Build-a-'tali!

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
:eek: Cryo pods in the back. Troop transport in the front.

No. I want a small crew. Or solo. Stop thinking like that Bo.

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
Since I have the feeling the front bay is bigger. I went cargo front. Living back. I'll figure the rest out later. Lol

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I'm not sure why but I'm grabbing living in the back cargo in the front.

For some reason I feel like the Tali is just more imposing than the Connie so it might make for a good smuggling... Um.. Snuggling... Um snuggie transport ship.

I'd rather not get attacked while I'm exsploring or hauling cargo. But I would like to make the Pirates think twice.

Also. Need to fit a jump drive on the thing somewhere.
Those are the same modules I got lol

Reactions: Beauseant

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I could not resist the draw of the $150 LTI Tali. I nabbed one plus double cargo modules since I melted my Hull B for it. Figure I'll just wait until the PU to get the torp bays.

Slycer

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Slycer42
I couldn't resist either. Melted everything down except my precious Avenger and got the LTI 'Tali with front cargo, rear living. I just see the ship as a perfect smuggling ship.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
There is going to be a whole bunch of older ships going back on the market. But in meantime I melted a caterpillar and a M50 both LTI just to experiment.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Do we think this will happen with the coni as well? I certainly hope so I wasnt around to be able to get a coni LTI.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Yeah, I'm weak. I already owned a LTI Retaliator, so I just added on the cargo, living, and dropship modules. Poor Life Choices just keeps becoming a more and more appropriate name.

Reactions: JBWill and mromutt

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
Right now I've got the Tali and a Cutlass which I hope to turn into a Cutlass Blue one way or the other one day soon since the Cutlass will be the first ship you can actually change mods in.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Do we think this will happen with the coni as well? I certainly hope so I wasnt around to be able to get a coni LTI.
I really feel that will be a thing, and maybe also for the cutlass but not the base just its parts

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
I didn't really dislike the Connie I kinda think the Tali looks a bit cooler but that's just personal taste. I think it will really come down to how well I can run a ship solo.

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
Could be wrong but if you look at the number of torpedoes each bay will hold I'm thinking the front bay is bigger thus I got the front cargo bay and rear living :)

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Reactions: honcho12

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
They both add and extra 20 SCU, there is a theory going around that says the +20 SCU is from the bombay arms getting out of the way.... Since the front mod holds 4 torps and the rear only holds 2.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'd say that's a crock; both cargo modules have a vertical lift which replaces the bomb bay doors. Those doors are the same size, front and rear. The front bomb bay *is* larger overall, but it has articulated racks that deploy their 4 torpedoes out the bottom in the same amount of space as the rear bay. Both cargo bays can only raise and lower the same amount of cargo, as defined by the size of the lift.

Reactions: honcho12

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
Yes, No, Maybe? I don't know it's not very clear to me at the moment. Like why make some mods for the front only unless the front was bigger and could hold more or something.
I'm just trying to learn :(

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Well, Bo, all of the info we have is subject to change. And the only reason I can think of for the restriction of pods to either bay, right now at least, is shape. CIG does a lot of fiddling with the overall shape of components to make sure they fit where they are supposed to fit, without something poking out the side of the ship, or into a hallway, etc... So what we look at as just equipment volume, they also see all the pipes and wires that run behind the walls. Its just another layer of immersion to them.

Reactions: Beauseant
Forgot your password?