Awesome new re-entry effects!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
It looks really good. I hope the color of the flames change by speed of entry, bluer for faster orange for slower
I think those will probably depend on the type of atmosphere the planet you are getting to have: orange flame for oxigen rich atmo, blue or other color for other gas-rich atmo.
Ot could be a nice reference for exploration gameplay

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I wonder how much it will obscure our view in the cockpit. But more 'mersion is always good.
That might be the appeal of one ship over another. Could become a balancing bonus if you find you do a lot of high altitude/edge of space combat.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
if you zoom in close, can you see ceramic tiles coming off?
Jesus, that was 17 years ago now. My God.
As bad as this may seem, thinking about the destruction of the Space shuttle Columbia 17 years ago. Yet I can remember it like yesterday because I watched that ship explode live with my bare eyes while it passed over my general area in Texas.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
As bad as this may seem, thinking about the destruction of the Space shuttle Columbia 17 years ago. Yet I can remember it like yesterday because I watched that ship explode live with my bare eyes while it passed over my general area in Texas.

Yeah it feels like yesterday to me. It's insane. That's nuts you watched it happen though. Wow.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I wonder how much it will obscure our view in the cockpit. But more 'mersion is always good.
Well considering that this will actually be generated form the side of the ship that will actually hit the atmosphere you could always go declouple and enter atmo by the belly of the ship rater then head on...
Actually a much more realistic way to do that....
Finally my space penguin have a purpose for those ceramic plate on his belly! (love that texture)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Imagine how awesome these effects will be after CIG gets the new form fitting ship shield system in place. You could have these effects being deflected from the ships by a thin margin by the ships shields with potentially different colors in the different effects.
Actually these effects use the very same system as the new shields... they mention it the SCL a caouple of weeks ago when they state they are exploring the use of this tecnology both for shield and other thing ship-ralated, like re-entry effect, but also smoke and particle effect in general.
I feel it will be a great visual improvement all around on ship effect...

Forgot your password?