Anybody experiencing technical issues with this forum?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Already reported on discord but I will list my experiences here in case others have seen similar issues.

Sometimes the images disappear off the site. It happens at least once every two weeks or so.

Usually if I shift+reload it gets fixed, which is annoying but at least it works.

A few days ago the forum was completely jacked though. Not only were the images all missing/broken, but it was also not possible to reply to threads or start new threads. Shift+reload food not fix that error. It was just broken for a while.

I suspect that the broken form was due to other critical assets not loading but I didn't fully diagnose what was failing.

Last edited:

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
A few months back we switched to a different CDN, some images and links were broken for a day or two, but then returned to normal.

However, I am aware of a few individuals still having trouble seeing some images or clicking on some links.

If you are having any of these issues, please let us know by taking a screenshot, tell us what browser, OS and any possible ad blockers or antivirus you may be running.

Then gift me your Idris.

That last part is unrelated.
Just about everyday :D Seung didn't believe me :P

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
This image is common on the forum for me almost everyday for about the last month. Also since then I have also been having issues of it not letting me reply to posts in a thread. I have the whole site whitelisted and even all blockers disabled for the domain. Though I can say normally clearing DNS and sockets in chrome clears it up. Put this chrome://net-internals/#dns into chrome if you are having trouble and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Attachments

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
This image is common on the forum for me almost everyday for about the last month. Also since then I have also been having issues of it not letting me reply to posts in a thread. I have the whole site whitelisted and even all blockers disabled for the domain. Though I can say normally clearing DNS and sockets in chrome clears it up. Put this chrome://net-internals/#dns into chrome if you are having trouble and you should be able to figure it out from there.
Yep, I often see that.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
The only trouble I have that the browser sometimes crashes while loading the website. This is *only* on mobile with chrome

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
The only trouble I have that the browser sometimes crashes while loading the website. This is *only* on mobile with chrome
Yes, same thing has been happening to me for years.

Always using the latest Android+Chrome. No other site causes chrome to crash, but this forum makes it crash almost daily.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I've been having issues with it from time to time. Mostly when its not working most of the javascript and images are failing to load with a 403 and 404 error.

In fact just a few minutes ago it was failing to load at 11:30 PTD (19:30 GMT) so I was able to get some wonderful screen shots.

Web site is missing its normal charm.
Test1.jpg
Even attempting to like something doesn't work correctly.
Test3.jpg

Don't even think about shit posting its no longer taking any of that.
test2.jpg

Want to see whats really happening. In Chrome press F12 to get into developer mode and see all the wonderful errors. Most of them are 403 and some are 404.

Test4.jpg

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
For me it seems to crash google crome app on my phn. Yet works fine on pc. This version not phn friendly for me

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I've been having issues with it from time to time. Mostly when its not working most of the javascript and images are failing to load with a 403 and 404 error.

In fact just a few minutes ago it was failing to load at 11:30 PTD (19:30 GMT) so I was able to get some wonderful screen shots.

Web site is missing its normal charm.
View attachment 9191
Even attempting to like something doesn't work correctly.
View attachment 9192

Don't even think about shit posting its no longer taking any of that.
View attachment 9193

Want to see whats really happening. In Chrome press F12 to get into developer mode and see all the wonderful errors. Most of them are 403 and some are 404.

View attachment 9194
yep same thing :D and its funny because what you linked is broken when having the issue so I can't see it unless I open them in another page

Forgot your password?