Avocado 3.0 is out.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Why are people talking about avocados? I don't get it.
It's easier to pronounce than Evicati. Hell, I can't even spell Evacaty.

The Evilkaty are the public player-testers who get early access to the Public Test Universe. It's a pretty tough though, I hear that every time they tweak it the Avacados have to download it again. I would not be able to keep up with those kinds of requirements, it took me 8 hours to download 2.6.3 as it was.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
It took me ages to spell avocado nevermind evolati so there really isn't a spelling difference.

Oh I see it now, the thread is called "Avocado 3.0 is out". I honestly missed that I do t read thread titles I just go in and post stuff.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

The Evilkaty are the public player-testers who get early access to the Public Test Universe. It's a pretty tough though, I hear that every time they tweak it the Avacados have to download it again. I would not be able to keep up with those kinds of requirements, it took me 8 hours to download 2.6.3 as it was.

The good news is you would only have to download the whole thing once with 3.0 as it introduces delta patcher. This will mean going forward you only need to download the updates and not the whole thing.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I probably won't get into PTU so I'm waiting for release.
I've been on every ptu since 1.6 and it never failed to disappoint me in the end that my 300i got more broken and unplayable every time. Also the download times were prohibiting to test beyond the first ptu release, so I wasn't much use to testing.

That said, thanks for posting the news that it's out to the avocados, I've been waiting all week for this bit! My excitement levels are up to eleven :D

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Makes you wonder when they will add sex to star citizen. After all they have breathing, eating, showering and pooping. Soon you'll have to create your alternate by finding a willing partner. Gives a whole new meaning to their plan to utilize dynasties for player characters.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Makes you wonder when they will add sex to star citizen. After all they have breathing, eating, showering and pooping. Soon you'll have to create your alternate by finding a willing partner. Gives a whole new meaning to their plan to utilize dynasties for player characters.
That brings new meaning to the term cockpit.

Forgot your password?