Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
All I need now are some of my buybacks, and these
Phoenix Emerald
Starlifter A2 warbond
Polaris Warbond

And then my fleet will be complete.
I CCU'd the crap out of my old completionist pack this anniversary...
Goal of one of every ship with LTI, nearly achieved.

Marknado

Vice Admiral
Nov 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Marknado
I think it's intended as a specialized bomber. If you want to bomb terrestrial targets, seems the best choice.
$600 buckaroos is prbly too steep right now, as I've just bought both the new Xi'An and Polaris... Guess I know what my next year 20% Imperator Reward coupon will be applied to... But to flow over another Orgs stuff, and bomb the living crap out of them is nearly arousing...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Haha prolly a point and shoot at this point, I don't think I will ever be competitive at dog fighting I just don't have the time, equipment and experience with simulators but I feel over time I would be average or slightly higher I also want to be more of a fleet or group type of player, I will not be one of those guys who goes out and tries to 1vs1 other people I am just not that type of player so any single player support ship interests me.
Sounds like you want a SuperHornet loaded for bear, and with the best shields you can get. However I do recommend looking into the Raven as an alternative. It looks pretty entertaining to me the way they fight, and it does open up some interesting gameplay against larger targets. You don't really need the skills of a combat pilot, who can avoid incoming, if you're moving on task in such a fast, tiny bird, and can disable opponents very quickly--then cut them to ribbons after they're 'puter goes down.

Looks fun to me.

The SuperHornet has the benefit that you can swap parts and go Ghost, or Tracker, or even small cargo. It is the multi-mission bird at SC.

Another obscure option is the Eclipse. That is silent death, and I want one. I highly recommend the vids. The thing can't be seen at the ranges it can kill at. I don't think people really underatand what a menace the Eclipse is going to be, but you want bigger targets to justify those expensive S9 Torps. Is not for killing fighters. Is great for killing Tallies, Connies and the like.

Last edited:

Marknado

Vice Admiral
Nov 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Marknado
Can the coupon be applied to buy backs?
That is a good question - not sure. So far this year is my first as an Imperator. Normally I've aimed for LTI, and through the years I've scrounged a few ships - some of the I've then upgraded. Like my KS-Connie into a Carrack or my Hawk into a Polaris. I could use a coupon on the Polaris-upgrade.

But, even though I've been following the game for ages, and spent quite a sum of money, I'm a bit of a novice, since I haven't been part of an active Org, and only have a couple of IRL friends who play the game (so far)

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I can here in a few hours once I get home.
Don't do it if you don't wanna risk it, was only asking for those that already have.
I'm hearing that the greycat melts into UEC and not RSI. Which is a problem, but haven't heard it more than from 1 person yet.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So FYI, just be aware, there isn't a dedicated crew quarters on the thing...in lore, if you were going to overnight somewhere or take a dedicated crew, they would have a van brought in and fastened down in the hold. I have no idea how that will work then when the ship is actually in the 'verse.

Call me weird, I like space ships that have a bed...I can go somewhere, log out, and (provided it isn't bugged) log back in the next time I start my game. (works about 50% of the time, varies according to release).
Actually unless they changed it the Q&A I read said it had 3 beds a small kitchen and bathroom.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Also, not that I haven't allready spent to much money... But the Crusader is comming up, and I'm struggling not to get a bit of a boner over the A2Hercules - any thoughts on that ship? Will it be worth the money I'll expect it to cost, and could we use it? I already have large ships (Polaris and CarracK), and am on the one hand liking the idea of bombing the living bejezus out of semi-sentient species (or rival Orgs) and on the other hand already having spent a lot of money and owning a few crew-heavy ships...
If I had an A2 Hercules, I'd swap out those massive bombs with equally massive kegs.

$600 buckaroos is prbly too steep right now, as I've just bought both the new Xi'An and Polaris... Guess I know what my next year 20% Imperator Reward coupon will be applied to... But to flow over another Orgs stuff, and bomb the living crap out of them is nearly arousing...
After you bomb the hell out of enemy Orgs, I'll use mine to help our fellow TESTies get hella bombed 1 drink at a time. Cheers!

Don't plan on melting your Greycat. You only get 15,000 UEC for it and not RSI credits.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/204890827384815617/518129317289394187/cq8d5o2m6i121.png?width=425&height=466
This warning was a few major patches too late for me, but luckily I have a couple bundles on buyback that have Greycats & other land vehicles with LTI.

Out of interest whats the Greycats top speed? I need to know if it's a realistic alternative to a Drake Dragonfly or a Tumbril RC
I'm pretty sure that the Greycats won't compete with either of those speed wise, but I'm sure that eventually there will be some drunken TESTies running around with them as bumper cars wherever they're at when the local space bar runs out of booze.

It’s a golf cart...
A space golf cart. :)

Can anyone else confirm that meling the $15 grey cat turns into UEC and not to RSI? I'm unable to melt until noon tomorrow.
I can confirm it. Around 3.0 - 3.1 I melted my Greycat that I'd purchased from the old shop along with a pair of Panther Laser Repeaters that glitched out & never returned to my inventory for my ships to use. I received the UEC value for them instead of store credit. While that might seem like a bad deal to some, I choose to look at it as a boost of a start in aUEC with each major patch / update when things are reset.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm pretty sure that the Greycats won't compete with either of those speed wise, but I'm sure that eventually there will be some drunken TESTies running around with them as bumper cars wherever they're at when the local space bar runs out of booze.
I'll grab one when Mrs.'BobFace isn't looking ;-)

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
That’s handy. I see the Merchantman is locked for any $0 CCUs. Are there any recommended 0 CCUs that are recommended to get with the available ships from days 1-3? Or any to look out for with the days coming up.

Also curious what owners’ opinions are of the 600i in terms or appearance and performance?
Buy a star g to bmm for $10?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Actually unless they changed it the Q&A I read said it had 3 beds a small kitchen and bathroom.
Yup you are right:
Does it have beds, a bathroom, and a kitchen?​
All variants have three beds for the main crew, as well as a small kitchen area and a single toilet/shower combo. The Hercules is not made for long comfortable journeys through space, so it doesn’t need anything more luxurious.

Forgot your password?