AtV --- The Shape of Derelict Ships

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
For ships inside of ships? No, I dont think anything of that sort was mentioned. I imagine you would have to haul your damaged bike to a repair shop and take it out of the cutty or hauler to repair it.
Noooo I meant if you find one.

I'm sure there was a mention of it in the past but not heard anything since.

I.e. Find a random ship broken down floating in space... put it back together get some welding on refuel it and yoink got yourself a new Hornet

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Noooo I meant if you find one.

I'm sure there was a mention of it in the past but not heard anything since.

I.e. Find a random ship broken down floating in space... put it back together get some welding on refuel it and yoink got yourself a new Hornet
Right, but regardless of ownership, I do not believe you will have the ability to repair/refuel any ship apart from the designated repair/refuel sites.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
(repairing and driving a crashed ship home) I'm sure there was a mention of it in the past but not heard anything since...
They did a video of it in the early days. It was a scripted event but they flew up to a damaged 'tali, EVA'd in through a blown-off turret, fixed it up and flew it home. They had to take some pirates out who turned up half way through who were other players... the pirates may have won the first engagement so they had to restart it if memory serves.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
They did a video of it in the early days. It was a scripted event but they flew up to a damaged 'tali, EVA'd in through a blown-off turret, fixed it up and flew it home. They had to take some pirates out who turned up half way through who were other players... the pirates may have won the first engagement so they had to restart it if memory serves.
i need to see this, sounds awesome

Reactions: Blind Owl

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
That Nox entering the Cutlass got me thinking from a technical standpoint.

What if your buddy is ridding the Nox at 0 SCM in the cargo of your Cutlass as you fly it down onto the surface of a moon? Does the game know that he's "safe" within the cargo hold or will he explode (because the whole Nox/Dragonfly cannot enter or leave atmosphere thing), then causing your Cutlass to explode in the process?

I sense some awesome sabotage opportunities.

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
That Nox entering the Cutlass got me thinking from a technical standpoint.

What if your buddy is ridding the Nox at 0 SCM in the cargo of your Cutlass as you fly it down onto the surface of a moon? Does the game know that he's "safe" within the cargo hold or will he explode (because the whole Nox/Dragonfly cannot enter or leave atmosphere thing), then causing your Cutlass to explode in the process?

I sense some awesome sabotage opportunities.
I think if something is not bolted down it will get thrown around inside ergo smashed to pieces. Probably would apply if you were floating in the back.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I can't believe that I am the first testie to point this out. WE HAVE BEER PHYSICS!
beer and hard liquor have different specific gravities

was this taken into account when building the sloshing effect?

inquiring minds want to know

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
Wow. That was cool, my one bit of feedback - when the camera panned past all of those windmills, why did NONE of them have it's full compliment of fan blades? If you have that many, please canabalise one to make as many complete as possible, it knocks the balance out and the spinning makes the windmill wobble otherwise...
We don't cannibalize. That's against regs. It's called a controlled substitution.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Forgot your password?