AnniVERSary Sale 2016: how much money have you burned?

How much money did you throw towards CIG during the "INTERGALACTIC AEROSPACE EXPO"?

• 0, zip, zero - moar money for beer 'n stuff

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • 1 - 50 coins

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 50 - 100 bucks

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 100 - 500...jeez, really that much?

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • 500 - 1.000...I finally got my ship/s of dreams!

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 1.000 - 2.000...needed to close some gaps in my fleet.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 2.000 - ??? (pls. verify below)...I basically own the verse.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Depends on the guns you are using and your aim. The Sabre does fine with 4 S3 Panthers, but you have to stay on target for a short while. A few hits of the 4 S2 M4A lasers combined with a S5 M7A laser on the Vanguard do better.
This is caused by the position of the guns. The guns on the Sabre are spread from the left wing to the right wing while the guns of the Warden are concentrated on the nose. If the Sabre hits, then it has to be aligned good to hit with 4 guns while the Vanguard hits with 4 guns or misses.
You are such a pro, Marc, your knowledge about ships and guns is awesome! :sunglasses::thumbsup:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
:blush:
Actually I was always fascinated by WW2 airplanes. The Vanguard is a space version of the Lockheed P-38 Lightning.

It was extremely forgiving and could be mishandled in many ways but the rate of roll in the early versions was too slow for it to excel as a dogfighter
Clustering all the armament in the nose was unusual in U.S. aircraft, which typically used wing-mounted guns with trajectories set up to crisscross at one or more points in a convergence zone. Nose-mounted guns did not suffer from having their useful ranges limited by pattern convergence, meaning that good pilots could shoot much farther. A Lightning could reliably hit targets at any range up to 1,000 yd (910 m), whereas the wing guns of other fighters were optimized for a specific range.
Star Citizen ships don't have convergence zone, the trajectory is always straight and parallel to each other.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
:blush:
Actually I was always fascinated by WW2 airplanes. The Vanguard is a space version of the Lockheed P-38 Lightning.

Star Citizen ships don't have convergence zone, the trajectory is always straight and parallel to each other.
If anything this lend even more strength to the Vanguard's weapon clustering - Sure if you miss you miss, but if you hit you've landed nearly every shot.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Stop making me want a vanguard, sheesh
Did I mention that a Vanguard is 3-in-1? Long range fighter, electronic warfare and bomber. With a little bit of luck even 4-in-1, if the designers don't make the hull wider for the Hoplite it also can be used as a dropship :grin:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Did I mention that a Vanguard is 3-in-1? Long range fighter, electronic warfare and bomber. With a little bit of luck even 4-in-1, if the designers don't make the hull wider for the Hoplite it also can be used as a dropship :grin:
(sigh) Now I have to get one. I love versatility.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Yeah got them :slight_smile: .
I think Ill keep buying CCUs and applying them as they become flight ready. Maybe 'make' some bucks in the process, melting it all and buy solo ships when the game goes life.
For some reason I think you will have to do smaller missions anyway to be able to pay the upkeep for the larger ships.
That or have a dedicated player crew split the difference but I digress.

I will rent the Warden first I guess, is it getting a rework done?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Problem is, the Sentinel and Harbinger BUKs are about $150...on top of the base Warden. Told myself I'd spend no more money.

Maybe I should try to sell off a Carrack...
There still is a chance by spending less money instead of buying her now:
  • Buy Redeemer -> Warden CCU (0 Dollar)
  • Buy Warden -> Sentinel CCU (15 Dollar)
AND/OR

• Buy Aquila -> Harbinger CCU (5 Dollar)

By this, you can at anytime go for a Warden when you can afford it and not when CIG wants you to buy it ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
(sigh) Now I have to get one. I love versatility.
Me too. So do it. Now.
Problem is, the Sentinel and Harbinger BUKs are about $150...on top of the base Warden. Told myself I'd spend no more money.

Maybe I should try to sell off a Carrack...
They shouldn't be near that price. 25 and 45 I believe. But yeah, grey market inflation is retarded. They're the only things I doubt have LTI on.

Forgot your password?