Another thread about Sticks

Are you interested in an expensive joystick option with both left and right handed models?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No waaaay dude!

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • T16000 M is the god stick. No use getting anything else.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Already invested into a Warthog and the only other stick I need is another Warthog.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Blind Owl likes this

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I like things to match, ha!
That is why I'm still waiting for the left-hand conversion kit from Okona. Once I found his thread, Iset a price alarm on the Warthog stick. Normal it cost about Euro 200, I set the alarm at 150 and when the alarm was set off I didn't hesitate. I even addapted to the left sided thumb button which is pushing into my left hand palm.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
That is why I'm still waiting for the left-hand conversion kit from Okona. Once I found his thread, Iset a price alarm on the Warthog stick. Normal it cost about Euro 200, I set the alarm at 150 and when the alarm was set off I didn't hesitate. I even addapted to the left sided thumb button which is pushing into my left hand palm.
So is that 200 euros plus the cost of the Warthog or is it 200 euros including the warthog?

If it's 200 euros plus the cost of the warthog, then 2 warthogs (I find them for $270 each) plus 200 euros ($234 according to Google) comes out to be about $775. Of course you would have only paid $175 for yours since you got it for cheaper, making the total come out to be $715. 2 of the Virpil sticks with the bases comes out to $680.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-HOTAS-Warthog-Flight-Stick/dp/B00CBVHJ00/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3CZNKGAZNSDE5E61S30J

Now if it's 200 euros for the stick and the conversion, then that's a hell of a deal!

Since you already had the Warthogs, then sticking with the same sticks makes sense. Though the left hand grip is only 160 euros and it fits in the warthog base. But if you did that, nothing would match and it you are like me, that is a terrible feeling to have. I think you made the right choice.

I think that getting the Virpil sticks only works for people who want that left handed stick and don't want to wait for one through Okona or for people who don't have a Warthog to begin with. It definitely looks like a competitive stick, but the only sticks I have to compare it to are the T16,000 m and the CH sticks. I've never touched a Warthog before, so I really can't say how they are, nor have I ever touched a Virpil stick.

I already ordered my Virpil sticks. I'll probably have them in 3-4 weeks and I'll use them for a while before making a review, though I only have cheaper sticks to compare them to.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So is that 200 euros plus the cost of the Warthog or is it 200 euros including the warthog?

If it's 200 euros plus the cost of the warthog, then 2 warthogs (I find them for $270 each) plus 200 euros ($234 according to Google) comes out to be about $775. Of course you would have only paid $175 for yours since you got it for cheaper, making the total come out to be $715. 2 of the Virpil sticks with the bases comes out to $680.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-HOTAS-Warthog-Flight-Stick/dp/B00CBVHJ00/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3CZNKGAZNSDE5E61S30J

Now if it's 200 euros for the stick and the conversion, then that's a hell of a deal!

Since you already had the Warthogs, then sticking with the same sticks makes sense. Though the left hand grip is only 160 euros and it fits in the warthog base. But if you did that, nothing would match and it you are like me, that is a terrible feeling to have. I think you made the right choice.

I think that getting the Virpil sticks only works for people who want that left handed stick and don't want to wait for one through Okona or for people who don't have a Warthog to begin with. It definitely looks like a competitive stick, but the only sticks I have to compare it to are the T16,000 m and the CH sticks. I've never touched a Warthog before, so I really can't say how they are, nor have I ever touched a Virpil stick.

I already ordered my Virpil sticks. I'll probably have them in 3-4 weeks and I'll use them for a while before making a review, though I only have cheaper sticks to compare them to.
A single Warthog Stick normally cost €200, I got it for €150. The Warthog HOTAS costs €300. That is €450 for the 2 sticks and throttle. A conversion kit would cost approximately $150 plus shipping. Together maybe €600.
One complete Mongoose with base costs €290, €580 for 2, compared to 2 Warthog sticks plus conversion for €450.
I must admit that the Mongoose base is much better then the Warthog base, so maybe somewhere in the future.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
A single Warthog Stick normally cost €200, I got it for €150. The Warthog HOTAS costs €300. That is €450 for the 2 sticks and throttle. A conversion kit would cost approximately $150 plus shipping. Together maybe €600.
One complete Mongoose with base costs €290, €580 for 2, compared to 2 Warthog sticks plus conversion for €450.
I must admit that the Mongoose base is much better then the Warthog base, so maybe somewhere in the future.
I don't understand how you find those warthogs for so cheap, ha.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I don't understand how you find those warthogs for so cheap, ha.
The HOTAS for €300 was just before the new line of TM sticks had to be released. Price drop on all existing sticks, and guess what, no high end new stick, so I got my Warthog HOTAS cheap :blush: Regular sticks are sold for 200 and Throttle for 250.
The single stick was easy, some firms want to get good reviews, so sometimes they just drop the price 50. Nobody will notice it, so then get a name for selling the stick cheap, but you must watch the price constantly..... or use a price alarm :joy:, set your wish price and react fast.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
The HOTAS for €300 was just before the new line of TM sticks had to be released. Price drop on all existing sticks, and guess what, no high end new stick, so I got my Warthog HOTAS cheap :blush: Regular sticks are sold for 200 and Throttle for 250.
The single stick was easy, some firms want to get good reviews, so sometimes they just drop the price 50. Nobody will notice it, so then get a name for selling the stick cheap, but you must watch the price constantly..... or use a price alarm :joy:, set your wish price and react fast.
That was a smart move.

