aUEC & Purchase Persistence

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I was reading this article. The 2nd last paragraph the guy mentioned it's possible we could get aUEC persistence as soon as 3.8. I just wondered if anyone know anything about this? Are there any sources this guy is getting this info from? Because the roadmap doesn't show this.

That would be real cool. People would actually play the game more regularly and take their missions more seriously.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You wont see any solid persistence as long as we're using aUEC (alpha test currency)

Sure they try have persistence and might work between a couple patches.

But there will be many more wipe between patches to come before persistence is a solid thing you can trust.

I would guess you wont see a solid persistence until we're closer to or in Beta and they might decide to stop using aUEC currency.

CHEERS! 🍻

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
People might take it more seriously initially. If they do this they will also have to consider cash sinks else wreck the economy and that's not so much fun with bugs.
Is there any point taking it seriously when it is a pre beta release game?

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
People might take it more seriously initially. If they do this they will also have to consider cash sinks else wreck the economy and that's not so much fun with bugs.
Is there any point taking it seriously when it is a pre beta release game?
the issue is for me at least is the low amount of money at the start. Because of this we grind to get credits and if we loose credits or credit value of something then we will get pissed off. I spent 5 hours in game yesterday and only made 7k because of bugs.

persistant credits isn’t needed if they gave more starter money. People wouldn’t take an al-ha as serious if they had more credits to start with. People would take loosing cargo because of a bug serious if there was more starter money.

when I say starter money I only mean for alpha while persistence is not a thing.

Aceofgods

Ensign
Oct 17, 2019
RSI Handle
Aceofgame
Are there any sources this guy is getting this info from? Because the roadmap doesn't show this.
Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17266-Star-Citizen-Monthly-Report-September-2019

Turbulent

Much of Turbulent’s September was dedicated to supporting the gameplay teams in the release of Alpha 3.7 and refining the new framework for upcoming deliveries.

The team began developing new services for progression persistence, inventory, and ledger. The goal is to provide a true progression layer independent of object state persistence, allowing players to keep their progress, ownership records, and currency across patches. Additionally, a reputation service is being worked with similar goals to persist affinity and antagonism between a player and game objects.

Support was also given to the expansion of VoIP features, which include multiple connections to the servers to permit a permanent proximity-based connection and a user-defined active channel to ensure players can always hear others around them.

Ongoing integration of the team service will allow the development of new lobby features in Arena Commander and Star Marine. This service provides the concept of ‘squads’, allowing players to communicate with their teammates outside of the gameplay environment. This will also enable chat and voice services inside those game modes.

On the web platform side, Turbulent supported the unveiling of the RSI Mantis and created the pages for the Ship Showdown.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17266-Star-Citizen-Monthly-Report-September-2019

Turbulent

Much of Turbulent’s September was dedicated to supporting the gameplay teams in the release of Alpha 3.7 and refining the new framework for upcoming deliveries.

The team began developing new services for progression persistence, inventory, and ledger. The goal is to provide a true progression layer independent of object state persistence, allowing players to keep their progress, ownership records, and currency across patches. Additionally, a reputation service is being worked with similar goals to persist affinity and antagonism between a player and game objects.

Support was also given to the expansion of VoIP features, which include multiple connections to the servers to permit a permanent proximity-based connection and a user-defined active channel to ensure players can always hear others around them.

Ongoing integration of the team service will allow the development of new lobby features in Arena Commander and Star Marine. This service provides the concept of ‘squads’, allowing players to communicate with their teammates outside of the gameplay environment. This will also enable chat and voice services inside those game modes.

On the web platform side, Turbulent supported the unveiling of the RSI Mantis and created the pages for the Ship Showdown.
Awesome, thanks for the reference!

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
There should be a tutorial that gives some credits to get started. They cannot give more credits to start because people have bought credits.
This is exactly why they won’t give any. Revenue took precedent.
Being able to buy currency should of been a no no imo in an alpha. Even in end game. But that’s just my thoughts and I know not everyone will share them.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Any sign of equipment insurance?

I have a certain Golden pistol I'd rather not loose forever.
How about some cargo insurance too? Be really nice if I could pay 5% or so of the gross cost of my cargo to not worry about losing it from some dumb server bug or my ship just disappearing into the void on a pad.

Not that I'm mad about losing an entire Caterpillar full of cargo because the game decided to make it spawn without any doors or engines rendering it inoperable Oh no, not mad at all.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm might sound a bit harsh and such here to some but that's not my intentions,
I hope to get a some true adult comments NOT some moral BS answer. then just move on.

I usually try to see things from the other side of the fence, not just from my side of the fence before I have a solid opinion of things.

