Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
What is behind the notion of them selling a specific number and no more? Just to create supply issues to keep the prices up?
Just like there are only about x number of aircraft carriers in the world (last I counted , the US had 11, Britain had 2, France had 2 or so, the Russians had 2, and the Chinese were building 2 or 3), there are some things that should be scarce to keep things in line with the lore and CR's vision.

Yeah, they could sell more, but then, they wouldn't be special or unique anymore.. Even the 890Jump is supposed to be a very rare ultra-luxurious yacht...

Of course, we can have a lot of fun posting on reddit that CR needs a new Mercedes, so they are going to sell 50 more Krakens...

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
What is behind the notion of them selling a specific number and no more? Just to create supply issues to keep the prices up?
Hi, I had an email exchange with CIG. They told me that the limitation is based on the Star Citizen lore, which is why there should be only a limited number of the more "exclusive" ships in verse.
When I look at how comparatively few Drake Kraken have been offered for sale - in my opinion much less than the Javelin, for example - then I'm interested in the historical background to the extent that I wonder why Drake advertises it when this thing can hardly be produced..? Anyway, CIG will have its reasons.

Apart from that, since last year I have hardly pushed a cent towards CIG - and now I am the proud owner of an Idris-K. 🍻🍻🍻

Forgot your password?