Build-a-'tali!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I think the only one that's restricted to either fore or aft is the dropship module. That one uses the spot where the bay doors were as a lift location, and the space around it is where the armor charges, weapon racks, and ammo/grenade cases are stored. That space isn't there in the rear bay, so they can't really have the same setup there.

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Missed the last Retaliator sale so I blew my tali money on a Vanguard. I have now blown my food money on a Retaliator >_<
Cargo in the front, living in the back right now because I really have no idea what I want to do with it, it's just so pretty.
If they release a science module or something I think it would make a pretty bad ass roving space-meth lab.

Reactions: Yex and honcho12

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I picked up a BMM and a Cat during the flash sale... but now that the Retaliator base has LTI on it, I am sure that will be a thing for new releases of old ships, I melted the cat for drop pod /rear cargo

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
Impatiently waiting on the new Freelancer. Got a Tali, Reliant, and a Bang Stang, but really want to see what they're up to with the 'Lancer.
Cargo in the front, living quarters in the rear, with torp bays earned in the PU (unless exploration modules become available).
The only caveat I have with the Tali is the S3 max shield.

GlassCloud

Vice Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
GlassCloud
I'm really interested to see what the actual cargo mechanics will be. I'm assuming everything will fit into steel crates and will be stored neatly. So many small aspects to go into it. Over all I can't see the Tali having any where near the originally estimated storage space. Don't get me wrong though, I really hope it does.

Joegasaki Kenji

Space Marshal
Aug 3, 2015
RSI Handle
JoegaKen
I'm really interested to see what the actual cargo mechanics will be. I'm assuming everything will fit into steel crates and will be stored neatly. So many small aspects to go into it. Over all I can't see the Tali having any where near the originally estimated storage space. Don't get me wrong though, I really hope it does.
If you want to know more about the cargo system you might want to read: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction
And if you dont want to read here's a good explenation on youtube (it starts at 15:40): www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4fc7yFvEw

And with the front cargo compartement. It does look like the edges arn't used for cargo and there's a cargo lift in the middle.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Ok, I got the front living module because it is bigger and you are going to use that space to live, instead of using it for cargo in which case you are wasting space because it will fit the same cargo as the rear one (same platform size), and in the rear the cargo, that way I fit all the living parts of the ship at the front.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
A tali with the cargo modules is a super well armed light cargo ship. I see it as a blockade runner or a dangerous route ship...

Or use the tali's reputation to reduce the number of people willing to risk engaging.

Two living quarters makes for a fun deep space camper. Think RV but with military grade turrets.

I think this is going to replace my Connie honestly, as it looks like it can do everything a Connie can, but better (but with more crew)

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
So i learned this today,
If you leave your hanger empty and you have the base Tali it will put all your ships in including a tali..
It's super buggy and I fell through the ship when i went in the torpedo bays but other then that at least you can see it!

S734LTH

Lieutenant
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
S734LTH
I have the old LTI Retaliator, but I bought a rear living quarters and a cargo bay for the front, but I don't know what will end up paying as a profession so I figure it's better to have all of my bases covered. :/

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
So wanting to join the Tali hype
Did you miss the part about the living module for the Tali?

Your home away from home! The front and rear living quarters turn your Retaliator into a miniature hangar, complete with space to make your own. Standard equipment includes a retractable dining table, holo-screen, personal storage area and drink machine (front) or a sink, personal storage area, two couches, retractable table and holo-screen (rear) but can be configured to your specifications!

Drink Machine... in flight space bar? With enough turrets on that thing to protect you as your slav...errr low paid crew members fly you around "exploring" new bars at the corners of known space.... no bar... Well thank god you have a Tali... you have your OWN bar.

But seriously... you shouldn't jump for something because it looks cool. But the Tali IS cool and LOOKS cool... sooo. Just sayin...

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
Did you miss the part about the living module for the Tali?

Your home away from home! The front and rear living quarters turn your Retaliator into a miniature hangar, complete with space to make your own. Standard equipment includes a retractable dining table, holo-screen, personal storage area and drink machine (front) or a sink, personal storage area, two couches, retractable table and holo-screen (rear) but can be configured to your specifications!

Drink Machine... in flight space bar? With enough turrets on that thing to protect you as your slav...errr low paid crew members fly you around "exploring" new bars at the corners of known space.... no bar... Well thank god you have a Tali... you have your OWN bar.

But seriously... you shouldn't jump for something because it looks cool. But the Tali IS cool and LOOKS cool... sooo. Just sayin...
I have a connie for that...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
So wanting to join the Tali hype
You're welcome to join me on mine whenever they let us fly them. I know it's not quite the same...

Forgot your password?