Anniversary Sale 2017 Drake Happy Hour

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
With the special CIG Happy Hour event coming that is stated to feature the opportunity for backers to decide between a choice of 2 possible Drake concepts to begin the pipeline, I thought I would open this thread to open the conversation. All questions, hopes, theories, thoughts, whatever are welcome.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm initially wondering, will this Happy Hour be hosted live on Twitch & posted as a video later OR will it simply come out as a video?

Personally, I'm hoping that it comes out live so that they can open the voting after the big reveal & maybe have sneak peaks at how many people are voting even if they don't show which option is winning.

I'm also curious about what time it will be happening.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Solo SALVAGE SHIP. Purty pwease
That would make great sense, especially since most Drake ships are loved by those that are looking forward to the Space Pirate life.

Last I checked, it will be insanely difficult to hide a Reclaimer in an asteroid field, but a smaller 1 person salvage ship would make much more sense there. I even think that pirate groups would have several of them to quickly break down ships that they then store the scrap in their pirate cats.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What do you all think about a small communication jamming ship to prevent targeted ships from sending out distress calls for help? Sort of like a reverse version of a Drake Herald. Instead of scanning to steal passing data, it sends out signals that nullify data transfers.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
With the special CIG Happy Hour event coming that is stated to feature the opportunity for backers to decide between a choice of 2 possible Drake concepts to begin the pipeline, I thought I would open this thread to open the conversation. All questions, hopes, theories, thoughts, whatever are welcome.
i want a Drake Death Star.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I'm not sure that I'd want a solo salvage ship. Money making from salvage comes from removing in tact parts or selling scrap in bulk.

Since anyone can remove the parts and move them to their ship with hand tools, the Cutlass Black is pretty much already a solo salvage ship already.

I'd say, give us a smaller repair ship than the Crucible for quick fixes. Something that can pair well with a Caterpillar and quickly attach parts that the Cat brings.

Or give us a floating warehouse. Something Endeavor size but just one large internal storage facility. Nothing pretty, just functional.

Or possibly a pocket destroyer that the lore said that pirates use all of the time. One that carries a couple of Cutlasses just like the old Cutlass lore said.

erchael

Grand Admiral
Mar 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Erchael
I'd rather see some Caterpillar modules : at the moment we've got a bad (=bad volume*speed) transport ship without any additional/potential roles but that could fulfill any support (and even combat) role given the right modules. As a manufacturer, I think that would be a smarter move from Drake (pushing module sales AND caterpillar sales) rather than creating yet another specialized platform and undercutting their Caterpillar's only selling point.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
i want a Drake Death Star.
I like it. Maybe it would look like a random Asteroid from the outside, but still have the Death Star super laser? Then it would possibly blend in with its surroundings until it is too late for its victims.

I'm not sure that I'd want a solo salvage ship. Money making from salvage comes from removing in tact parts or selling scrap in bulk.

Since anyone can remove the parts and move them to their ship with hand tools, the Cutlass Black is pretty much already a solo salvage ship already.

I'd say, give us a smaller repair ship than the Crucible for quick fixes. Something that can pair well with a Caterpillar and quickly attach parts that the Cat brings.

Or give us a floating warehouse. Something Endeavor size but just one large internal storage facility. Nothing pretty, just functional.

Or possibly a pocket destroyer that the lore said that pirates use all of the time. One that carries a couple of Cutlasses just like the old Cutlass lore said.
Good point about the Cutlass. Great ideas overall.

I'm surprised that you didn't also mentioned a smaller solo person ship similar to a Starfarer to either help fuel the ships that is more easily concealable or it would store several pirates weight in Beer for the celebration after the score.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'd rather see some Caterpillar modules : at the moment we've got a bad (=bad volume*speed) transport ship without any additional/potential roles but that could fulfill any support (and even combat) role given the right modules. As a manufacturer, I think that would be a smarter move from Drake (pushing module sales AND caterpillar sales) rather than creating yet another specialized platform and undercutting their Caterpillar's only selling point.
I'm right there with you on the idea of having the modules finally be obtainable.

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
Yeah, I am hoping to hear things re: Cutlass Blue and how modular it is (if even just a small mod, better canners, swap out prisoner stasis pods for liquor cabinets and beer coolers etc), how much room, will it fit a Nox etc

Also hoping to hear stuff on the modular abilities of the Cutlass Black

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yeah, I am hoping to hear things re: Cutlass Blue and how modular it is (if even just a small mod, better canners, swap out prisoner stasis pods for liquor cabinets and beer coolers etc), how much room, will it fit a Nox etc

Also hoping to hear stuff on the modular abilities of the Cutlass Black
I'm interested in learning about those points as well. Maybe they will also make a Dragonfly variant that would work with a Cutlass Blue that would have a prisoner transportation spot to help take the prisoner back to the Blue instead of just walking them.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I agree @atpbx. When I think of a repair craft for pirates, I get a mental image of something similar to a mini-sub today, but where it's various robotic arms would have different functions to perform the various repairs.

Forgot your password?