Aurora sun blotting prep! 3pm EST Sat 9th Feb

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There is a combat ops being scheduled at this same time, so this is a good time to start refreshing your old contact list.

We can drop into combat ops and say hello, then lets start preparing for the sun blotting.

This is a trail run, I expect we need a few more goes at it before it is done right.

https://www.guilded.gg/TEST/calendar

And get your ass into discord, because that is where we will be, and if you are not there, then you are dead to me!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
There is a combat ops being scheduled at this same time, so this is a good time to start refreshing your old contact list.

We can drop into combat ops and say hello, then lets start preparing for the sun blotting.

This is a trail run, I expect we need a few more goes at it before it is done right.

https://www.guilded.gg/TEST/calendar
Hah!!! The combat ops just got merged with the blotting event.

Reactions: Scape

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I thought we would crash your event and give you guys moving targets!
That would be an option, only.... CFT starts at 20:00 UTC. If everybody is on time, then we still have to get sc handles fixed. Then everybody has to ready up, before you know it, it is 30 minutes later, which overall isn't a bad time. My fastest assembly was at 20:15 UTC in instance.
If you start the blotting event at 20:00 UTC, then you follow up too close, no opportunity for me to explain the guys brevity and procedure and get some practice.

Besides that, I also want to blot out the sun 😁

Reactions: Scape and Sayora

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
  1. make sure that everybody has the party leader, Montoya, as contact.
  2. provide Montoya with your handle. Best if this is done before starting SC.
  3. when everybody has arranged his or her contact list, the everybody can start SC.
  4. everybody goes to the main menu
  5. party leader goes to Crusader menu and starts to invite people into the party
  6. triple check that you didn't miss anybody
    (sometimes the invite doesn't show up, the person invited just has to spam the accept button: [ )
  7. party leader joins an instance, everybody should get an invite to join
    (sometimes the invite doesn't show up, the person invited just has to spam the accept button: [ )
  8. ready to go.
Best practice is that everybody gets to Port Olisar, prior to the event, it really speeds up things.

If you come late, no problem, as long as you have fixed the RSI handles before the event. You can add Montoya, but Montoya can't add you when he is in an instance. Latecomers can join on friends to get in the same instance.

Another option, when RSI contacts aren't fixed: a volunteer, already in the party and instance, leaves the instance, adds contacts and restarts SC (also launcher). That is the only way to join on friends when the party already is started but you don't have the contacts.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That would be an option, only.... CFT starts at 20:00 UTC. If everybody is on time, then we still have to get sc handles fixed. Then everybody has to ready up, before you know it, it is 30 minutes later, which overall isn't a bad time. My fastest assembly was at 20:15 UTC in instance.
If you start the blotting event at 20:00 UTC, then you follow up too close, no opportunity for me to explain the guys brevity and procedure and get some practice.

Besides that, I also want to blot out the sun 😁
Anybody joining should expect at least 1hr before we even begin to get shit done.

FYI anybody that has not attended an event, it takes at least 1hr to get people into comms, on the right landing pad, wearing helmets in the airlock...

Reactions: Scape and marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
FYI anybody that has not attended an event, it takes at least 1hr to get people into comms, on the right landing pad, wearing helmets in the airlock...
Good preparation and information before the event:
mandatory:
- be at Port Olisar
- buy a medalion II flightsuit and helmet at Port Olisar store
- get your handles prepared. Just post them in TEST discord #PU-Comms text channel, 15 minutes before the event starts or post them in this thread

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ill be earlier and getting my contact list updated. It has not been used in a long time and is full of old contacts who are hardly playing SC!

Reactions: marcsand2 and Scape

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
7am Sunday!

I should be online for this, have 2 spare Aurora's and a spare Mustang Alpha for anyone that needs them - Stored at Olisar

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2 and Scape

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I will bring my 315P.
I have flown as close to the sun as I think possible by aborting my QD trips, and targeting elsewhere. You get to a point when the sun does not get any bigger and becomes a polygon.
From that I doubt that this is possible unless you get the camera very close to the tightly packed ships, It will still be visible from crusader for example.
Sorry guys its hopeless but I will join in anyway!

The good news is that Mrs Intruder needs piockinmg up at midnight UTC so at least I will be sober for once,

Reactions: Scape and marcsand2
Forgot your password?