Anyone else keeping an eye on Chronicles of Elyria?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I plan to be a young courier, dart between house to house, delivering packages and romantic notes. Yes milord! At once milady!
Possibly I'll hook up with a Lady in Waiting. OH YES YES MILADY OH YEEEEEEESSSSS
Be careful or that "lady" in waiting may have a surprise on the other end of that chat box. Could be that lady in waiting is ME!

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I'd be interested in this if I had the resources to commit to anything else right now, but now that my "adulting" has set in in real life, I'm a bit more wary of backing for games now. I'll probably wait til it comes out to see how it does, but I love the premise of it. You grow, you learn, etc.

Reactions: Murderer

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Hey guys, so I was speaking with some of the staff members of Chronicles of Elyria asking if they ever planned to give backers of the game codes to give to friends to try it. They were unsure, however this is the response from one of the devs:

"Hey Arrangingstars -- There are ways to get free copies of the game.

Right now, the cheapest way is through Kickstarter at the limited $25 level

But -- If you refer enough people and earn enough IP, you could use IP to purchase a copy of the game

Your friends with IP should be able to assist that way as well.

But, considering the game won't come out for some time -- I would think your best bet might just be to wait and pre-order or do a PayPal package later."

So this is definitely something to keep in mind for other TESTies who haven't backed yet, but would like to have the game eventually if they can't afford it! :)

I also got word from the Devs, namely BicycleWalrus, that it would mean a TON to them if you subscribe to their YouTube channel, it helps them a lot! Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/dm21gaming

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Definitely check out that YouTube channel. I'm liking what I'm reading so far. I hope I can balance SC and CoE as they both are amazing games! Maybe I'll have more free time in a few years when they come out heh.

Btw, my friend code is 85889A if you wish to use mine to sign up.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I already backed it on Kickstarter looks amazing!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I already backed it and am attempting to get together people for a "Dark Brotherhood" type gang.

Shucks. I don't get paid until next Wednesday
They will continue current Kickstarter tiers for one month on their website for PayPal users as some Europeans don't have credit cards to use KS. So you have time! Lowest tier is $30.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
If they're making another MmoRPG with unique ideas, can they please, PLEASE develop the netcode to be more server-authoritative so that you don't have to deal with cuntwagons cheating in them?

I mean, really. The only companies that seem to have gotten it right is Blizzard, SOE/Verant, and Square Enix.

It's next to impossible to cheat in their games, and yet Korean MMOs are full of sieves...

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
If they're making another MmoRPG with unique ideas, can they please, PLEASE develop the netcode to be more server-authoritative so that you don't have to deal with cuntwagons cheating in them?

I mean, really. The only companies that seem to have gotten it right is Blizzard, SOE/Verant, and Square Enix.

It's next to impossible to cheat in their games, and yet Korean MMOs are full of sieves...
This might interest you:
https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/7623-Soulbound-Studios-Partners-with-Improbable

Most if this is well beyond my technical understanding, but what I gather is this will focus on the game developers to focus on creating the game mechanics and content without having to worry about creating a custom engine.

I get the sense that Soulbound has paid very close attention to Star Citizen and learned some key lessons.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'll just put my idea for my County here.

I'll be putting my County/town in the Snowy biome (up north?) and create a sort of nordic/viking society of tough, survivable, self-reliant people who welcome travellers. This is for two reasons, firstly we'll be a hardier people able to survive the harsh lands and get access to greater mines and possibly ruins of failed civilizations. Secondly, if we ever pissed someone off we'll be able to bunker down in our snowy fortress while they march through our rough land losing equipment, soldiers, and horses to the environment. A siege probably won't last long when they have to contend with freezing and starvation.

To the points of the actual town, I plan to have it be a haven for crafter and gatherers. Lots of buildings with open crafting stations available to anyone who wants to use it. Perhaps starting a school for people to learn together and better their craft and craft a blessing through research. Plenty of shops will line the main drag with taverns scattered around for socialization and getting out of the cold. Obviously we'll need alot of hunters and possibly some farms, but I'm not sure how the cold climate will affect growth.

Personally I plan to be an Alchemist and an Assassin. I would love to have a small group of professionals that operate in the town as normal townsfolk, but then gather for contracts in a hidden underground lair. (I'm hoping for tunneling!) This sort of "Dark Brotherhood" would take contracts to kill virtually anyone, Barons, Counts, Dukes, Kings, even lowly farmers if needed. I would hope to add all of this group into the same family to gain the benefits, but if someone else pledged for a titled tier with custom name, we could create a new chapter of our Assassin's Guild to operate in different lands.

If you're interested let me know. Here or in PM. I know everyone's not interested in the darker aspects of games, but our town will definitely need those support classes and even Investigators! It would be nice if we could get all of Test together but may not be possible with how people have pledged tiers, but I would be willing to ally with any Test that create a different County and not accept contracts for them.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
I was able to secure a County during the Free Kingdom event, and have thus joined the Kingdom of Alesia. The event has spurred a tidal wave of recruitment and alliance making, and many Dutchies are reaching the soft cap for Counts. If we want to set up a Test Alliance, or just be neighbors, anyone with a County may want to pledge to a Duke soon. If interested, PM me and I will send you the discord link for the Kingdom.

Forgot your password?