Another one of those "You have 3 ships thread"

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Ship 1 - Must be a Fighter of some kind
Ship 2 - Your 'daily driver' all rounder
Ship 3 - Must be a 'profession' ship. It could even be another fighter or capital

My 3 choices will be:
Ship 1: Vanguard sentinel: it has a good weapon load out and with a S5 mount you are abel to get preatty everithing you whant, plus the ECM, a turret and a swappabe pod make it adaptable to different role, like dropship, E-war, torpedo carrier and so on...

Ship 2: it will be, hands down, the Starrunner, cool loking, lots of option for game play, a good cargo...

Ship 3: this is more difficult since there are a lot of game play that are fun, but I'll like to have a base of operation a central hub, so I'll take the Endevour. Since the presence of lots of pod this can be used as a mobile base, hospital, explorer, and, basically, a freaking big mobile house.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ship 3: this is more difficult since there are a lot of game play that are fun, but I'll like to have a base of operation a central hub, so I'll take the Endevour. Since the presence of lots of pod this can be used as a mobile base, hospital, explorer, and, basically, a freaking big mobile house.
The Endeavour is an excellent choice!

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe

Super Hornet. Might say Sabre if I'd flown one, but I haven't.. Hornet rips through everything so far.

Freelancer MIS. Not a huge cargo but it's my go-to at the moment. Honourable mention: Maybe Cutlass Blue depending on how it handles on release.

Ship 3 - Must be a 'profession' ship. It could even be another fighter or capital

Starfarer Gemini. Makes money from the (lack of) air.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone

1. Sentinel - Flexible usage with the QT range provided by medium ships. Going to be places (likely a lot of them) which small fighters will need external support to reach.
2. DUR - again, anticipated range especially for scanning and exploring. Fuel refinery. Pretty close to the ultimate hermit ship.
3. Starrunner - Yet more scanning, with data running, a legit amount of cargo and long legs.

All three can be lived in over multiple play sessions, work slightly better with crew, provide more than one option for gameplay, can reach deep into the black, and are expected to be able to use the smallest wormholes.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Fighter: Starfarer Gemini
Daily: Starfarer Gemini
Profession: Starfarer Gemini

Fucking dare you to fight me that it doesn't fill all 3 roles!
Hehehe, I remember our original drive to get the Gemini waaaaaaay back when she went live. Totes awesome!

Edit: Jesus, was I sleep fucked when I wrote this? "Totes"?? Really Owl? Really. I need a beer.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Hehehe, I remember our original drive to get the Gemini waaaaaaay back when she went live. Totes awesome!

Edit: Jesus, was I sleep fucked when I wrote this? "Totes"?? Really Owl? Really. I need a beer.
Damn man, I remember all the buying/melting/buying crap we did back in the day to get whatever ships we could LTI. I still have a fair few buybacks that are nice. Couple of those Caterpillar+2Dragonfly packs. Lots of Prospectors. Even some Dragonflies still for LTI tokens.

For reals though, my list would probably be
Fighter: Starfarer Gemini (Have you seen those S4 guns in action in SC?!)
Daily: Carrack (Feb can't come soon enough!)
Profession: Endeavor (You all knew I meant to put this in!)

Edit:
"Totes"?? Really Owl?
Also, you're a basic bitch! haha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Damn man, I remember all the buying/melting/buying crap we did back in the day to get whatever ships we could LTI. I still have a fair few buybacks that are nice. Couple of those Caterpillar+2Dragonfly packs. Lots of Prospectors. Even some Dragonflies still for LTI tokens.
Hahhaa, man, we went fucking crazy trying to get the perfect fleet.
So.
Many.
Times.
Also, you're a basic bitch! haha
You're adorbs bae!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Hahahha. I missed you man!
I had lost my excitement for SC for a while, but recently got back in to screw around. Having a lot of fun and falling in love with my ships all over again! Can't wait til a few more features are put in such as fuel gathering and salvage, I think I'll lose my mine then. And the forever wait for the Endeavor.

We'll have to jump in game when you get back home. You can be my gunner and and man those 2xS5 guns on top of my Gemini. Thing is a beast!

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I have a starfarer, named The Murderers Child.

How does the Gemini differ? I know it's the difference of $40...?
Energy only guns. Infinite ammo. 4 x Size 4 M6A Laser Cannons vs. 4 x Size 4 Ballistic Cannons, and 2 x Size 5 CF-557 Laser Repeaters vs. 2 x Size 4 Ballistic Gattlings. Plus 9 x Size 3 missiles, stronger shields, faster engines (incl. QD) and green matte UEE paint job.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Energy only guns. Infinite ammo. 4 x Size 4 M6A Laser Cannons vs. 4 x Size 4 Ballistic Cannons, and 2 x Size 5 CF-557 Laser Repeaters vs. 2 x Size 4 Ballistic Gattlings. Plus 9 x Size 3 missiles, stronger shields, faster engines (incl. QD) and green matte UEE paint job.
Many thanks, i'll have to have a think about that next November :)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have a starfarer, named The Murderers Child.

How does the Gemini differ? I know it's the difference of $40...?
What he said, but it's also supposed to have less cargo space (Not currently in game) but have the ability to change out the nose missiles for a scoop just like the standard to fill the same role. It also flies and turns like a brick, it is not a mobile ship. The best strat in combat I've found is to fly away from target around 300-500 speed, decouple, and flip around so they chase you. Keeps them in the sights of guns at all times. Not really an issue with 3 turret gunners, but I haven't had that opportunity yet. The Gemini is also supposed to have thicker armor, which now equates to higher ship HP, but when implemented will reduce weapon penetration and protect better.

I think it's a better ship in almost every way. Except the missiles are bugged in 3.8 and there's no missile pod on the front.

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
Fighter: Gladius Valiant - I love the Gladius...It's so bad.
Daily Driver: 315p - My favorite ship for just getting around in style, and it can carry a bit of cargo. I'm hoping that tractor beam ends up being useful.
Profession: Endeavor Hope - To keep my friends and org mates alive and well.

Forgot your password?