RSI Handle
Shortspark

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
OH and @Kersakov sorry for missing your logo & propaganda post! Just a few thoughts

Logo: Overall I like it. The slogan could use some work, sounds like something DOD would write, not TEST squadron! I'll think on it and let you know if I come up with anything (also anyone else feel free to think about it). Other potential problem is the logo being all yellow. When you place it on something like your poster, it looks a little weird. Maybe the solution is to just change the posters background?

Poster: Besides the background comment from above ^, I think it's pretty great. Maybe the top text could change as it doesn't come off fluidly when I read it, "Where were you sitting for the boom?".
Sorry for the late reply, busy weekend. Thanks for the feedback, nice to see your concerns pretty much fit with the bit's I was least happy with. Agreed the Words were a bit DOD, that was the intention as we're a military wing but perhaps we should just stick with something more TEST. I've always sucked at the words.
Also I'm not a fan of the poster background really, I don't think it fits I just couldn't think of a better colour, Maybe Black and change the borders and text to white? I might try it, see how it looks. Also the wording, yeah, see above, I've always sucked at words; I couldn't come up with anything better.
Regarding the logo colours, I always go for the Transparent style for logos but I'm not really sure why. I think I'm gonna merge our two ideas so have the full TEST logo with 'Bombardiers' but with the Torpedoes across the middle to make them more noticable, see how that looks.

Final point, regarding the Bomber Patch idea from @Just Jake, I think we should have a geometric black and yellow logo so people immediately know we're TEST but I love the idea of having a patch too. I'll try and come up with something.

EDIT: I just realised this looks like I'm trying to take control of logos and propaganda. I'm not, I love the Aurora Ordinance and Montoya 11th Bomb SQ Logo, I just enjoy making stuff on my computer.

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
I think the patch and "logo" serve different purposes, maybe? The logo is how we're represented on the forums and what-not, but on a uniform we'd use the patch? Oh and the 11th bomb squadron is actually from the original patch, I just didn't change that (for some reason I don't remember).

Re Aurora Ordinance: I just think it's a catchy propaganda phrase, we can have many of these! When will you be in Discord next, maybe we can discuss in more detail?

Reactions: Kersakov

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
I think the patch and "logo" serve different purposes, maybe? The logo is how we're represented on the forums and what-not, but on a uniform we'd use the patch? Oh and the 11th bomb squadron is actually from the original patch, I just didn't change that (for some reason I don't remember).

Re Aurora Ordinance: I just think it's a catchy propaganda phrase, we can have many of these! When will you be in Discord next, maybe we can discuss in more detail?
Never actually used Discord. I should get on that...

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
Got nothing nothing against pixel art but it doesn't really seem like a good fit here. Explosions in propaganda though should be a thing and I should get on that

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
No Tali ? Harbringer ? Gladiators will need jump drives.
I'm still afraid there will not be as much rewarding game play as I hope for PVP...

like, if we're all on 10,000 different instances... its not really that much of a sandbox. Eve was a sandbox. I would like that, but star citizen. OMG that would be sweet.. now THAT would be something to make CR famous world wide.. get that level of connectivity going.

Anyways about bombing, the whole multicfrew limitations of the tali make is not so desireable. They will fix it Im sure. Guess Gladiator is the single seater bomber supreme after /along side the MIS

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Have a Sentinel ready and willing, can also sit in a turret if needed. :P

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Anyways about bombing, the whole multicfrew limitations of the tali make is not so desireable. They will fix it Im sure. Guess Gladiator is the single seater bomber supreme after /along side the MIS
What do you mean by its 'multicrew limitations'? Do you literally mean the fact that it's a multicrew ship becase most people are really looking forward to that, not seeing it as a problem to be fixed. A Gladiator simply won't stand up compared to a Retaliator.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Multi crew Limitations?
One could Solo a Tali w/ computer turrets and an NPC engineer (not ideal but doable).

Multi crew only Extends gameplay options. It makes the game more communal and the social aspect contributed to the fun factor.

@Azmodeth if you are doing some piracy and are running into said limitations invite me on as crew :P

Reactions: CitizenDad

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
How come everyone forgets the Harbinger as a bomber :(
It's not so much that it's forgotten, it's just that the Tali and Gladiator are pretty much exclusively bombers. The Harbinger on the other hand has multiple distinct flavors of "fuck your spaceship in particular" to bring to the table.

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
I think in an org like TEST, where at any given moment I'd argue at least someone is interested in joining your ship, multi crew will not be a limitation.

If you're worried about that then have a single seater ship on standby in the event you choose not to fly with someone else / have an NPC crew.

Reactions: CitizenDad

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
Picked up a tali during the anniversary sale and have 3 potential crew to fly with. Count me in. Do you guys think we'll be able to outfit our retaliators as stealth bombers?

Forgot your password?