AnniVERSary Sale 2016: how much money have you burned?

How much money did you throw towards CIG during the "INTERGALACTIC AEROSPACE EXPO"?

• 0, zip, zero - moar money for beer 'n stuff

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • 1 - 50 coins

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 50 - 100 bucks

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 100 - 500...jeez, really that much?

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • 500 - 1.000...I finally got my ship/s of dreams!

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 1.000 - 2.000...needed to close some gaps in my fleet.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 2.000 - ??? (pls. verify below)...I basically own the verse.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orac_zen

Space Marshal
Mar 16, 2016
RSI Handle
orak1
if I do the ship upgrade from hornet ghost to f7c hornet wildfire will I get the lti that comes with the f7c wildfire when you just buy it outright? I am thinking of melting my 85x for store credit to make up the $50 difference. So If I understand it I will get ride of hornet ghost and 85x and get hornet wildfire with lti. I am just concerned that I wont get lti if I do it this way.

Need help from knowledgeable melter's.

Schattenjagger

Captain
Donor
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Schattenjagger
Total, 64 dollars. At first bought an x85, however, when I saw the 890 for sale, I melted a few items to include x85 and ended up paying 14 dollars for the 890. It was a toss up between the Carrack and the Reclaimer and the Carrack won the prize of staying with me. That was a hard decision, but I think worth it in the long run. If I really want to, I can buy a Reclaimer in-game, amongst the other ships I melted.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Well, you're set for combat, that's for sure. :slight_smile:
I was considering exchanging my Freelancer DUR for a Connie Aquila or a dedicated freighter, but I'm only 1 guy so I think a DUR can work both roles to my satisfaction, maybe even fit the dragonfly in the back to bail out in or explore tight spots with.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
How does this relate to SC as there is no up and down. And we can't dive for extra speed.
If you forget the diving for extra speed and altitude, what is left over? Boom, zoom and don't engage in dogfight because the other fighter will out turn you. Clear out and prepare yourself for another run.
The Vanguard has 4 S2 guns concentrated in the nose and one fixed S5 / gimballed S4 under the nose. Just perfect for boom.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
if I do the ship upgrade from hornet ghost to f7c hornet wildfire will I get the lti that comes with the f7c wildfire when you just buy it outright? I am thinking of melting my 85x for store credit to make up the $50 difference. So If I understand it I will get ride of hornet ghost and 85x and get hornet wildfire with lti. I am just concerned that I wont get lti if I do it this way.

The insurance stay from the original ship you started with. So, if your tracker has 6 month insurance, and you upgrade it to a wildfire, you WILL NOT have LTI

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Now, if you melt the tracker, and buy a wildfire outright, you WILL have LTI. Same if you upgrade an x85 to a wildfire, as the x85 is LTI right now.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

You only get the LTI if the Ghost also has LTI, otherwise it is better to melt the Ghost and use the credits for a Wildfire because the not CCUd Wildfire has LTI
So, melt the Ghost, melt the 85X and buy a brand new Wildfire

Reactions: hardroc77

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
How does this relate to SC as there is no up and down. And we can't dive for extra speed.
Only a lunatic like me starts to dogfight with a Warden :grin: It is possible but only if you use full strafe to evade incoming fire, roll your ship to create a small target, use smart targeting (don't aim for the nearest target, switch target to the one in front of your guns) and shoot straight.

Forgot your password?