Status
Not open for further replies.

Amun Khonsu

Captain
Donor
Jan 28, 2022
RSI Handle
Amun-Khonsu
Global warming wont last 1 million years. The earth has always had a cycle of 100,000 years of cold followed by 10,000-15,000 years of temporate weather.

The difference now, scientists say, is that human activity is speeding up the 'warming' process faster and more severe than Earths natural cycle threatening to tip the balance. 😏

Reactions: Mich Angel

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Lol... I like picking on Montoya in the morning. It was a fun read and thanks for the participation while it lasts.

Here are the specific points about climate change highlighted in the letter:

1 Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming.
2. Warming is far slower than predicted.
3. Climate policy relies on inadequate models.
4. CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a plant food that is essential to all life on Earth. Photosynthesis is a blessing. More CO2 is beneficial for nature, greening the Earth: additional CO2 in the air has promoted growth in global plant biomass. It is also good for agriculture, increasing the yields of crops worldwide.
5. Global warming has not increased natural disasters.
6. Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities.
7. There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic.
I'll finish saying scientists are not supposed to agree... they are sceptics by nature, and if someone says nearly all scientist agree on something, something is wrong with the hype. We'll find out either way.

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Perhaps it's just me but I don't think this is the best venue for this often contentious topic. We're primarily a gaming community after all. I mean..the COVID thread was kind of a one off due to the extraordinary circumstances around it...we should leave it at that.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Lol... I like picking on Montoya in the morning. It was a fun read and thanks for the participation while it lasts.

Here are the specific points about climate change highlighted in the letter:

I'll finish saying scientists are not supposed to agree... they are sceptics by nature, and if someone says nearly all scientist agree on something, something is wrong with the hype. We'll find out either way.
Once again you have ignored the two boxes of atmosphere which I really would like your angle on.

This is my last time of asking for your thoughts on this cause and effect evidence.

Your continued silence on the topic will be taken as Admission by Ommission.

If your next post does not adresss the subject it will be taken as acceptance of these terms and you conceed the whole discussion, no further comments at all will also be taken as total acceptance.

Fondest Regards,
NNBF.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
WTF people, do I need to lock this down?

@ColdDog thank you for picking on me before breakfast :D

I would like to congratulate you for not only becoming an expert on virology, leapfrogging the combined knowledge of actual experts who spent years and decades through medical school and becoming virologists. But now, also becoming a expert on climate, superseding the combined knowledge of scientists and experts that went to school on the topic, drilled ice cores in Antarctica and dedicated their lives to become experts.

As much as I would love to sit through pages and pages of googled sources that back your opinion, followed by poor @NaffNaffBobFace posting pages and pages of peer reviewed sources backing his popular opinion, then the inevitable "Soros backed" studies that cant be trusted, but those "free thinking" scientists totally not funded by the Koch foundation are really the ones with the solid facts, I think we should just skip all that and go directly back to talking about space ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?