Bye Bye Alfa

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Well im finally getting rid of this awful car. The starter broke and it leaked im guessing power stearing fluid all over my drivers side of the car. its been the worst car ive ever owned and all i can say is Finally.

Note: dont ever buy an alfa unless you enjoy throwing money into a blackhole.
DSC_1001.JPG

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
absolutely not a fun ride my dodge intrepid performed better.
oh dear! Go get you a nice japanese kei car or maybe a classic japanese sports car! Or even better, get a subaru! 😬
Im not sure what i want yet first need to gather up some extra money from around the house. probably going to be a luxury sports this time around

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oh dear you listened to all the raving lunatics who say "your not a man until you've owned an alfa". I guess it could be true that owning one teaches you restraint and patience :o

Mate, now you've had the worst, go Japanese or German. My Mercedes S500 runs like clockwork 143,000 miles on it starts on the button every day. Same goes for all the jap cars I used to own.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well im finally getting rid of this awful car. The starter broke and it leaked im guessing power stearing fluid all over my drivers side of the car. its been the worst car ive ever owned and all i can say is Finally.

Note: dont ever buy an alfa unless you enjoy throwing money into a blackhole.View attachment 10553
Thats one sweet looking car, but man, reliability is one thing I value over all else 🙂

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Oh dear you listened to all the raving lunatics who say "your not a man until you've owned an alfa". I guess it could be true that owning one teaches you restraint and patience :open_mouth:

Mate, now you've had the worst, go Japanese or German. My Mercedes S500 runs like clockwork 143,000 miles on it starts on the button every day. Same goes for all the jap cars I used to own.
yeah im thinking about a german car next i was going to get a maserati quatrope but my alfa didnt hold out long enough just needed it to last a couple months after my renovation was finished. oh well lets see what i can get at the auction when i go or what i find online

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
like i said its all up in the air right now no idea what im getting. i saw a lexus here for 7k
https://www.cheap2drive.com/inventory
I really want to say, go for the awful looking
15 Suzuki Alto
4 Person

LOL

but Jeremy Clarkson said, to be a true Petrolhead, you need to have owned an Alfa in your life. I guess you got that checked off your list now, and time to enjoy actual good cars

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
^ what he said! DUDE! You can get a "kei" car! Drive it for 25 years over there, and then I'll take it off your hands...for a fair price, of course!

see:
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/04/a-beginners-guide-to-the-world-of-weird-and-wonderful-japanese-import-cars/
i agree there are alot of weird cars here but really the only 2 things that people want to export are 90s skyline gtrs and those 2 ton minitrucks lol. im not a fan of either haha. as for japanese cars its really hard for me to like them the nissan mark x and fuga are not bad but i dunno i like european cars more than japanese or just a nice big suv so i can haul wood around id have both but im only allowed 1 car per person which really sucks.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I really want to say, go for the awful looking
15 Suzuki Alto
4 Person

LOL

but Jeremy Clarkson said, to be a true Petrolhead, you need to have owned an Alfa in your life. I guess you got that checked off your list now, and time to enjoy actual good cars
oh god yellow plates those things make you feel like a sardine. its funny because japanese always say that yellow plate drivers have no idea how to drive haha

at-2500

Vice Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2018
RSI Handle
at2500
Oh dear you listened to all the raving lunatics who say "your not a man until you've owned an alfa". I guess it could be true that owning one teaches you restraint and patience :open_mouth:

Man, you drive a S500 on the wrong side of the road, really slow 😂

My C220d runs the same way though, same mileage, bought it with less than half of that, never had any problems.

The Japanese car thing though - I owned a RAV4 before and while I really enjoyed it, the transmission broke - twice.
Buy Japanese cars, they are reliable they said.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I bought my first Toyota pickup ('86 SR5 4wd) when I was 16. Toyotas are all I've owned since. Currently driving a '17 Tundra and my wife is in a '12 yaris (soon to be a highlander or van, depending on what she wants when the warranty runs out). 20 years later and I have never been on the side of the road broken down.

My dad always made fun of me. He's been through 3 broken down fords since then and now drives... yes you guessed it: a Toyota.

They aren't the sexiest, but they are reliable. Personally, I dont intend to own anything else.

Good luck!

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
The Japanese car thing though - I owned a RAV4 before and while I really enjoyed it, the transmission broke - twice.
Buy Japanese cars, they are reliable they said.
Japanese cars are generally reliable. However buying the flagship model is key to getting the most bang for your buck. RAV4? Plz. Land Cruiser mah dude. Those things hold value like crazy, and the 1UZ derivative V8's run for freaking ever. We got mid-late 90's Land Cruisers still selling for ~10k USD here (factory locked)!

I went for the Supra. Flagship dick waving for your everyday drive to work!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Italian cars are very pretty, have impressive interiors, and even more impressive repair bills.

From https://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/susan/joke/heaven.htm

Heaven
  • The police are British
  • The cooks are French
  • The engineers are German
  • The administrators are Swiss
  • The lovers are Italian
Hell:
  • The police are German
  • The cooks are British
  • The engineers are Italian
  • The administrators are French