Any idea if/when we will be able to get a Polaris corvette?

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
TL;DR: I think I found my one true love when it comes to ships, can't wait to captain one. Any idea when that'll happen? (since this is a UEES ship, not sure if we can buy it or not)

After multiple "attempts" at dogfights, I think I've got no future as a fighter, I've always preferred bigger ships anyways. And since I am guessing the bigger the ship the higher the price, I've been looking at something to match my interests and I think the UEES Polaris is exactly what I'm looking for.

A corvette class ship, with room for one fighter/light bomber/support ship (probably for scouting), a healthy sized missile/torpedo stock, and several manned turrets. Basically it can be a support ship for a fleet, or carry out small raids on it's own. And that the curves on that beauty... *zones out*

Anyway, What are the odds we can have a ship like that among our personal collection? if there is a ship I'm willing to put money on, it's this one.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You can have the polaris in your collection now if you find someone that sell it or wait for a sale again, many already have it and it is almost done..... almost...

it will be finished SOON :tm:

But...
Think your guess is as good as anyone else when that will be :smile:

I know it's SOON :tm:

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...A corvette class ship... it can be a support ship for a fleet, or carry out small raids on it's own...
you may have it backwards

not sure if it can defend itself against torpedo ships

to me it looks like a ship that requires a fleet for support

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
you may have it backwards

not sure if it can defend itself against torpedo ships

to me it looks like a ship that requires a fleet for support
I think it has the usual CM, but I didn't say it was invincible lol, I'm sure bombers and such will have the advantage.

And I said it might be able to do raids, not ambush enemy fleet on it's own. But I'm no pro on navy tactics, I'd be happy to get some advice from others over a cold one :beers:.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I think it has the usual CM, but I didn't say it was invincible lol, I'm sure bombers and such will have the advantage.

And I said it might be able to do raids, not ambush enemy fleet on it's own. But I'm no pro on navy tactics, I'd be happy to get some advice from others over a cold one :beers:.
From what I understand, Polaris is a torpedo boat, meant to dish hate on bigger ships, but, be weaker to medium-small ships. Hammer head would be good to help protect the Polaris. It's ok. I will keep you safe

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
All you need to do is eat baked beans for a month and you should be able to get your polaris!

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
From what I understand, Polaris is a torpedo boat, meant to dish hate on bigger ships, but, be weaker to medium-small ships. Hammer head would be good to help protect the Polaris. It's ok. I will keep you safe
That is so redundant. Why a ship almost impervious to fighters would need to be defended against fighters?

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
There are players with Polaris in their buyback lists. If you trust enough you could purchase one LTI from them.

I have one that I think I am going not to keep, but I have to pay 21% taxes so I can not give the same low price other players could.

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
There are players with Polaris in their buyback lists. If you trust enough you could purchase one LTI from them.

I have one that I think I am going not to keep, but I have to pay 21% taxes so I can not give the same low price other players could.
Well as I said, I don't think I'm going to buy any ship just to have it in my list without being able to fly it :D so I'll be buying it for sure, just need an ETA for when to actually be able to fly it

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
That is so redundant. Why a ship almost impervious to fighters would need to be defended against fighters?
Well fighters can still soften up your shields to make you an easier target for their bigger allies. But what you really need to watch out for are bombers. Stuff like Gladiators and Retaliators will screw you over. Though the Tali is big enough that you should be able to take it down alone.

Forgot your password?