Se some gamer's have problem with pre-bought cash or in game stuff and most of the time the biggest reason is they can't afford to spend that amount of cash that some others can.
Then it usually don't take long before that type of gamer start whining pay 2 win and all that BS.. cause they think it's unfair and shouldn't be allowed.

Example:
So if $10K or $100K was like pocket change for you, that you wouldn't be bothered twice if you dropped it or spent on some thing pointless.
wouldn't any of you buy in to what ever you want and is avail for the game to support it including some extra starting money or whatever you want or need...
As what you want or need is your choice, not something others have a right to decide for you just cause you got the cash and they don't, right.
---- it's very easy to be and sound moral and fair when your wallet have limits ----

This is not not like any other MMO you ever played, there is no goal here but the one you set your self, there is no end game...
You're end game is your own goal, set by you or where ever direction you want to go in the game.
So if you want to start with a millions of UEC or 2 UEC is your choice it does not effect any one else but you and how you can play.

There is no kingdom you you can concourse, there is no thrown to sit on here bu the one you create for your self.
Why there is no pay to win cause there is nothing to win no end goal, wining short end fights easier over others is not p2w period.
There will always be those that are superior to you, me and superior to those who are superior and so on and so forth...

That's how life works, some just can't deal with that and whine a lot about unfair this and that and make comment that sound very moral and fair.

Conclusion!
In short it's very easy to sound moral and fair, but if reason is based on one owns limitations to limit those with more fortune than your self.
it is nothing but a selfish ego statement and not very moral or fair at all.
It is not a question about balance.
There is no such thing as balance in the real world, that's a fantasy dream of those with less, that they soon forget once fortune hit them.

Moral and balance to me is..
I am happy for those with fortune, even if mine is not, I have no right to deprive them from their way to be happy, regardless if that is not my way of being happy.

CHEERS! 🍻

Fin print side note:
if you do comment this and not read it all, then your words don't mean nothing.

Last edited:

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
I'm might sound a bit harsh and such here to some but that's not my intentions,
I hope to get a some true adult comments NOT some moral BS answer. then just move on.

I usually try to see things from the other side of the fence, not just from my side of the fence before I have a solid opinion of things.

Se some gamer's have problem with pre-bought cash or in game stuff and most of the time the biggest reason is they can't afford to spend that amount of cash that some others can.
Then it usually don't take long before that type of gamer start whining pay 2 win and all that BS.. cause they think it's unfair and shouldn't be allowed.

Example:
So if $10K or $100K was like pocket change for you, that you wouldn't be bothered twice if you dropped it or spent on some thing pointless.
wouldn't any of you buy in to what ever you want and is avail for the game to support it including some extra starting money or whatever you want or need...
As what you want or need is your choice, not something others have a right to decide for you just cause you got the cash and they don't, right.
---- it's very easy to be and sound moral and fair when your wallet have limits ----

This is not not like any other MMO you ever played, there is no goal here but the one you set your self, there is no end game...
You're end game is your own goal, set buy you or where ever direction you want to go in the game.
So if you want to start with a millions of UEC or 2 UEC is your choice it does not effect any one else but you and how you can play.

There is no kingdom you you can concourse, there is no thrown to sit on here bu the one you create for your self.
Why there is no pay to win cause there is nothing to win no end goal, wining short end fights easier over others is not p2w period.
There will always be those that are superior to you, me and superior to those who are superior and so on and so forth...

That's how life works, some just can't deal with that and whine a lot about unfair this and that and make comment that sound very moral and fair.

Conclusion!
In short it's very easy to sound moral and fair, but if reason is based on one owns limitations to limit those with more fortune than your self.
it is nothing but a selfish ego statement and not very moral or fair at all.
It is not a question about balance.
There is no such thing as balance in the real world, that's a fantasy dream of those with less, that they soon forget once fortune hit them.

Moral and balance to me is..
I am happy for those with fortune, even if mine is not, I have no right to deprive them from their way to be happy, regardless if that is not my way of being happy.

CHEERS! 🍻

Fin print side note:
if you do comment this and not read it all, then your words don't mean nothing.
Not sure if this is solely aimed at me or partially see as it references some things off my post and the reaction to my post.

my point isn’t about who can afford what, never mentioned or insinuated it either.
My point which I probably put across poorly is mainly down to testing game mechanics. I feel in my opinion that they should of given a bit of a higher credit to start with so people have the ability to test out parts of the game that does require to have x amount.
It’s why in ptu you get 5 million, they don’t want you to have limitations in ptu.
I’m not saying give everyone millions or hundred of thousands, but maybe 50k to start with.

also every one can afford what they can afford, I’ve got concierge in 2 months because I really like this game and I’ve committed to it and will continue to.

this seems to be a sore topic when ever and where ever it’s brought up.

