Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
"disingenuous parody of staff and implications of greed"
"hyperbolic speculation of staff"

That is the most SELF-RIGHTEOUS SHIT I have EVER read and the pettiest nitpicking for a MOD.
As if their personal honor is somehow attacked. Bullshit. Reading the mod response to you just pisses me off.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm
  • "Communication between European and US studios can be difficult" (in 7 reviews)
  • "Upper management is a bit chaotic, and very little upward momentum" (in 4 reviews)
  • "At one meeting I was asked to carry Chris Roberts on my back" (in 4 reviews)
  • "Distributed development means communication delays, and potential miscommunication" (in 4 reviews)
  • "Lack of communication, unprofessionalism, lack of work/life balance" (in 3 reviews)
^ They are NOT some perfect shining bastion of virtue and flawlessness.

A host stifling a paying guest's fair critical expression is still morally apprehensive. Especially when the guest is a backer and the host has been making questionable decisions over many years. If the host TAKES YOUR MONEY to step on the host's property, that MORALLY and REASONABLY EARNS you the PURVIEW to be FAIRLY CRITICAL of what the host does.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
"disingenuous parody of staff and implications of greed"
"hyperbolic speculation of staff"

That is the most SELF-RIGHTEOUS SHIT I have EVER read and the pettiest nitpicking for a MOD.
As if their personal honor is somehow attacked. Bullshit. Reading the mod response to you just pisses me off.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm

^ They are NOT some perfect shining bastion of virtue and flawlessness.

A host stifling a paying guest's fair critical expression is still morally apprehensive. Especially when the guest is a backer and the host has been making questionable decisions over many years. If the host TAKES YOUR MONEY to step on the host's property, that MORALLY and REASONABLY EARNS you the PURVIEW to be FAIRLY CRITICAL of what the host does.
I'm just waking up, but to me this comes across as them being caught called out with honest & sincere criticism & since they can't twist it in their favor, they're punishing the person exposing the problem while also sweeping the exposed issue under the rug.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
I'm just waking up, but to me this comes across as them being caught called out with honest & sincere criticism & since they can't twist it in their favor, they're punishing the person exposing the problem while also sweeping the exposed issue under the rug.
Which is why I was literally falling out of my chair laughing that Montoya called it out in his video with the same exact feelings on what happened lol. Leave it to him to get right to the crux of issues.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I could theorycraft about what happened here all day. The Spectrum banning is not only prolonging the flame war over this when they could simply have said it is what it is and locked threads that mentioned it, the circumstances of the bans is also leaving particular clues as to the cause of the unpopularity of the promo in the first place... It's like hiding your blushes by pulling up your petticoat to obscure your face but flashing your underpants instead.

Last edited:

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
All the skins for the Caterpillar, which players can't get into because the lift has been broken for a few patches now, is kind of confusing (if giving it that many skins for free, maybe should've made fixing the lift an higher priority?)
The Cat lift issue is relatively new actually, didn't happen until late in the 3.16 PTU update.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I have a lot to say on this topic, and its going to be highly unpopular, but its the truth.

When CIG deletes a critical post, its not because they are hiding from some truth, stifling expression or scared of criticism.

Let me explain:

When you run a community, you need to decide what direction you want to steer the community.

Your options range from zero moderation, just let it run wild, to completely hard lockdown on everything you do not like.

We know Spectrum is not a free for all, and we also know its not locked down because Spectrum is the saltiest of all the Star Citizen communities. I purposely do not visit Spectrum much because most of the time its just thread after thread of complaining. I am not saying that complaints are not valid, but I am not interested in pages and pages of nothing but complaining, it pushes out all other conversation and makes it seem that I am the only person on the planet that may actually be enjoying playing Star Citizen, which is not true.

I cited a Pew Research article which showed that 10% of the people make 80% of content on Twitter. This is pretty much the same on forums like Spectrum where the loudest and angriest 10% will completely dominate ALL the content posted on the front page.

Now imagine you are mod, you understand this dynamic and you need to maintain the front page of content or you lose visitors like me. If one post about the Ion nerf comes up, ok, that is fine. If two top upvoted posts are about the Ion nerf, ok that is not horrible.

How about three? four? five top upvoted posts are all bashing CIG about the Ion being nerfed?

As a mod, you start clipping all new posts on the same topic, you do not need your front page flooded with the same topic.

Then a week passes, and another post about the Ion nerf shows up because the person posting was away last week and did not see the drama, so they think its relevant and important. Again the post gets upvote because plenty of people are still angry and many others did not see the drama from the previous week. Do you as a mod allow all the Ion bashing threads dominate Spectrum for a second week? Or do you simply delete the posts and try guide the conversations in a different direction?

The point I am making is that the mods on Spectrum have the difficult task of keeping the subject matter balanced. If you find your very relevant concern moderated, it is not because they are scared of your criticism, it is because yours is the 28th post on the subject and they are trying to maintain discussions other than the one you posted.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm hoping to get beaten unconscious this time around. That happened the first time, and it was magnificent!
I've been beaten unconscious before.

