Channged minigun to M7A on my warden and i'm regretting it

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm lost, are you saying I should get the Revenant or 447 ? or they the same thing
The Revenant is the stock gun. Unless you run into ammo issues, there is little point in swapping them out. The damage difference is negligible in favor of the minigun.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
All the Vanguards come stock with the Revenant. Save your money for better shields, etc.
The Revenant is the stock gun. Unless you run into ammo issues, there is little point in swapping them out. The damage difference is negligible in favor of the minigun.
Yes, my philosophy is that everybody should get proficient at the stock weapons on their ship, just so they don't needlessly waste money an upgrades.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The Revenant is a Ballistic Gattling. The 447 is a cannon--fires much slower.

You can compare them and their stats here. Just load the Hoplite or Warden.

IIRC, what you're calling the "447" the Hardpoint calls the original title, which is the C-788 Ballistic Autocannon. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

The Revenant also has the huge advantage that its projectiles are MUCH faster to target. To shoot faster you have to use a larger weapon. That means shorter leads, and more hits. The down side is it depleats its ammo in half the time of the Autocannon. The huge up side is when you lose your bird you don't need to pay for a gun replacement. Also the Gattling has about 75% greater range.
The 447 is the Rhino Laser Repeater.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Ah, well then the Revenant should be much more effective, since some damage goes through the shields.

I'm curious, Richard; which shields are you flying? Are the FR-76 in game?
I have been flying stock, mostly farting around with weapon choices on my Vanguard, Gladius and Avenger.
My cheapest ship getting the most flying time since I can land it easier in both Loreville and Area 18.
Without hovermode and, hopefully with fixed guns being fixed, we'll see what 3.7 brings, but likely I'll spend much more time with Vanguard components.

I haven't been unhappy with the stock shields, and survive most anything, except landing with the stock shields. Flying the 557 repeater, the stock coolers and powerplant keep up as well.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The 788 was by far the reigning dps champion a couple patches back--it did more damage than the S5 guns. It is now slightly less than the gattling, and the projectiles are much slower, so not a good choice except that it carries twice the ammo.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Don't forget come 3.7 the fixed nose guns can be swapped out for a limited number of other pre-set nose gun combinations you will be able to get from the in-game shops, so it will be a lot friendlier to balance with the big shooter hanging off the chin.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Don't forget come 3.7 the fixed nose guns can be swapped out for a limited number of other pre-set nose gun combinations you will be able to get from the in-game shops, so it will be a lot friendlier to balance with the big shooter hanging off the chin.
Can't wait to experiment a bit with those. :)

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I was going to say that. The fewer changes the less it costs to replace too. The thing I'm cuious about is what to do with the 6 S2 slots. It will be interesting in 3.7 to see if we can split the 4 S2s in the nose with different types. Or is that too much to hope for?
Yep, you can mix them; however, you can't split them into two separate groups /unless creating a group of 2 nose guns and the main gun.../

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
M7A is a long range canon, not meant for close up fighting.
Use it beyond 1K distance and it is very effective if you can hit the target that is, anything closer and you need to have exemplary patience with it.

🍻

Forgot your password?