And I want to end this with a smiley 😃 as I don’t want it to come across being arsey

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I think the issue on buying in-game currency with real money is that the economy structures typically used in MMOs would be (or are when implemented) exceptionally vulnerable to exploitation, so people are justifiably concerned over that.

However, SC permits the ability to purchase in-game ships worth millions in in-game currency and we're not even seeing 1% of the expected economy dynamic. So I don't see an issue with buying in-game currency for SC.

I'm hopeful that when larger parts of the economy are implemented in SC that we'll be given temporarily much more starting in-game currency so the economy can be balanced around players having 'disposable income' in-game. From the many MMOs I've played I've seen a common issue where a too narrow view of balanced economy was taken so it was only balanced at entry level but as players advanced the economy became so exceptionally unbalanced that they drove players away and had to implement new content to completely rework the 'end-game' economy but made entry level economy so pointless they had to implement artificial means to quickly advance players to the 'end-game' content.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Not sure if this is solely aimed at me or partially see as it references some things off my post and the reaction to my post.

my point isn’t about who can afford what, never mentioned or insinuated it either.
My point which I probably put across poorly is mainly down to testing game mechanics. I feel in my opinion that they should of given a bit of a higher credit to start with so people have the ability to test out parts of the game that does require to have x amount.
It’s why in ptu you get 5 million, they don’t want you to have limitations in ptu.
I’m not saying give everyone millions or hundred of thousands, but maybe 50k to start with.

also every one can afford what they can afford, I’ve got concierge in 2 months because I really like this game and I’ve committed to it and will continue to.

And I want to end this with a smiley 😃 as I don’t want it to come across being arsey
Oh no no no, it was not aimed at you at all, and I did get your point.
I wrote it cause I seen a lot other comment similar to it (other places) but a lot more shall we say aggressive, demanding and whining ha ha... (not saying yours was 😉 )
which is mostly based on their total lack of knowledge how the game is going to work out in the economic and such..
And as some just go from old experience from other MMO, where most economics are heavy player influenced, in SC that is not the case never have been never will be.

I do agree with you a lot on this is alpha testing why not give more aUEC to all make it easier for devs and us when they need to do wipes and think many would play a lot more.
IMO as long as we are in alpha they should just make sure that all can play with ease regardless if it's PTU or PU.
As they do it now they base the Live aUEC on how much you have in UEC on your account..
Well how hard can it be to add a 0 after that and most would get a good start have a bit more to test with AS IN ""Borrowed test aUEC money. NOT ours to keep.!""
And just make it clear there will be wipes get use to it.

And those that make most noise and they want this and that and persistence, want to keep what is earned... yada yada yada...
If that is so, tell like it is, at the point it might not be what they should play and come back later, or deal with it.
One can't please every one, there is always going to be one that is not happy how things are... IMO every one else should not suffer for that one.

And IMO in game UEC should not be activated until absolute last stage of Beta where there is a last wipe before it goes full release.
But that is up to them how they want to do it, mess it up, or make it work.. I would not want to be in their shoes that day making that decision.

CHEERS! 🍻

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla

Oh no no no, it was not aimed at you at all, and I did get your point.
I wrote it cause I seen a lot other comment similar to it (other places) but a lot more shall we say aggressive, demanding and whining ha ha... (not saying yours was 😉 )
which is mostly based on their total lack of knowledge how the game is going to work out in the economic and such..
And as some just go from old experience from other MMO, where most economics are heavy player influenced, in SC that is not the case never have been never will be.

I do agree with you a lot on this is alpha testing why not give more aUEC to all make it easier for devs and us when they need to do wipes and think many would play a lot more.
IMO as long as we are in alpha they should just make sure that all can play with ease regardless if it's PTU or PU.
As they do it now they base the Live aUEC on how much you have in UEC on your account..
Well how hard can it be to add a 0 after that and most would get a good start have a bit more to test with AS IN ""Borrowed test aUEC money. NOT ours to keep.!""
And just make it clear there will be wipes get use to it.

And those that make most noise and they want this and that and persistence, want to keep what is earned... yada yada yada...
If that is so, tell like it is, at the point it might not be what they should play and come back later, or deal with it.
One can't please every one, there is always going to be one that is not happy how things are... IMO every one else should not suffer for that one.

And IMO in game UEC should not be activated until absolute last stage of Beta where there is a last wipe before it goes full release.
But that is up to them how they want to do it, mess it up, or make it work.. I would not want to be in their shoes that day making that decision.

CHEERS! 🍻
well said

Forgot your password?