Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I am seriously having a hard time not upgrading to a Hercules M2........ this thing looks amazing!
So FYI, just be aware, there isn't a dedicated crew quarters on the thing...in lore, if you were going to overnight somewhere or take a dedicated crew, they would have a van brought in and fastened down in the hold. I have no idea how that will work then when the ship is actually in the 'verse.

Call me weird, I like space ships that have a bed...I can go somewhere, log out, and (provided it isn't bugged) log back in the next time I start my game. (works about 50% of the time, varies according to release).

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So FYI, just be aware, there isn't a dedicated crew quarters on the thing...in lore, if you were going to overnight somewhere or take a dedicated crew, they would have a van brought in and fastened down in the hold. I have no idea how that will work then when the ship is actually in the 'verse.

Call me weird, I like space ships that have a bed...I can go somewhere, log out, and (provided it isn't bugged) log back in the next time I start my game. (works about 50% of the time, varies according to release).
Ya I did not think about that, it is a bit strange a ship that size with no sleeping quarters although maybe they see this as the C-130 of space and its just meant to deliver its load and go back period, I am still leaning towards this as my main for SC as every time I consider a combat ship I think to myself I am not that good, don't have the time to be that good and right now hardware and desk space is an issue I want to be in a more supportive fleet role so its either transport, search and rescue or some sort of repair/refuel option I am leaning to.

Any suggestions as to what may be the most needed or underplayed role ? I imagine just being a crew member may be the most needed as many will want to operate their own ships lol.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Any suggestions as to what may be the most needed or underplayed role ? I imagine just being a crew member may be the most needed as many will want to operate their own ships lol.
My guess is very few will jump at the Electronic Warfare Officer role for the Sentinel. If you're a strategic thinker rather than a tactical dogfighter, the second seat in the Sentinel looks to me will be fabulous fun, and there is still a turret to man, so plenty of busy.

Anyone who flies a Vanguard will want to take advantage of the Sentinel flying as part of the pack and misdirecting enemies. It does however require a thorough understanding of all scan dynamics as they emerge, and probably a fair hand at estimating travel times between combatants. It's a complex task to do right, but should give a huge edge to anyone the beneficiary of such service.

Make yourself indispensable and fly second seat in a Sentinel.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The supercollider... it is mine... the Ambergris... she is complete!

Who wants to see if we can turn this thing in to the biggest EMP out there?
If you figure out how to make your Ambergris give off that large of an EMP, I'd love to see that. Just let us all know before hand so we can line up a massive convoy of Beer-farers to arrive at whatever habitated system you pull that off in so that we can rake in the funds. I'm sure that all of those effected by your glorious achievement will be needing some alcohol to deal with the loss of power until they can get their systems restored. Deal?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you figure out how to make your Ambergris give off that large of an EMP, I'd love to see that. Just let us all know before hand so we can line up a massive convoy of Beer-farers to arrive at whatever habitated system you pull that off in so that we can rake in the funds. I'm sure that all of those effected by your glorious achievement will be needing some alcohol to deal with the loss of power until they can get their systems restored. Deal?
Deal.

The way I see it, a supercollier is just a huge array of electro-magnets so I should be able to rig something nuts out of it. I only expect it to be able to effect other Cap-ships and any other small ships in its radius, the Drive Section of an Endeavour can't land so trying to take out anything that isn't Orbital will be a challenge.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
CIG has raised the prices quite drastically. Example: my Hull C has a melt value of 185$.....
And even the Hull E, which is even not in production, has been raised a 100 bucks - AND is limited now AND is not meant to CCU to.
These are the moments when I would really like to know - from the bottom of my heart - what the f*ck CIG is thinking when they are making such changes to price and - foremost - strategy..?

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
CIG has raised the prices quite drastically. Example: my Hull C has a melt value of 185$.....
And even the Hull E, which is even not in production, has been raised a 100 bucks - AND is limited now AND is not meant to CCU to.
These are the moments when I would really like to know - from the bottom of my heart - what the f*ck CIG is thinking when they are making such changes to price and - foremost - strategy..?
Forcing rarity creates hype and value.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Deal.

The way I see it, a supercollier is just a huge array of electro-magnets so I should be able to rig something nuts out of it. I only expect it to be able to effect other Cap-ships and any other small ships in its radius, the Drive Section of an Endeavour can't land so trying to take out anything that isn't Orbital will be a challenge.
Yes, taking out non-orbital things will be a challenge, but as I recall, triggering a nuclear weapon as an EMP high in the atmosphere would allow its effects to be dispersed over a much larger area. So you can definitely cause a lot of people around majorly populated planets to become thirsty patrons of TEST brand space booze. Also, if the planet is like Earth magnetically speaking, doing so might look beautiful while it destroys the technology in its wake. Which means that you might turn your Ambergris into the ultimate Aurora of destruction.

Forgot your password?