Atlas Defense Industries requires members to earn certifications to fly their own ships!

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Hopefully this was just an oversight on their part and they made a mistake.

Because if not... Sad face.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
My prediction ADI wont last a year into live with its numbers. I really hate arm chair commandos who actually think they are in the military and require "certificates" to do things in a game. I honestly feel that the people who join communities like that are masochists.

Jenno180

Grand Admiral
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Jenno180
I think it would go something like this.

ADI: hey new recruits welcone to star citizen today we welcome you to ADI the worst organisation in the game where everything you do we judge hell you cant even fly you ship at all till we say you can but keep in mind we have no idea what we are doing.
Recruits: what we cant fly our own ships well lets all move to test squadron
ADI: no dont do that they dont have tests even though its called test squadron
Recruits: flying of to test.
ADI: ......shit we lost more people,whats wrong with us?

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I think it would go something like this.

ADI: hey new recruits welcone to star citizen today we welcome you to ADI the worst organisation in the game where everything you do we judge hell you cant even fly you ship at all till we say you can but keep in mind we have no idea what we are doing.
Recruits: what we cant fly our own ships well lets all move to test squadron
ADI: no dont do that they dont have tests even though its called test squadron
Recruits: flying of to test.
ADI: ......shit we lost more people,whats wrong with us?
I don't think they're smart enough to even think that way. :p

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Reading their application processes I just laughed because all we needed to join test was to pass the aroura game and have beer then the great shiny head of montoya says "Welcome to TEST, may your beer be cold and women (or men, we don't discriminate here at TEST) be warm." And the rest of us would just say " Welcome to TEST bars on the left!"

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
We need some kind of reward for leaving the really asinine orgs (ADI) and joining the most asinine org (TEST)! We could also start calling ADI "Abandon Defense Industries" or "Atlas Defector Industries".

We TESTies needs our own set of certs. I'll start:

For just 1,000 UEC I can grant any TEST member "Aurora Reiki Repair" certification. This certification is a hard requirement for our Crucible pilots and frankly, I wouldn't trust my Aurora's auras to any 2-bit back ally hack repairman anyway.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
From ADI's actual page:

ADI is a certificate-based organization. Members will be required to obtain a certificate for any and all gameplay roles in Star Citizen. This will ensure a level of quality and skill amongst the organization membership. You can rest assured that your fellow organization members will have your back and be qualified in their roles. Many of these check-rides will be fairly straight forward and easy to obtain, as they will consist primarily of the in-game tasks that you will already be performing. Others will require members to develop a level of proficiency and prowess, and reaching that level will require dedication and training to achieve. ADI will provide training material and regularly scheduled opportunities to allow members to grow and hone their skill set.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?