mgk
I need to be made Admiral of the Fleet

it's my official rank in TESTES

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
Well, you could blame Canada, which is where its actually from. ;)
I know it is hard for Canadians (<---I spelled it right!) to understand but Americans don't attribute anything we "discover" to anyone other than ourselves. Hell, most Americans probably claim that we own the moon because our astronauts peed on it.

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
I know it is hard for Canadians (<---I spelled it right!) to understand but Americans don't attribute anything we "discover" to anyone other than ourselves. Hell, most Americans probably claim that we own the moon because our astronauts peed on it.
but we had to claim the moon before the Russians got there and spread their red paint and gold stars all over it!!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
nah, i like Canada to much for that. plus the movie fargo gets many Americans confused about ND :(
Yeah, that would be a fact!
Blame Fargo!
'Murica!
Also, good work on the spelling. I'm proud of you. :p

MikeAlphaTangoTango

Space Marshal
Oct 2, 2014
RSI Handle
MikeAlphaTangoTango
True. I've had Americans try to tell me how to speak English before, some have even called it 'American'.

Sidenote: Why do you guys leave the 'u' out of words like colour? And put 'z's (zed not zee) in everything?

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
True. I've had Americans try to tell me how to speak English before, some have even called it 'American'.

Sidenote: Why do you guys leave the 'u' out of words like colour? And put 'z's (zed not zee) in everything?
Because it makez our wordz more colorful. It is to maintain our honor and valor.

Or maybe all of the u's went to the wealthiest 1% along with our wages, healthcare, college funding, and pensions?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Because it makez our wordz more colorful. It is to maintain our honor and valor.

Or maybe all of the u's went to the wealthiest 1% along with our wages, healthcare, college funding, and pensions?
Hmmmm, they teach us about honour and valour in the army. ;)

Well shit, we have u's. And most of the rest of the stuff on that list. Move to Canada. :)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker

Blame Noah Webster (the guy who started the Webster's Dictionary). To make spelling more efficient and more like speaking, he redesigned a bunch of words in the nineteenth century. Dropped the -our for -or (favor), replaced -ise with -ize (realize), and made -er replace -re (theater). Some stuff caught on, "music" instead of "musick," and "program" instead of "programme," but a lot did not like "tung" for "tongue" and "wimmen" for "women."

If you think some of that is bad, just wait to see what a century of Twitter will do do our language...

Reactions: Gneissnoggin
Forgot your password?