Apex Legends found a way!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I just mentioned in my recent video how tough it is releasing a game when you are associated with EA.

The hate train makes it extremely difficult to have your game judged on its pure merits if you give EA haters, which is almost the entire gaming community, too long to pick apart every small thing they can find.

So how does one launch a game and not get destroyed if EA is your publisher?

Simple, you drop it on them unannounced and pay off the biggest Twitch streamers to play it!

The power of suggestion works.

If Ninja was NOT involved and simply said "Apex? Is that an EA game? Yeah fuck that shit..." That would be the end of it before it even began.

But if Ninja is playing the game and says its fun, then Dr Disrespect is giving it praise as he has 40,000 viewers, with no bitching about $18 skins and loot boxes, which there are, then guess what? You got yourself a solid launch!

Im downloading the game right now, going to give it a spin.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
By removing their own hype machine, EA can drop any game, and it would exceed expectations. Streamers focus on battle royale games because that is what sells right now, and Apex is a good battle royale game from what I've seen. So I'd expect Apex to be successful. Titanfall is a great franchise and could almost be considered the spiritual successor for Starsiege with the way they've developed the universe. I hope we see more games from the Titanfall universe like this, maybe something that RPG or hybrid/story shooter based like Titanfall 2's campaign.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I just mentioned in my recent video how tough it is releasing a game when you are associated with EA.

The hate train makes it extremely difficult to have your game judged on its pure merits if you give EA haters, which is almost the entire gaming community, too long to pick apart every small thing they can find.

So how does one launch a game and not get destroyed if EA is your publisher?

Simple, you drop it on them unannounced and pay off the biggest Twitch streamers to play it!

The power of suggestion works.

If Ninja was NOT involved and simply said "Apex? Is that an EA game? Yeah fuck that shit..." That would be the end of it before it even began.

But if Ninja is playing the game and says its fun, then Dr Disrespect is giving it praise as he has 40,000 viewers, with no bitching about $18 skins and loot boxes, which there are, then guess what? You got yourself a solid launch!

Im downloading the game right now, going to give it a spin.
Interesting.

The next launch will be worth watching too - Will they take exactly the same route letting the game speak for itself, or does the publisher now have grounds to go back to the old Hype Machine and when the streamers pan it (even if it is warrented) say "Gawww, pissy we aren't paying you to play this one?" and destroy what credibility YouTubers/streamers had in the first place...?

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
They have said that there is another game coming later this year but it is not Titanfall 3, just that it is set in the Titanfall universe.

Story from Eurogamer
ya, I am tracking that. but its the universe that I like. not the main "Titanfall" games, so as long as it's a good game I will be there.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Dling now. I effing loved the combat in Titanfall 1 and 2. Wall running etc. If this game has any of that kinda movement it'll be worth playing for that alone.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
I was watching a video that i can't find now, a guy was talking about this game i think. Basically they invite all the streamers and youtubers, to fancy event, all expenses paid, wine and dine, they get to play and record the game early, but the trick is, if it's not positive coverage, the NDA you, and try to shame you, and you are not getting invited back to those fancy game reveals.
They guy liked the game, but had some criticism as well, they would not let him post the video.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Yet another battle royale game (cause what game isnt, anymore?). Hard pass on my end, just not my playstyle. Glad to see not everything gets a bad wrap from a specific publisher though.
Exactly how I feel as well, I can't stand battle royale games its not really that difficult to please the arena style crowd these days, give them solid characters and classes, decent atmosphere to play in, good weapons and customization and the game sells itself imo, its way harder to make a game like red dead 2 where you have 65 hrs of compelling story line, wide open game play with tons of shit to do and great game play. Just like Overwatch ya sure its a decent game but seriously how are these games becoming e-sports monsters? Simple that gaming community loves competitive game play, 5v5 these days is prolly one of the most popular activities in the gaming community the game could be mediocre but if the 5v5 is decent it will sell like hotcakes.

I am glad people like just not my cup of tea.

Forgot your password?