Aug. 5 Sabre Flash sale

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Jumped on this as soon as it opened. Had to torch several ships to get it (goodbye Cutlass Black, Mustang Gamma, and Aurora LN), but ended up with a Sabre, Aurora MR, and a P-52 Merlin. Because who needs cargo capacity when you have a ship that is technically considered cargo.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The Sabre is now available within the store section, choosing -> Extras -> Subscribers exclusive.
But no price advantage; 185 Euro incl. VAT. Way too much money for this small peace of ship imho.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I would upgrade.....but I feel that finding good replacement parts for a cutting edge stealth fighter might be hard in the verse. I think I will stick with my superhornet. The airframe has been around for ages, so parts should be pretty readily available and affordable.
/$0.02

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
No upgrades to Sabre available... Well now I'm disappointed. I don't really want a 6 month insurance one when I could wait until an anniversary sale and upgade a LTI ship using store credit. I really hope they add the ship upgrades to the Sabre.

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
That's why I kept the Super Hornet around. It's highly customizable, so it can be adapted to a number of situations. But having a cutting edge stealth fighter lying around might come in handy one day. You never know what you're gonna run into out there. And, if nothing else, I can melt it and buy several cheaper ships. This way I'll at least have the option to buy it back later.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
That's why I kept the Super Hornet around. It's highly customizable, so it can be adapted to a number of situations. But having a cutting edge stealth fighter lying around might come in handy one day. You never know what you're gonna run into out there. And, if nothing else, I can melt it and buy several cheaper ships. This way I'll at least have the option to buy it back later.
I generally run with Zapp who has a sabre. The combo of our ships works out well. He is faster and stealthier, so he can deal the first blow and weaken the target's shields a bit for me. Then I can pin the target down by orbiting it in the SH and get into a slug-fest while the sabre just keeps making pass after pass to chip away at them. I cant afford to do everything, so i make friends with those who can do what I cannot. SYNERGY!!

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I generally run with Zapp who has a sabre. The combo of our ships works out well. He is faster and stealthier, so he can deal the first blow and weaken the target's shields a bit for me. Then I can pin the target down by orbiting it in the SH and get into a slug-fest while the sabre just keeps making pass after pass to chip away at them. I cant afford to do everything, so i make friends with those who can do what I cannot. SYNERGY!!
This is a really good idea. I have the first part down. I own both the Sabre and SH. Now I just need one of these "friends" that everybody keeps talking about. Where's a good place to buy them at?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
This is a really good idea. I have the first part down. I own both the Sabre and SH. Now I just need one of these "friends" that everybody keeps talking about. Where's a good place to buy them at?
If you buy ME a sabre, I'll be your friend. We could even do friend stuff like get tacos and murder pirates together....

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
If you buy ME a sabre, I'll be your friend. We could even do friend stuff like get tacos and murder pirates together....
Right on man!! Woo!!!!! I'll cut you a deal. You buy the Sabre yourself, and I'll pay you back as soon as I'm done helping this Saudi prince I met online get his valuable art collection through customs.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You have a girlfriend!!!! Let her fly the....Sabre......no Super Hornet.....noooo... sitting duck!!!!! If I recall correct, your girlfriend couldn't fly very good. Let her get the attention of the enemy, hit run and run and you can pick them off one by one. Give her the Sabre, then she at least has a fighting running chance !!!!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Right on man!! Woo!!!!! I'll cut you a deal. You buy the Sabre yourself, and I'll pay you back as soon as I'm done helping this Saudi prince I met online get his valuable art collection through customs.
Aww I'm still 1.8 Million in the hole because of some Nigerian prince......freakin' princes, man.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
i'm almost agonising over this. I have no dedicated combat ships, save the Buc, and not sure if I should melt something for the Saber.
I want a Sabre, but now I'm just gonna wait for the Anniversary sale that will probably come in November. I want to upgrade a LTI ship to it rather than buy one with 6 months insurance.

Reactions: marcsand2

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
You have a girlfriend!!!! Let her fly the....Sabre......no Super Hornet.....noooo... sitting duck!!!!! If I recall correct, your girlfriend couldn't fly very good. Let her get the attention of the enemy, hit run and run and you can pick them off one by one. Give her the Sabre, then she at least has a fighting running chance !!!!
Or, I could let her use the P-52 Merlin. It's smaller, and more importantly, cheaper the the Sabre. At least when she crashes it my wallet won't commit suicide.
Aww I'm still 1.8 Million in the hole because of some Nigerian prince......freakin' princes, man.
I know man. It's almost like it's all a scam.... But that can't be true. Princes are charming and totally trustworthy.... Right?

Reactions: marcsand2

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I know man. It's almost like it's all a scam.... But that can't be true. Princes are charming and totally trustworthy.... Right?
I mean......Disney wouldn't lie to us. I-...I'm sure of it...

Forgot your password?