Carrack should be out soon. Its in the latest 3.8.2 game files

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yep if you picked up the upgrade at citizencon for the c8x pisces expedition you don't get to fly either the C8 or the Carrack in the PTU. So you pay 20 extra dollars to wait even longer.
Meh, my 3 seconds of disbelief has dissipated. I haven't seriously been in the PTU or PU in a couple years, what's another couple weeks?
What a fuggin bargon... well I'm not all that worried, I probably have less than 6 hours to play before mid-March. That's only enough time for somewhere between 4 and 8 trade runs, 2 crashes, and a crime stat.
Ha. Exactly this. There no time like family time... And there's little time left for games.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Meh, my 3 seconds of disbelief has dissipated. I haven't seriously been in the PTU or PU in a couple years, what's another couple weeks?

Ha. Exactly this. There no time like family time... And there's little time left for games.
Just remember that all good things are best in moderation, so in between each segment of time, enjoy a beverage that you prefer. Cheers!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Just remember that all good things are best in moderation, so in between each segment of time, enjoy a beverage that you prefer. Cheers!
I got on and screwed around. It's a beauty of a ship, but I think I'll wait for it to go liver even 3.9 before I hop on again.

Mine doesn't like to land. But everyone else I see will stay put. It's kinda annoying. Hangars are too small for it so they need to do something.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I got on and screwed around. It's a beauty of a ship, but I think I'll wait for it to go liver even 3.9 before I hop on again.

Mine doesn't like to land. But everyone else I see will stay put. It's kinda annoying. Hangars are too small for it so they need to do something.
I checked mine out in the Solo free flight portion of Arena Commander. Are these limited to where they can be docked / launched from initially like the 890J is? That's my best guess so far since every time I've tried to summon mine from PO, they are all telling me that there are no pads available & that I'm set in the que as next to be helped. Then told that I should please try again later.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I checked mine out in the Solo free flight portion of Arena Commander. Are these limited to where they can be docked / launched from initially like the 890J is? That's my best guess so far since every time I've tried to summon mine from PO, they are all telling me that there are no pads available & that I'm set in the que as next to be helped. Then told that I should please try again later.
The reason it stayed "small" is so they are okay to spawn on large pads. When i've had that pads issue on oli with my 'Farer it's been because the pads are blocked with other ships but i admit i have not played this patch yet.

EDIT - Oh it's PTU still isn't it? Naa all bets are off in a test build :)

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That's an issue of too many people spawning. You can spawn the ship at all major stations except Grim Hex. But spawning it anywhere but Olisar causes problems as it's too large for the hangars.

Your LG clip on boxes and flip the ship. The doors are barely wide enough to fit through. Even at Olisar somehow mine shakes and ends up nose down drifting above the pad 30m.

I'm sure they'll fix it, but I'm waiting a while before I get back in. Hopefully they'll let it spawn with the other vehicles inside it by the next time I do. Maybe even docking collar will be in 3.9!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
All that nonsense about keeping it to 125 meters long during development so it fits on large hangars and pads and they make it too big for the hangars anyway.

They are useless.
How can they validate backers being part of the test process if they test everything before letting us get to it? I don't consider anything released until its out of PTU, and it 'aint out of PTU.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm leaving today for 3 nights away with my wifey at a couple's only resort. I'll take this advice to heart. ;)

I may do the same. Waiting for the ships to be bug free(ish), and some of the upcoming mechanics to make the game something fun to play.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
How can they validate backers being part of the test process if they test everything before letting us get to it? I don't consider anything released until its out of PTU, and it 'aint out of PTU.
I think they have enough staff and enough testers to to see if a ship is going to fit in the landing pad metrics while they are building it.

My wider issue is they clearly have nobody playing the game that would be able to steer them away from some of their more brain dead design decisions.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
It fits on the landing pad matrix. I took off from Oli (00 pad), and landed it at Port Tessilar. It will fit inside the hangers, but it is snug and you might have to lube it up a bit.
She handles alot like a Caterpillar. Her shields are as tough as a Hammerheads, but does not have the hitpoints of that ship. You can bounce size 5 torps off those shields all day, someone in a Harbringer was trying to shoot me down at Port Olisar, he ran out of Torps before he did any damage.
That being said, 3 size 9's will take her out, so a Tali is about the only single ship threat out the at the moment.
A beauty of a ship, cargo slightly smaller than a Caterpillar at 456 SCU.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I think they have enough staff and enough testers to to see if a ship is going to fit in the landing pad metrics while they are building it.
Not being in the PTU right now I can only use this example.
If you ever tried to land a MOLE at Lorville, you will know some of this is an intentional "bug" - that is, it feels like a bug but it's because the dev's are trying to make something need a little skill. Some ships need to be manually lowered into the landing bay a different way than it would land with the autoland. If you hit F4 while landing and look around your ship, you can see what you're doing wrong.

sharpeone

Admiral
Dec 30, 2019
RSI Handle
Sharpeone
thank you for the offer.

Yep if you picked up the upgrade at citizencon for the c8x pisces expedition you don't get to fly either the C8 or the Carrack in the PTU. So you pay 20 extra dollars to wait even longer.
Not a problem. I'm hearing reports that the Carrack is now available in PTU for those who upgraded.

Also hearing it is available for all Concierge now as well in PTU.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That being said, 3 size 9's will take her out, so a Tali is about the only single ship threat out the at the moment.
I wanted to test it out and unloaded 4 S2 guns into it for about 5 minutes and didn't take down the shields. Then I switched to S3 guns and fired a few missiles and after another 5 minutes it died.
ScreenShot0013.jpg

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
carrack has holes in the shield around the turrets (known bug), but it can eat harbinger torpedos and take no damage lol. Also, if you upgrade both shields to the parapets the shields take for ever to knock down.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
carrack has holes in the shield around the turrets (known bug), but it can eat harbinger torpedos and take no damage lol. Also, if you upgrade both shields to the parapets the shields take for ever to knock down.
Yeah I noticed while firing at someone's to check for holes that each turret can be shot. It's a pretty small hole though compared to something like the Reclaimer that has the entire engine unprotected.

Me doing the test to see how strong it was included upgraded Parapet shields. So your base version will be slightly weaker.

Forgot your password?