Aug. 5 Sabre Flash sale

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Can’t get enough of last month’s test pilot ship, the Aegis Sabre? If you’d like to pick one up for your fleet, we’re making it available exclusively to development subscribers this weekend. Introduced for CitizenCon 2015, the Sabre is a hard-fighting space superiority ship that shows off some of the best tech the military has to offer. The Sabre will be available HERE in the pledge store starting on Friday August 5th at 9 AM PDT/4 PM UTC through Monday August 8th!

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
When they do stuff like this it makes me want to subscribe. Access to the image vault and monthly hanger flair doesn't feel like enough incentive on their own, but this makes it feel more worth it.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I agree that the run of the mill benefits are fairly mundane, but the recent spate of subscriber benefits have been rather nice.

The subscriber fee might be more sensibly spent on an annual ship purchase (RSI still gets the money, but you end up with something else in your hangar a bit bigger than a piece of flair), but I'm a sucker for the little things that they dribble out to the subscribers :)

Having said that, I don't think I'll be going for the Sabre. I wish I had flown it more during July but I never really fell in love with it (and the game kept crashing for me). I did however have hella-fun with the Orion 350r. It may sting like a bee, but nothing could touch me, and that has a certain charm of its own. Here's hoping we see a sale on that soon, I have a Dragonfly that is eager to be upgraded.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
Paying money for the occasional opportunity to spend a lot more money seems like a funny way of looking at it.
DAMNIT, you're supposed to support my ship buying, not ship-block me! I had some spare RSI credits so I paid for 1 month, probably not worth paying it every month for me, but we will see how this goes.

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
Can’t get enough of last month’s test pilot ship, the Aegis Sabre? If you’d like to pick one up for your fleet, we’re making it available exclusively to development subscribers this weekend. Introduced for CitizenCon 2015, the Sabre is a hard-fighting space superiority ship that shows off some of the best tech the military has to offer. The Sabre will be available HERE in the pledge store starting on Friday August 5th at 9 AM PDT/4 PM UTC through Monday August 8th!
Thanks for the heads=up!

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
You know this would go on sale this weekend, I just committed to by an upgrade from Makute. I got tired of waiting. lol

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I remember back in my day when subscriber flair was interactive.....

Oh the good ol days..... But I still keep my subscription running for the simple reason of supporting the game and maintaining a connection with the game even if it's a few bucks a month like "child support" or
Paying of jimmy the fish...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Whats the price on this here Sabre?

"Pronounced Sabray, right?" (The Office tv show reference)
Don't be sad, You also can buy the cheapest upgrade to a Sabre, SH to Sabre is a bad idea because SH also is limited ;), but Taurus to Sabre sounds good.
Then you can CCU your ship as fund become available to a Taurus and immediately can upgrade to a Sabre. You don't have to apply every CCU immediately, you also can buy the CCUs and wait until your upgrade path to the Sabre is complete.
Another option is to buy the Taurus to Sabre CCU and melt it after 1 day. That way you always have an option to upgrade to a Sabre without having to wait until next sale.
Whatever suits you best ;)

Reactions: AstroSam

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
sabre VS super hornet?
The Sabre is a great fighter and IMO better than the Super Hornet. It's no brawler like the SH but it can take some hits. The Sabre is about stealth and speed so you can get your 4 size 3 guns into position and blasts someones rear (bow chicka) before they even know you are behind them. If you fly a Sabre you have made the choice to never use gimbals. Right now x4 Panther repeaters are the go to weapon for the Sabre, but many Sabre pilots are waiting for the M5A behring laser cannon to be put into the store which most likely will be the ships go to load out.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
[CONFIRMED]
The Sabre is a great fighter and IMO better than the Super Hornet. It's no brawler like the SH but it can take some hits. The Sabre is about stealth and speed so you can get your 4 size 3 guns into position and blasts someones rear (bow chicka) before they even know you are behind them. If you fly a Sabre you have made the choice to never use gimbals. Right now x4 Panther repeaters are the go to weapon for the Sabre, but many Sabre pilots are waiting for the M5A behring laser cannon to be put into the store which most likely will be the ships go to load out.
I went with a Gladius in Squadron Battle. First I met a Hornet which even couldn't touch me, then more people entered and a Sabre shot of one wings from behind. With that firepower and agility a Hornet has bad cards against the Sabre.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
[CONFIRMED]

I went with a Gladius in Squadron Battle. First I met a Hornet which even couldn't touch me, then more people entered and a Sabre shot of one wings from behind. With that firepower and agility a Hornet has bad cards against the Sabre.
I loved my Gladius, if you like the Gladius you will be in love with the Sabre.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I loved my Gladius, if you like the Gladius you will be in love with the Sabre.
Actually in the beginning I had allot problems to get a good aim with the Gladius. The GT215 doesn't do allot damage. After discovering zoom and flighting with the Avenger I learned how to kill with the Gladius. The 350R also helped allot because she is even faster.
The Sabre was like: put on 4 Panthers, get in and shoot to kill, not allot problems flying it.
Like the Gladius, the Sabre is agile, not so agile as the Gladius, and fast. The big plus are its 4 S3 guns and much heavier shields. The big minus is, with those heavy shields you forget about evading. When the shields are gone you must go to higher grounds fast, otherwise you will be dead fast.
I don't fly allot with the Sabre because I can't improve my skills in it, she is too good.

Reactions: Walex and AstroSam
Forgot your password?