The most awkward part is trying to work out how to react when you come to on the floor... I mean, do you just get up like nothing happened? Do you yell like you were just hit rather than being KO'd a while ago? They are still standing over you in the playground holding their dented cartoon lunch boxes filled with rocks looking confused... I'm just not sure what the etiquette should be...?

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've been beaten unconscious before.

The most awkward part is trying to work out how to react when you come to on the floor... I mean, do you just get up like nothing happened? Do you yell like you were just hit rather than being KO'd a while ago? They are still standing over you in the playground holding their dented cartoon lunch boxes filled with rocks looking confused... I'm just not sure what the etiquette should be...?
Growing up, I was needlessly beaten unconscious countless times. As such, it has created my fury towards injustice & bullies.

If you get yourself beaten unconscious by needlessly picking a fight or attacking somebody, then when you wake up, suck it up & move on with that experience as a learning lesson.

However, if you're knocked out by a bully or just some jackass that feels entitled to do so to any that they feel are inferior to them, then I say once you wake up, take your time plotting how to destroy them in ever possible way. Cause everything they love to crumble & rot, have all of their plans for the future implode, make their valued relationship go nuclear to leave them completely alone with nothing & then beat them within an inch of extinction but still alive in some filthy gutter. Leave them alive to spend the rest of their lives praying for death or possibly with the realization that they're so worthless of a being they might as well kill themselves.

The bastard that caused this in my soul, is now burning in hell for all eternity, right where he belongs. I allowed him to live, but I forever shattered his ego when I broke him when I was 14. Complications caused by the WuFlu shots caused him to pass from not being able to realize that he had walking pneumonia until he went into a coma & his organs were already shutting down.

Sorry for the moment of darkness. Happy New Year to you all. Thank God that 2021 is over, here's hoping 2022 will be much better.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Growing up, I was needlessly beaten unconscious countless times. As such, it has created my fury towards injustice & bullies.

If you get yourself beaten unconscious by needlessly picking a fight or attacking somebody, then when you wake up, suck it up & move on with that experience as a learning lesson.

However, if you're knocked out by a bully or just some jackass that feels entitled to do so to any that they feel are inferior to them, then I say once you wake up, take your time plotting how to destroy them in ever possible way. Cause everything they love to crumble & rot, have all of their plans for the future implode, make their valued relationship go nuclear to leave them completely alone with nothing & then beat them within an inch of extinction but still alive in some filthy gutter. Leave them alive to spend the rest of their lives praying for death or possibly with the realization that they're so worthless of a being they might as well kill themselves.

The bastard that caused this in my soul, is now burning in hell for all eternity, right where he belongs. I allowed him to live, but I forever shattered his ego when I broke him when I was 14. Complications caused by the WuFlu shots caused him to pass from not being able to realize that he had walking pneumonia until he went into a coma & his organs were already shutting down.

Sorry for the moment of darkness. Happy New Year to you all. Thank God that 2021 is over, here's hoping 2022 will be much better.
Sorry to hear you had such a rotten time, I've zero tolerance for malicious persons too there is just no need for it.

There reassuring part I have found about people whos only way to build themselves up is by knocking other people down like that, is that they get themselves out of their depth pretty damned quick or some other oddities, usually self inflicted, come together to undo them without you having to lift a finger.

I did once though have a childhood bully approach me in adulthood and try to apologise. It's the single most weirdest thing I have ever experienced and if it ever happens to you I implore you to have a response planned because I didn't... Apparently it had weighed on them ever since and coloured the enjoyment of the rest of their life. Sometimes you would be that lesson they'd need to get on the right path if you rise up and fight back at them in the moment whether they chose to learn it or not... and sometimes you and their past actions toward you live on rent free in their head and are the thing they see behind their eyelids in the brief black moments whenever they blink and whenever they lay their head down to rest in the time between hitting the pillow and falling asleep. I was in a pub buying myself a pint at the time and I wish I had a snappy comeback or perhaps played the psychologist and explored their mumbled excuse about their dad or perhaps tell them they were one of the reasons I was nothing more than a factory worker at the time, but all I could think to say in that moment was "Erm... I'm with friends, goodbye." and walked off with my drink to be with my friends... The last thing I heard them say over my shoulder as I walked off, to who I presumed was their squeeze, was a sad little "Well, I tried". In hindsight I think it was the right move as I'm likely still there behind their eyelids whenever they blink, waggling my finger and telling them not to be an dick.

They got no closure but oddly knowing the frozen life I live on inside their head, I sort of did.

Would I be more considerate now and sit down with them over a pint? I don't think so, they and their circle used to kick my arse pretty hard 🤔

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Holy pineapples, guys. I'm just talking about some light spanking.
'Tis the GLORY of TEST! There are thread derails and there are TEST thread derails! Where else can a conversation go from crappy marketing campaigns to being beaten unconscious by children?!

Forgot your password?