Can't wait for 3.5! Arccorp and the new flight model!

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have been holding off on purchasing the X56 thanks to Montoya's review I think that is where I am going with my HOTAS choice, until I get that bad boy I won't be doing any dog fighting on keyboard and mouse LOL but hey post some vids or maybe I will hop in someones turret for some fun!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
What all these guys said.
It looks like quite a few of us were in the same boat. I hit the pause button when they started messing with the mechanics a while back. I'm looking forward to jumping back in. That said, I'm still not in a huge hurry. My main concern is that the game still has that "new car smell" when it releases.

Which, from the looks of it, will be 2021-2022. If SQ42 is going into beta mid to late 2020, I suspect the main game will take a couple more years at least. It makes me sad, but with all the premature MMO releases in the last few years, I can wait. So that gives me what, 3+ years to git gud? Yep. No rush.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Im not holding my breath that they actually finished Area 18 by Q1 2019, but that along with the new flight model is going to open up some great atmospheric dog fighting game play we have not had before.

Im seeing a lot of you in discord spending a lot of time around Jumptown!
Are there ships designed specifically with atmosphere combat in mind?

Clandestine

Grand Admiral
May 12, 2018
RSI Handle
Clandestine
Our Auroras are atmospheric dynamos!

Meaning they generate a large amount of heat due to drag which we can convert into electricity through the use of boiler-powered generators.
This is one of the many uses of our drunken behavior... in space, resources are scarce and we must make use of every available component, to the extent of which even waste is valuable. We here at Test insert our own bladder catheters, storing and transferring our urine to boiler system, for the formulation of steam. While our steam may be a bit stinkier than most, it is incredibly efficient.

To tie it all back together in regards to drunken behavior... when you drink a lot, you pee a lot.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Are there ships designed specifically with atmosphere combat in mind?
Yes, every ship with wings or control surfaces. CIG has always said atmospheric flight is going to reflect real world physics. Lift and control surfaces have no effects in vacuum so are useless in space, and actually are wasted mass that lowers performance in space. Ships that have wings will have large advantages in atmosphere, and ships that do not have wings (lifting surfaces) but still have control surfaces have some advantage. An instance of the latter are the pretty but little wing-like surfaces sticking out of the Polaris--they can't lift the ship but are intended to provide better maneuvering control at speed in atmo. By contrast, the Idris does not have these so although it can enter atmo, it is probably not maneuverable enough in atmo to be picking a fight there. General rule is gonna be, pick fights in atmo when you have wings and your opponent does not, and flee fights where you opponent has wings and you do not. Also, expect flying bricks like the Vulcan that make little or no attempt at aerodynamics, to fly much slower in atmo.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Aurora might fly like a brick in atmo, and even resemble one too, but that leather options model?

Dealmaker.
Don't forget it's deducted fans - of all the ships it and the Constellation have the highest possibility of flying helecopter-style indefinitely in atmosphere if they run off the generator rather than using H fuel.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I too look forward to the new flight model so I can finally get back to enjoying StarCitizen, meanwhile they can finally fix a ton of issues they been putting off regarding different flight models for Arena Commander and PU/PTU (they had different flight models, like wtf?!)

Also maybe this new Flight Model can address desync and stuff affecting ESP and closer range targeting too. (for some people point plank ESP aims away from the ships you want to hit rather then on them. You'd think further away would be less accurate, but it's reversed, but this is probably due to de-sync)

Forgot your password?