AnniVERSary Sale 2016: how much money have you burned?

How much money did you throw towards CIG during the "INTERGALACTIC AEROSPACE EXPO"?

• 0, zip, zero - moar money for beer 'n stuff

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • 1 - 50 coins

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 50 - 100 bucks

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 100 - 500...jeez, really that much?

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • 500 - 1.000...I finally got my ship/s of dreams!

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 1.000 - 2.000...needed to close some gaps in my fleet.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 2.000 - ??? (pls. verify below)...I basically own the verse.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, drop your pants and be honest: how much money did you throw towards CIG during the "INTERGALACTIC AEROSPACE EXPO"?

(Since the show is still running, you for sure can change your poll response).

Did you plan to buy (whatever ship/CCU) during this sale? Or was it more like unintended and/or drunk buying?

I first didn't want to spend any money. But finally, an idea arose: get as much CCUs as possible with your ingame funds, melt them for being then able to get the ship that I want - when I want (sidenote: while sure keeping my base fleet). Ergo: this Anniversary Sale was/still is more a CCU Sale for me. Saturday I will melt my Crucible for getting the CCU to it (I am waiting because not being 100% sure if I'll be able to get her - its the first advent weekend, family, cookies, candles, coffee and so on) and buying the last missing CCUs. After that, starting from now, for the next year my plan is to rebuy each ship which is about to be released as hangar-/flight ready, using the corresponding CCU. Means, when the next ship is about to be released, according to the schedule, I can then decide whether to keep the ship or to melt it. Since CIG imho will not be able to release more than one patch per quarter, this should "save" me some money - and some endorphins ;)

Well, I'm curious: how much money did you burn for fresh JPEGs - and did you intend to burn it? :D
Cheers!
Sam

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Well, I finally got my BMM. That was the big one. I ended up CCU'ing over to a Cat, but then picking up a CCU from the cat to a starliner. I haven't applied it yet, but I wanted it for the future. I grabbed a couple more LTI tokens, CCU'ing to a P-72, a Mustang Delta, and an Aurora LN (because I need at least one aurora for test purposes).

I am still considering either a Warlock or Sentinel tomorrow. Also, I am reserving some bucks for Saturday (?) when they have those $30 game packages on sale. I plan on using them for christmas presents (and a few for me to make NPC's out of).

Calmno

Grand Admiral
Dec 8, 2015
RSI Handle
CALMNO
126$ (VAT included), an 85x and a bunch of CCUs. I think I have all the ships I want for launch, however I want to have some extra store credits and CCUs to be able to try them all out as they get released during alpha...

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
$0.00
My other favourite sim allows one to make one's own levels and just gave me 11 more landing strips free.
It's the best combat flight sim around.
My total investment is under $75 on that one.
$380 on SC is many times more than I have ever invested in a game.
The worst of it is that I know I will invest more. Oh yes I will. Slowly and carefully.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
$300 so far. I now have a fighter, a miner, an explorer, and I intend to CCU some of this other impulse (endorphins!) buy crap I picked up into something multi-purpose/multi/crew tomorrow. If all goes as planned, I'll spend another $200 or so, bringing the total fleet value up to around $780. I'm not going to say that I'll never buy another ship, because that would be a lie, but my fleet will be more or less 'complete' for all practical purposes.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I haven't spent anything so far.

I bought a Polaris last month so want going to spend a lot.
Done some chopping and changing, can't decide whether I should bite the bullet and melt the special editions Sabre and Gladius to get the Reclaimer.

I'll have 4 huge ships then, Polaris, Carrack, Orion and Reclaimer, and three small ones, Redeemer, Cutlass and Herald.

I can then just buy the special editions back as and when.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I think around $25. I managed to obtain the Hull B that I had wanted to for some time, and also succumbed to the Banu Merchantman lure. I hadn't intended to purchase the latter but I'm glad that I have. I think it will be both beatiful and become pivotal in my game play.

In addition to the $25 this also cost me my second account's starter ship, my Hornet Ghost, and my beloved 350R. I'm still feeling the pain from melting that last one, doubly so since it was an upgrade from an LTI token so no buyback. A bitter-sweet moment.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I think around $25. I managed to obtain the Hull B that I had wanted to for some time, and also succumbed to the Banu Merchantman lure. I hadn't intended to purchase the latter but I'm glad that I have. I think it will be both beatiful and become pivotal in my game play.

In addition to the $25 this also cost me my second account's starter ship, my Hornet Ghost, and my beloved 350R. I'm still feeling the pain from melting that last one, doubly so since it was an upgrade from an LTI token so no buyback. A bitter-sweet moment.
Think of it as a sacrifice to the Banu gods.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
About $125. I cleaned out the closet a little, so to speak. I gave up a Xian Scout, Vanduul Blade, Hornet Tracker, and an 85X. Tomorrow night is going to hurt, though. I bid the LTI Hornet Ghost a fond farewell, to be magically transformed into an Orion or a Reclaimer(haven't decided yet, but either way there will be screams and blood from the wallet, for a grand total of about $300 for this year). Not too sad though. I picked up a Prowler, a BMM, a Titan Renegade, a Mustang Delta and tonight, a big ol' industrial money maker.

Forgot your password?