape the sale unscathed.

I really had no intention to buy anything.

I am weak!! Damnit, SC. Wtf?
Don't worry, Your in good Company :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just 15$ to get the new sabre and melted things for the BMM :P
Well done sir, such willpower. Your wallet thanks you I'm sure.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I.. didn't escape the sale unscathed.

I really had no intention to buy anything.

I am weak!! Damnit, SC. Wtf?
Hah! Your profile pic seems to radiate the disappointment in yourself.

But seriously, I thought my fleet was done but even if bought a few things. still flip-flopping on a Vanguard or Sabre...

If you forget the diving for extra speed and altitude, what is left over? Boom, zoom and don't engage in dogfight because the other fighter will out turn you. Clear out and prepare yourself for another run.
The Vanguard has 4 S2 guns concentrated in the nose and one fixed S5 / gimballed S4 under the nose. Just perfect for boom.
So basically joust? Cause that's all I do now.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I did like the format so I could buy the ship on one day, have a look in the hanger to see if I liked them (for those hanger ready) and then melt them again if I didn't. So I did try the Gemini Starfarer although effective it has to many manned turrets for my liking so didn't keep it. Ended up just adding cutlass red and herald. Ironically both ships that are not once a year only I do not think I am very good at these sales.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So basically joust? Cause that's all I do now.
Yeap, strike, keep speed high and prepare for another run, The Vanguard is especially good at that because it has a hard hit. If you can utilize the manned turret then it will work even better because you can disengage while the turret is covering your back.
Why not both? Vanguard is versatile, and the Sabre is the best fighter in the game so far.
As long as the shields are way overpowered. It will become more interesting when they balance the shields.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yeap, strike, keep speed high and prepare for another run, The Vanguard is especially good at that because it has a hard hit. If you can utilize the manned turret then it will work even better because you can disengage while the turret is covering your back.
That's how I play and the Sabre doesn't do too well with it.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That's how I play and the Sabre doesn't do too well with it.
Depends on the guns you are using and your aim. The Sabre does fine with 4 S3 Panthers, but you have to stay on target for a short while. A few hits of the 4 S2 M4A lasers combined with a S5 M7A laser on the Vanguard do better.
This is caused by the position of the guns. The guns on the Sabre are spread from the left wing to the right wing while the guns of the Warden are concentrated on the nose. If the Sabre hits, then it has to be aligned good to hit with 4 guns while the Vanguard hits with 4 guns or misses.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?