Atlas Defense Industries Exploited RSI Database and are liars

Chairman Meow

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Chabby
Thank you for taking the time to write all of this up, it cleared up a few questions I had as well as answered quite a few I never thought of to begin with. I wish ATLAS the best of luck in their future endeavors and hope their resentment is only temporary.

In other news, stocks for Antisqueaker's Pitchfork Emporium are now tanking, sell while you can!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Thank you for taking the time to write all of this up, it cleared up a few questions I had as well as answered quite a few I never thought of to begin with. I wish ATLAS the best of luck in their future endeavors and hope their resentment is only temporary.

In other news, stocks for Antisqueaker's Pitchfork Emporium are now tanking, sell while you can!
I got 3 likes out of it, moral victory!

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
TRUE!

Being up for a challenge Citizen404 decided to try figure out how the hell somebody managed to find his very secret username.

The normal forward facing APIs do not do it.

A webscrape of the forums could not do it.

There is no cache, no record, no google search that could do it.

After many hours of eating kimchi and drinking warm beer, he found the answer!
Superb detective work! I imagine both you and Seung attacking this issue in a cool, calculating logical manner, nailing all the key points with succinct, yet brutal efficiency:

Always unfortunate when fellow orgs do shady recruitment tactics to give themselves and edge, but even worse when they don't own up once caught red handed. In all seriousness I want to thank all the TEST mods and admins for the transparency in our organization. RussianJ helped me realize how much work you guys put in to keep this a successful, fun, and awesome org! :D

Reactions: Diehydra

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Some of the more interesting parts of chat caught my eye (we are 1337 DDOSers0?!?!?!?) Also was invited by their supreme leader JayC himself! I'm so honored!~

Reactions: chrizz and Diehydra

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
DDOS?

If anybody in TEST is found to be engaging in any kind of activity that disrupts another org in this manner, they will be swiftly ejected from the org and reported to CIG.
I think they're just using a cheap webhost, and the supposed DDOS happened last week on the 9th - so around the same time as the shitstorm over the vote-brigading email. I mean, the screengrab had their web URL in it, and there was an unusually high level of interest in ADI's behavior at the time.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
DDOS?

If anybody in TEST is found to be engaging in any kind of activity that disrupts another org in this manner, they will be swiftly ejected from the org and reported to CIG.
Its just a ADI line member spreading rumors methinks. That or the pissed off Reddit crowd went full pitchforks yesterday after the ADI vote manipulation stuff.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Its just a ADI line member spreading rumors methinks. That or the pissed off Reddit crowd went full pitchforks yesterday after the ADI vote manipulation stuff.
Look at the timestamps on the chat message. The DDOS didn't happen yesterday, it happened on the 9th.

Either way, your conclusion that either the pitchfork crowd or ADI line member spreading rumors are at fault for the "DDOS", is more likely here.

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
I think they're just using a cheap webhost, and the supposed DDOS happened last week on the 9th - so around the same time as the shitstorm over the vote-brigading email. I mean, the screengrab had their web URL in it, and there was an unusually high level of interest in ADI's behavior at the time.
The very idea that we could be DDOS'ing or Meta Gaming is almost ludicrous, it's simply not who we are.

In game shenanigans aside, we're just here to have fun and drink some beer/beverage of your choice.

Oh yerrrr!!!!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
The very idea that we could be DDOS'ing or Meta Gaming is almost ludicrous, it's simply not who we are.

In game shenanigans aside, we're just here to have fun and drink some beer/beverage of your choice.

Oh yerrrr!!!!

DDOSing is just another level of metagaming that is unacceptable, though it seems to be standard practice in EVE Online. Still doesn't make it okay, though.

Forgot your password?