As a former Mustang owner, I say that this is NOT a Mustang!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Like somebody said above, Porsche makes a SUV, but its still a Porsche.
That things is not a Porche is a like a chibi version of a Porche with a terrible construction quality (for the brand standard) that exist for the only reason to please pople with the wallet biggert then their brain... If you whant a Porche becouse you want a sport car then buy a actual Porche:

if you want a confort car then buy a BMW series 4...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That things is not a Porche is a like a chibi version of a Porche with a terrible construction quality (for the brand standard) that exist for the only reason to please pople with the wallet biggert then their brain... If you whant a Porche becouse you want a sport car then buy a actual Porche:

if you want a confort car then buy a BMW series 4...
Truth!
The first Cayenne they did was basicly a VW Tuareg dressed up in a fat bouncers budget tux. It was even made on the same assembly line mixed in with the tuaregs. Both had disastrously bad reliability and quality issues. I even contemplated picking up a cayenne when shopping for the family suv cos they were cheaper than the old ass X3 I chose in the end lol
No regrets, I would have had to sell my home to keep one of those running...
Man, both me and my friend would really love to have a V8 stang for the weekends, but they cost a bajillion euros here even when used, compared to other fun cars like bimmers.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Hmmmmmm,..Mustang?...Hybrid SUV with lots of interesting tech,..Yeah :wut:
However they could have kept an electric theme and taken their Lightning badge and applied that in my humble opinion because its very truckish or SUV if you prefer:o7:.

Reactions: Bambooza

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
So it reminds me of the BMW X6 but electric and hopefully with a cool interior... I'm not a fan of Tesla's interiors. I haven't watched the whole video because I'm at work, but are they planning an actual Mustang Coupe EV as well or is this just the SUV?

EDIT: Never mind the interior is ugly as hell...

Capture.JPG

Somebody please explain to me why every company... Tesla, BMW, Nissan, Toyota and now Ford... have to make the interiors of their electric cars not just ugly, but horrifically ugly.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Incoming nerd rant as I didn't have the time to compose this in my previous post:

Its Interesting the way that Ford sells the vehicle as a Mustang. They'd actually thought of aftermarket and exchangeable parts? Its a bit early to see just how much they do.. but this is quite reassuring especially to those in the aftermarket. I'll still have a tough time calling a SUV a Mustang like the rest of you... but they put some in depth thought into the vehicle. However, This is the Mustang Mach-E, Not the Mustang. As long as that distinct differentiation is made, honestly I'll be ok with it. They Interviewed the man who launched the Mustang in Europe about their design process and thoughts behind it and address that particular concern. Its interesting. It makes sense.

In a way, outside of marketing, there is a reason in the US for it to be a 4-seater and Electric. US EPA standards get tougher and tougher as the years go by which restricts what you can put in a car. Right now as we speak, Ferrari had been in fights with local governments and the EU as a whole over its V12's as they are a target of inefficiency even per passenger. Of course Ferrari is fighting that tooth an nail. Here in the US, we see something similar. Much of this is based on carbon emissions per passenger. Obviously, we look at they Coyote 5-liter or the Voodoo 5.2-liter and can point out... hey.. these are incredibly inefficient for 2 people.. and so EPA cracks down. How automakers get around that is they sell incredibly cheap and efficient compacts or they sell Hybrid options in their fleets so the range of products fall into the EPA's guidelines. If they dont, they pay huge taxes on these vehicles which then get passed along in the cost of the vehicle to consumers. (Ask Ford why they maintain the 2 unusable seats in the back of the Mustang and charge people for rear-seat delete options in the GT350/R from factory). Ford's Idea here: Lets take an Electric vehicle, give it 5 seats (4 people and an arm, lets be honest...) and give it 0-emissions. What this does is it offsets the EPA restrictions for future requirements so that Ford can keep providing the 5.0 and the 5.2 and at reasonable costs as the biggest reason people flock to the mustang is its affordability. Cheap Horses.

