Anniversary Sale 2017 Drake Happy Hour

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
(even though the caterpillar, buccaneer have been melted).
i have similar thoughts. The Pirate skin on my Cat is keeping it in the garage. But the Buc might be CCu'd by the end of the week.
What do you all think about a small communication jamming ship to prevent targeted ships from sending out distress calls for help? Sort of like a reverse version of a Drake Herald. Instead of scanning to steal passing data, it sends out signals that nullify data transfers.
This is a very good idea. A couple of these around a battle field would do quite nicely.

i want a Drake Death Star.
Shh. The first rule of Test Death Star is...

I'd say, give us a smaller repair ship than the Crucible for quick fixes. Something that can pair well with a Caterpillar and quickly attach parts that the Cat brings.
Repair droids matched with a Cat.... excellent idea. I like this one.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What do you all think about a small communication jamming ship to prevent targeted ships from sending out distress calls for help? Sort of like a reverse version of a Drake Herald. Instead of scanning to steal passing data, it sends out signals that nullify data transfers.
Sentinel. ;) But I concur, that would be cool.
Or possibly a pocket destroyer that the lore said that pirates use all of the time. One that carries a couple of Cutlasses just like the old Cutlass lore said.
Oooooooo, SHTAP making things in your mind that I want to buy, haha.
I'm not sure that I'd want a solo salvage ship. Money making from salvage comes from removing in tact parts or selling scrap in bulk.

Since anyone can remove the parts and move them to their ship with hand tools, the Cutlass Black is pretty much already a solo salvage ship already.
SHTAP making sense! I WANT A SMALL SALVAGE SHIP! Or salvage modules for my Caterpillar.
I'd rather see some Caterpillar modules : at the moment we've got a bad (=bad volume*speed) transport ship without any additional/potential roles but that could fulfill any support (and even combat) role given the right modules. As a manufacturer, I think that would be a smarter move from Drake (pushing module sales AND caterpillar sales) rather than creating yet another specialized platform and undercutting their Caterpillar's only selling point.
This. Why CIG, why have we NEVER heard a damn thing about Cat modules?
I'm right there with you on the idea of having the modules finally be obtainable.
Concur
Yeah, I am hoping to hear things re: Cutlass Blue and how modular it is (if even just a small mod, better canners, swap out prisoner stasis pods for liquor cabinets and beer coolers etc), how much room, will it fit a Nox etc

Also hoping to hear stuff on the modular abilities of the Cutlass Black
This would be damn nice. I love my Blue, but if I can't take out the prisoner pods, then what good will she be? Well, aside from Bounty Hunting.
I'm interested in learning about those points as well. Maybe they will also make a Dragonfly variant that would work with a Cutlass Blue that would have a prisoner transportation spot to help take the prisoner back to the Blue instead of just walking them.
Neat idea.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I like it. Maybe it would look like a random Asteroid from the outside, but still have the Death Star super laser? Then it would possibly blend in with its surroundings until it is too late for its victims.

Good point about the Cutlass. Great ideas overall.

I'm surprised that you didn't also mentioned a smaller solo person ship similar to a Starfarer to either help fuel the ships that is more easily concealable or it would store several pirates weight in Beer for the celebration after the score.
Is 1 small beer ever the answer over 6 full kegs? :P

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Sentinel. ;) But I concur, that would be cool.

Oooooooo, SHTAP making things in your mind that I want to buy, haha.

SHTAP making sense! I WANT A SMALL SALVAGE SHIP! Or salvage modules for my Caterpillar.

This. Why CIG, why have we NEVER heard a damn thing about Cat modules?

Concur

This would be damn nice. I love my Blue, but if I can't take out the prisoner pods, then what good will she be? Well, aside from Bounty Hunting.

Neat idea.
Well, we could always use a drone module for the Caterpillar that could fetch salvage like the Reclaimer, lol. Swap them out with repair drones from the Ceucible for repairs or scout drones like the Carrack has.

Any small ship drake makes that is not a fighter can almost be replaced with a Cat module, lol.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
i have similar thoughts. The Pirate skin on my Cat is keeping it in the garage. But the Buc might be CCu'd by the end of the week.
This is a very good idea. A couple of these around a battle field would do quite nicely.

Shh. The first rule of Test Death Star is...

Repair droids matched with a Cat.... excellent idea. I like this one.
we dont talk about Test Death Star?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I like it. Maybe it would look like a random Asteroid from the outside, but still have the Death Star super laser? Then it would possibly blend in with its surroundings until it is too late for its victims.

Good point about the Cutlass. Great ideas overall.

I'm surprised that you didn't also mentioned a smaller solo person ship similar to a Starfarer to either help fuel the ships that is more easily concealable or it would store several pirates weight in Beer for the celebration after the score.
yasss

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
It has to secretly but not so secretly cater to pirates so a dedicated salvage/repair ship (which is really just a chop shop) would work well and I would vote it.

It will be the Drake Rake'm and Break'm.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, we could always use a drone module for the Caterpillar that could fetch salvage like the Reclaimer, lol. Swap them out with repair drones from the Ceucible for repairs or scout drones like the Carrack has.

Any small ship drake makes that is not a fighter can almost be replaced with a Cat module, lol.
Yeah man. IF THEY EVER GIVE US MODULES! Gaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!
It will be the Drake Rake'm and Break'm.
Le sigh. You're making my poor heart flutter with desire.

For the ship. I swear!

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Yeah man. IF THEY EVER GIVE US MODULES! Gaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!

Le sigh. You're making my poor heart flutter with desire.

For the ship. I swear!
How about a Drake air strip? A flying landing pad big enough for 2 Cutlasses and a Cat to dock on the side and open up all of the doors flush with the floor.

No frills. No fancy things. Just a large landing pad with s bridge.

It's not a pocket carrier since landing pads can't transport ships while in flight. It's just a ship to make repairs with hand tools and cargo transfers easy.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So remember when the at the end of the HH video? The dude was talking about human torpedoes......Could the Cat possibly be getting the mechanic we all originally thought it was supposed to have? Or could it potentially be a completely different ship designed for such a purpose?
When I 1st saw the Cat as well as how its front end opens, I had 1 thing come to mind from the cartoon Robotech.

All it would be needing is a squadron of Titan suits in the end that would open fire from within the enemy ship & image complete.

Laughing-Skull

Vice Admiral
Nov 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Victus Hakarri
Lol I love this old anime. I am super glad however that the art has improved since. These old toons make everyone look like they have downs. I really wish they would have implemented a boarding mechanic via ramming a hole in another persons ship lol. That would have been too cool. You know, if what they where referring to in the video really is a boarding torpedo, can you imagine how useful it will be if used from a Polaris? Lol we have hundreds of them..... Were going to be stealing peoples Javelins in no time.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm honestly more interested in a final list of Cat modules (fuel tank, repair shop, gunnery/missile, liquid storage, EVA mancannons, Titan armor support, etc etc) than a new ship.

Pretty much anything a new ship could do, Caterpillar could do with an appropriate module(s) setup.

Also more info on Cutlass Red + Blue plz.

That being said, I still want my Brutus, even if there would be horrid horrid role overlap with the Cutlass.

Forgot your password?