Bye TikTok

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I banned myself from dealing with Tik Tok when I initially learned about it & witnessed some of its cringe through a YouTube vid that shared some. So it being banned officially doesn't effect me. I know those that do use it will simply migrate somewhere else to post cringe worthy things.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
While I find Tik Tok to be so ultra cringe. I don't think it should be banned.
It's a spying tool, not a social network.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
As I called it last night:

This was talked about in 2019 when the Honk Kong riots broke out congress, it was congress who pushed the issue and started the investigations if I remember right, they thought they were manipulating the news feed on Tik Tok.

What worries me about this is, Trump could give a rats ass about American security, he is compromised by Russia and we all know it. He has discredited our own intelligence agencies and attacked them every time they didn't line up to his personal views or agenda's. To sit here and think Trumps motive for going after Tik Tok is in America's interest and not his own is laughable at best.

Now, provided he doesn't win a re-election (God willing) I won't be to worried about it, but in true cheeto-head fashion if he were to win and we're stuck with another 4 years of idiocy he could use this against other companies and applications.

Kaspersky is a company owned and operated in Moscow Russia, it is the leading Anti Virus program in the U.S. its on everyone's computers and I know there were steps taken to ensure the security or it never would have been allowed to happen, but what makes this any different than Tik Tok or Facebook? Hell people still have their identities stolen through the mail system and email system yet were not banning these? And lets be clear, mail fraud only became an issue with this administration because its clear Trump is losing the election and mail in voting is going to make up a large part of the voting process. A system Trump himself has used many times.

Sorry, I don't trust Trump, if Trump pushes something there is usually some personal gain behind it, maybe its his way of attacking China in retaliation of the virus(rolls eyes) whatever the reason I will never believe this clown has anyone's interest at heart but his own, mark my words if Trump supports it, it has nothing to do with security or helping Americans.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Wait... China has some kind of spai app, so... America... buys it... and... America has some kind of Spai app...?

View attachment 18256
Cyber Security worlds knows Tik Tok as a privacy nightmare and dangerous.
This whole situation vaguely reminds me of something from a while back.

Furby Black & Yellow.jpg

If I remember correctly, the FBI & CIA banned those working for them from owning or having any Furby toys because they had a tendency to learn, record & repeat things. It's a fluffy spai! I chose the black with yellow lips version just to properly TESTify in my explaining.

Last edited:

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
China Started this war. but honestly, we should have just spammed Pooh on TikTok to get china to ban their own spy tool.

Let's also Remember Hong Kong, Tibet, their constant threat against Taiwan, and many others.
As I wise man once said....

Forgot your password?