Now. On that topic. Cheap Horses. This new vehicle Is electric. It definitely doesn't put out those sweet notes I get from my Coyote right now. As a Mustang owner, this biggest thing I want in a car when I sit down is the ability to launch it. Whether that be at the Track, at the Dragstrip, or... at the legal risk of our choosing.. The Current Mustang GT creates torque roughly 420 ft/lb @ 4,600rpm. The Mach-E makes 800 ft/lb Without a torque curve. As the representative mentions below... that literally will send your eyeballs inward your face. Though you may not take this to the track or dragstrip (you definitely could...), that's mind-boggling while creating over 300 HP in the most basic model. The power is there.

Lastly.... the styling. For sure they used the 3-bar styling you see in every other Mustang. No matter how they dress this vehicle up, it will NEVER look like the original which is why its badge distinction is important. This will never replace the current coupe that exists today, will never meet the heritage that the coupe has. A Mustang Mach-E is not a Mustang. Its a Mustang Mach-E. Its a name and a badge that are distinctively different and the Mach-E pony is even different. No solid silver or black pony we see on the coupe.

The biggest gripe I have with the people I see out there vocally shaming this thing in social media platforms IE Twitter, Facebook are the people who compare the Mustang name to pony car. The pony car name was given to the Mustang based on its nature of a car.. how different it was from other cars being produced at its time. Mustang did not, however, originate from Pony car.. It originated from the P-51 Mustang. A common misconception I'm pleased to not have read here yet.

Anyway, thats my thoughts on the matter in full. It'll be interesting to see what Ford does from here for sure.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I have to confess, its growing on me. The more I look at it, the less angry I become.
That interior though... for the cost you could get a 3-4 year old BMW X5 or X6 with a V8 that'll make you giggle when you mash the gas petal.

EDIT: Sorry @Montoya is it called the "petrol" petal in Canada?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I have to confess, its growing on me. The more I look at it, the less angry I become.
It really is but I fear it would be disappointing without the roar of the engine. Then again Teslas S model thrill even without the roar of the engine is unmistakable.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
It really is but I fear it would be disappointing without the roar of the engine. Then again Teslas S model thrill even without the roar of the engine is unmistakable.
I got to test drive a P100d once, for a sedan that large, it corners like a car half its size. Turn on Ludicrous mode and the acceleration will bring you close to blacking out.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I had a 93 LX 5.0 black/black my favorite, 96 GT was fun, 2001 GT heavily modded. This is not Mustang, its a crossover, find a new name don't wreck it. Also 43k to start? If they want to market hybrids and full electric to the middle class you better start making them affordable, the point of making electric and hybrid is so the masses will buy them and curb climate change, if only the upper middle class and rich can afford them are you really making a difference?

Reactions: StdDev and maynard

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
The only people I see driving new mustangs anymore are middle aged women. The older mustangs are something to be impressed by, this new marketing ploy... I mean it will attract more middle aged women.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, it 'aint a Model T and that's what the Electric sector needs right now.

Affordable for the everyman to be able to get into and go the 10 or so miles to work and 10 or so miles home again and charge it on the weekends, keeping an oil burner on the drive for when you need to go further afield or just using the train. Until the batteries and motors can give you 400/600 miles a charge at minimum they are inferior to fast refule vehicles and won't be able to get a foothold on the market until that point, so stop pissing about making them luxurious and expensive and play to their strengths, and be mindful of their weaknesses at the moment and for the love of Christmas make some half way affordable.

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
First it was CNG it never really took off, some companies use it, now its electric even my company (I am diesel mechanic) put in charging stations for electric like 2 years ago and not once have they been used lol. If they cant find a way to market this to the middle class it will never work period.

And what is with American companies ruining their brands? Last year the Blazer came out and its nothing like a Blazer, only 6 cyl options its not very off road capable it looks like a frigin Mazda mx-9 or whatever its called. Ford brings back Ranger only 4 cyl option again nothing like the old Ranger. I get the concept of fuel economy etc.... but if your going to restart a brand name or iconic name like Mustang, Ranger, Bronco, Blazer etc.... then at least try and maintain what made them iconic in the first place otherwise just make up a new name your just pissing people off at this point.

Forgot your password?