Anniversary Sale 2017 Drake Happy Hour

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I'm not sure that I'd want a solo salvage ship. Money making from salvage comes from removing in tact parts or selling scrap in bulk.

Since anyone can remove the parts and move them to their ship with hand tools, the Cutlass Black is pretty much already a solo salvage ship already.

I'd say, give us a smaller repair ship than the Crucible for quick fixes. Something that can pair well with a Caterpillar and quickly attach parts that the Cat brings.

Or give us a floating warehouse. Something Endeavor size but just one large internal storage facility. Nothing pretty, just functional.

Or possibly a pocket destroyer that the lore said that pirates use all of the time. One that carries a couple of Cutlasses just like the old Cutlass lore said.
I'd say if Drake made a repair ship they'd make it dual purpose as a salvage ship too. They'd make a ship that could salvage the totaled ships and use the parts and scrap to fix up the other ships in your fleet and then chop shop the ships you attacked.

I'm totally with you on the floating warehouse. There's nothing that has a single massive hold to move big things. I've said it before, Drake should make something that's an answer to the Hull Seize since the lore says MISC made them to beat out and one up Drake's Caterpillar as a bulk modular cargo transport. What Drake could do is make a huge flying shoebox of a warehouse with engines on the sides and crew compartments/bridge on top with a big door on the front and back that covers the whole face and opens the whole compartment like a tube, and with some smaller big doors on the sides. You'd have a cargo lift along with a ladder or stairs tucked in on the sides to move from the cargo hold to the crew compartments, something like the elevators in Grim Hex. It would also make sense to make them able to couple together like the modules of a Caterpillar, making it a perfect answer to the Hull since it's both big open internal hold that the Hull can't offer and it should have the same or slightly lesser cargo capacity than the Hull D or E, but could surpass it if coupled with more, but at the cost of buying more of these ships.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I would like to see some sort of cultivation ship. Either one that is used for farming or one with some kind of production function. Or perhaps a ship that can remove resources like oil/gas/water/etc... from planets or asteroids.
Drake already does mineral transfer and farming, they do lead farming.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Let's be honest, Drake wouldn't make a small salvage ship unless it had ways to disable "dangerously unstable" (ie powered) "wrecks" (manned ships) that are "legal to salvage" (occupied by current owners).

I like the Drake feel that everything they do has a seedy underbelly. Cutlass is "totally not" a pirates wet dream assault fighter gunboat boarding craft.

Herald "totally" doesn't hack enemy ships to shut them down for easy boarding or runs illegal data.

Caterpillar is "totally" not a pirate support ship, just happens to be modular to suit any duty you need and more heavily armored and (allegedly, rip parking sensors) armed than any other freighter out there.

Bucc is a pure fighter so it's less subtle about the role, but Drake markets em towards pirates heavily and uses the outlaw vibe to be the cool kid on the block.

Dragonfly is a cool bike that you can "just so happen" to fit 2 distortion cannons on and hop out of a Caterpillar 3 at a time and disable ships.

I hope this new ship sticks with the Drake's "we totally did not mean for this to be a ship used by outlaws, my goodness!" vibe.

I think a Drake medium transport ship would be cool. Something like a Rum runner or Bootlegger. Focuses on one thing we don't have in a transport ship: SPEED. Smaller cargo space than the Freelancer (possibly with cargo scan shielding, like the Phoenix has?) but can outrun practically anything besides a racer with plenty of space-horsepower under the hood. Of course, legally this is for smaller, legal, high value cargo. And would certainly be useful for that! But we all know that it's for gun running, smuggling, drugs anything you need shipped quickly.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
How about a Drake air strip? A flying landing pad big enough for 2 Cutlasses and a Cat to dock on the side and open up all of the doors flush with the floor.

No frills. No fancy things. Just a large landing pad with s bridge.

It's not a pocket carrier since landing pads can't transport ships while in flight. It's just a ship to make repairs with hand tools and cargo transfers easy.
Yup, that'd do.
So remember when the at the end of the HH video? The dude was talking about human torpedoes......Could the Cat possibly be getting the mechanic we all originally thought it was supposed to have? Or could it potentially be a completely different ship designed for such a purpose?
Hehe, so much fun. Especially for TESTies.
I'm honestly more interested in a final list of Cat modules (fuel tank, repair shop, gunnery/missile, liquid storage, EVA mancannons, Titan armor support, etc etc) than a new ship.

Pretty much anything a new ship could do, Caterpillar could do with an appropriate module(s) setup.

Also more info on Cutlass Red + Blue plz.
Yeah man, this is probably the biggest let down. When we got the brochure last year for the Cat, I was praying it'd have mod info. I'm still disappointed that they tout the ship to be so modular, yet still won't let us know anything about fucking modules. I understand that they don't want to promise a bunch of shit until they know if they can deliver it, but come on man, give us something.
I think a Drake medium transport ship would be cool. Something like a Rum runner or Bootlegger. Focuses on one thing we don't have in a transport ship: SPEED. Smaller cargo space than the Freelancer (possibly with cargo scan shielding, like the Phoenix has?) but can outrun practically anything besides a racer with plenty of space-horsepower under the hood. Of course, legally this is for smaller, legal, high value cargo. And would certainly be useful for that! But we all know that it's for gun running, smuggling, drugs anything you need shipped quickly.
This also is something I'd be more than happy with.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Scout carrier is going to blow everything out of the water probably.

People have been begging for an """affordable""" carrier for years.
indeed. what they were talking up for it could be crazy.
It's nice to hear people talk up broadside modules for the Cat. I think the biggest issue right now is how to implement modularity.

Forgot your password?