Reactions: Blind Owl

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That was a smart move.
lol, I was discussing some PC hardware with a PC-Lunatic colleague, when I received a mail... wait a sec.... done. donor stick for the left-hand was arranged. My crazy colleague looked a little bit dazzled, 150 bucks for a stick??? Yeah, why not, it's what I do, better spend a few bucks extra and enjoy it then save some money and be pissed

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
lol, I was discussing some PC hardware with a PC-Lunatic colleague, when I received a mail... wait a sec.... done. donor stick for the left-hand was arranged. My crazy colleague looked a little bit dazzled, 150 bucks for a stick??? Yeah, why not, it's what I do, better spend a few bucks extra and enjoy it then save some money and be pissed
I look at things for how much time I spend with them and the more time I spend, the better it should be.

I use my bed every night for at least 6 hours, 8 if I'm lucky. So I invested in a good bed. I wear my clothes every day for 18 or so hours, so I invested in some nice clothes.

I obsess over Star Citizen at least 6 hours a day, though I visit the PU less thannan hour a month due to the game not being finished. I'd say that anything to make my game experience more fun is worth the investment since I already spend so much time playing the game.

Once it releases, I'm going to build a new PC and get a Vive to complete my gaming experience.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I obsess over Star Citizen at least 6 hours a day, though I visit the PU less thannan hour a month due to the game not being finished. I'd say that anything to make my game experience more fun is worth the investment since I already spend so much time playing the game.
I don't manage to spend 6 hours a day, little kids, you know, they also need some attention and I also can't neglect my wife, but yes, every spend dollar was a good spend dollar.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@marcsand2, How do you set a price alarm?
This is me, to a T, haha.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I don't manage to spend 6 hours a day, little kids, you know, they also need some attention and I also can't neglect my wife, but yes, every spend dollar was a good spend dollar.
I include time on the forums as time spent obsessing, ha. I have not started a family yet. I'm still looking for someone to give my last name to.

@marcsand2, How do you set a price alarm?

This is me, to a T, haha.
Great minds think alike.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
And fools seldom differ, haha
Well, you're a dad and I'm still hunting for my mrs. I'd say that's different enough. Not everyone can get a hot nurse :P

I bet that really comes in handy with raising the little wolf.... not that it matters as much with your free healthcare. I get to pay $180 a month for the privilege to only habe a $3000 deductable.

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
I'm just interested in a dual stick setup in general that doesn't cause me to sell my daughter off to a wealthy landowner. Here I am with hundreds of dollars of e-ships and no sticks to jostle.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, you're a dad and I'm still hunting for my mrs. I'd say that's different enough. Not everyone can get a hot nurse :P
Meh, I wouldn't sweat it. It took me many years to get found by the right lady and more than a few missteps. We met when I was 32. I'd already had my practice marriage/divorce at that point.
I bet that really comes in handy with raising the little wolf.... not that it matters as much with your free healthcare. I get to pay $180 a month for the privilege to only habe a $3000 deductable.
Jeeeeesus. $180 for a $3000 deductible? That's . . .wow.
Yeah, it is very handy having a nurse on hand. Little to no compassion for me though. Usually she just laughs at my injuries and calls me an idiot. Which, truthfully, I probably deserve, haha.
It is a feature of one website i use, price alert. You must register, give an email and everything works perfect.
Well I'll just have to google that then. Thank you Marc.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Meh, I wouldn't sweat it. It took me many years to get found by the right lady and more than a few missteps. We met when I was 32. I'd already had my practice marriage/divorce at that point.

Jeeeeesus. $180 for a $3000 deductible? That's . . .wow.
Yeah, it is very handy having a nurse on hand. Little to no compassion for me though. Usually she just laughs at my injuries and calls me an idiot. Which, truthfully, I probably deserve, haha.

Well I'll just have to google that then. Thank you Marc.
Well, you are a soldier class and means that you can tank more than the average person. Just rub some dirt on your wounds to heal them.

Forgot your password?