Anybody else excited about the gameplay options Land Claims could open?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'd assume that buildings will be armored to make this tricky not to mention you'll be able to have AA turrets and drones to defend as well as whatever response UEE sends.

People need to put behind them the idea that you'll be able to just blow up whatever or whoever they want in this game going forward.
Bombs and missiles are going to be pricey. Getting blown up by AA defences is going to be pricey and time consuming.

Of course if you have unlimited funds and greifing people is really important to you then you may be able to drop bombs on people for a while until you get bored.

There is going to be risk and reward to your actions.
Thor Shots are not expensive. They amount to dropping a I-Beam into a gravity well. Comparatively a Nuke is a small boom. LOL.

Heck, we have tractor beams that move asteroids.

Just throw a rock.

Reactions: Passeeo

Heinlein

Commander
May 28, 2017
RSI Handle
RoadTrip
I think its an awesome idea. Don't understand why so many are salty over the subject. You don't have to buy it if you don't want. You can always squat and claim land.

Heinlein

Commander
May 28, 2017
RSI Handle
RoadTrip
So if every test member/affiliate got a 4x4 or 16 square kilometer plot or an 8x8 or 64 square km plot how big of a dent could we make in one of these moons? I can't remember where to look to find how many Test members and affiliates there are.

How many square kilometers are there on some of these planetary bodies?

Montoya may have some fun playing around with these numbers on one of his videos. Keep em coming ;-)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So if every member currently in Test bought an 8X8 parcel, it would come in just under 1 million sq Km. That's a lot of territory, but just for example, it would require something a little under 38 Test Squadrons to just about cover the surface of Earth's moon.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
15593 members as of right now. Rounding to an even 15000 for easier math.

15k x 64 km² = 960,000 km². Just rounding to 1 million because some people will get more than one 8x8 plot, some will get less.

For reference, Texas is 695,662 km². TESTas? Testxas? IDK, someone think of a pun.

So to get our own moon we would need about 38 8x8 plots per TEST person. A bit unreasonable, but a big asteroid the size of Alaska is totally doable.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
15593 members as of right now. Rounding to an even 15000 for easier math.

15k x 64 km² = 960,000 km². Just rounding to 1 million because some people will get more than one 8x8 plot, some will get less.

For reference, Texas is 695,662 km². TESTas? Testxas? IDK, someone think of a pun.

So to get our own moon we would need about 38 8x8 plots per TEST person. A bit unreasonable, but a big asteroid the size of Alaska is totally doable.
TEST moon sounds awesome. Prob have rivers of beer flowing everywhere.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thor Shots are not expensive. They amount to dropping a I-Beam into a gravity well. Comparatively a Nuke is a small boom. LOL.

Heck, we have tractor beams that move asteroids.

Just throw a rock.
Asteroid bases have no gravity well. Also, if a ground base has enough power (the Endeavor is getting a particle accelerator so there should be generators powerful enough) and artificial gravity and tractor beams exist in the game projectile weapons may have a hard time making it near enough to a base.

"Sir, there is a glowing in the sky directly above us! I think we are under attack!"
"Hmmm, better not risk it, has the base defense anti-grav activated?"
*Antigrav hums in the background, starting off loud but growing quieter as it slows the falling object*
"Yes Sir, automatically. have you got your binoculars? What is it?!"
*SIr looks*
"Heh, it's just another Tungsten I-beam, it'll be those practical jokers from four plots over wanting our water source. Add it to the others they've sent, we'll make an armored out-house to replace the brick one that fell over last week. Double our price for water but just to them, okay?"

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
So... this is going to be how it works... We're going to pull in the hammer heads in and blow up any structures... then BO and BS (yes we have a stinky leadership) are going to send in the troops... and were going strip mine everything. then we'll leave... you know, like the dudes stealing your hub caps on your car (just enough to piss everyone off)... in and out. Mate. ARGH...
I will bring my hammer head for this, sounds epic. Park a group of heads above the base, blast it, have the heads full of troops, get boots on the ground, steal and mine resources, then be nice and give them back their resourceless land;) ha ha. So excited for stuff like this. Make money!

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
The question is what is that land worth?

A 4x4 piece of land laying above an extremely rare resource is way better than 1600km² of nothing but dust.
Very true. Did some people in our player group have the opportunity to get some land claims? I tried to buy one buy it said they are not available

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Yeah but why buy a moon, when we can just take it?
Good point, and I am sure we will take many moons. If we own something though, then when someone does something to our land, we can just sit there and wait for them to become a criminal and take them in and claim their bounty;) jk jk. Lots of moon stealing to be had though! Shall be fun

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah but why buy a moon, when we can just take it?
It's the difference between buying a cheezeburger and making an I can haz Cheezeburger meme.

You buy a cheezeburger and someone takes it, you are morally justified in owning your cheezeburger and can take it back slapslapslap and the people behind the counter be like give him his cheezeburger back he bought it you are law brakingz.

But you 'aint got jack making a meme that's been made before steal steal I make this meme itz mine now - anyone else just come and take off you and say "hey, I haz Cheezeburger" and yous like hey dat mine and they say well no it 'aint because you should know your meme, cheezeburger it was invented 2007. Dats like 10 years old. Dacade meme. You make noffin you haz noffin you spend noffin only thing you got is time waste.

i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

So yeah peeps likely help get yr moonie back if it stolen off you when you buy. If you no buy? they probs be trying to take it off you.

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
It's the difference between buying a cheezeburger and making an I can haz Cheezeburger meme.

You buy a cheezeburger and someone takes it, you are morally justified in owning your cheezeburger and can take it back slapslapslap and the people behind the counter be like give him his cheezeburger back he bought it you are law brakingz.

But you 'aint got jack making a meme that's been made before steal steal I make this meme itz mine now - anyone else just come and take off you and say "hey, I haz Cheezeburger" and yous like hey dat mine and they say well no it 'aint because you should know your meme, cheezeburger it was invented 2007. Dats like 10 years old. Dacade meme. You make noffin you haz noffin you spend noffin only thing you got is time waste.

View attachment 8319

So yeah peeps likely help get yr moonie back if it stolen off you when you buy. If you no buy? they probs be trying to take it off you.

Sorry, i spent 5 seconds trying to read that then i got a migraine. :P

Forgot your password?