CIG marketing once again is clueless

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Yeah.. between this AND the pricing on the Cutty Steel. I think they dropped the ball. Could have done a lot more. Don't get me wrong though, I wholly appreciate the free stuff. Each and every one of those skins and items, someone went through the trouble and time to make. Even the art. However... I really think marketing could have taken better advantage of this. There's always going to be a criticism.

That being said, I really think there is a huge disconnect between marketing and the consumer base for things we ARE paying for, however. But regardless, at the end of the year, they're going to put their pointer on the annual sales number and see that it was another record year. And that's the kind of thing that worries me the most.

All in all, I'm still a happy backer. Just expected more from the company who I'm used to see excel time and time again. That's all.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
CIG gave free stuff for a holiday event. Not good enough.

All the skins for the Caterpillar, which players can't get into because the lift has been broken for a few patches now, is kind of confusing (if giving it that many skins for free, maybe should've made fixing the lift an higher priority?)
I don't think the team that does skins and events works on elevator/lift tech :) I do agree, would be nice to have the Cat lifts working.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You could have made it a unique paint for the new bike, like the other gifts, to not spoil the mood.
I agree & that would've been better, because realistically, they gifted us this "sneak peak" for this new CO hover bike twice, the last was just a more complete "sneak peak". Hell, they could've given us a $5 off coupon for purchasing it, listing the name of the bike in the process as the "sneak peak" portion of it.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I got suspended from spectrum for posting this:
Glorious, I guess the mods had a hum bug up their bums that was larger & more irritation than usual.

All the skins for the Caterpillar, which players can't get into because the lift has been broken for a few patches now, is kind of confusing (if giving it that many skins for free, maybe should've made fixing the lift an higher priority?)

I don't think the team that does skins and events works on elevator/lift tech :) I do agree, would be nice to have the Cat lifts working.
I was hoping for more holiday items we can enjoy in game instead, like some light adorned armor that goes with that helmet that has the lights strung in its antlers.

As for the Cat skins, making the 1st look like Rudolph the reindeer & a 2nd that looks like it goes with the "2nd chance" armor set, but that shows the duct tape that holds Drake ships together also holding the holiday lights to the ship's exterior.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I started with nothing. I ended with nothing. What have I got? Nothing.

View: https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

I got off the Hype train after the 600i. I now enjoy what I get, theory craft about what I don't and spend all of my time on TEST.

I am greatful for the knife and the Aurora Skin and also like the jumper but will never wear it in game. This promotion was worth it for those. The thought of a free grav bike gave me a warm tingle in my chest cavity while the thought lasted when the reveal was a pictue and not even any extra info like the name of the thing or even a manurefacturer, well thats what it was, back to the grind.

They say nothing in this world is free and the cost of the Luminella 12 days feature was paid for by an advert.

They also say that SC not having a publisher to dictate to the project being one of the pillars of the crowdfunder means no publisher dick moves... I don't know how much this tastes of a publisher move...?

One thing I do know - when that tingle in my chest cavity vanished, so did any interest I had in this bike.

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I got suspended from spectrum for posting this:
Wait, what? Some mod/dev suspended you for something so mild and satire? WTF??? Suspending you for that makes no dang sense

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
Glorious, I guess the mods had a hum bug up their bums that was larger & more irritation than usual.

Wait, what? Some mod/dev suspended you for something so mild and satire? WTF??? Suspending you for that makes no dang sense

1640260621198.png

The "other" time they are mentioning is me replying to a thread about how Chris ages along with the development. That hes 53 now, and if this take another 15 years, statisically its not unheard of for someone to pass in his age range. All the dev videos talk about having to go to him for final approval for everything, so what happens if hes gone? Who takes over the vision?

1640262094466.png

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
View attachment 22206

The "other" time they are mentioning is me mentioning Chris ages along with the development. That hes 53 now, and if this take another 15 years, statisically its not unheard of for someone to pass in his age range. All the dev videos talk about having to go to him for final approval for everything, so what happens if hes gone? Who takes over the vision?
Yeah this is why I don't really post on Spectrum.

Wouldn't be able to resist getting my snarky ass banned.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Sounds like they have rather thin skin & are irritated because your comment was funny to those that agree that whoever came up with these offerings effectively soiled themselves with a few of them. It also seems as though the person messaging you "from CIG" is a coward since they didn't attach their name to the needless removal. CR forbid that enough of a shit storm from their various censorships generate enough backlash that CR be notified of it & the whip potentially come cracking back towards them instead.

As for your posts, you made valid points with each of them & that is probably what triggered them so much. Spin doctors hate it when a shit storm is caused by their side & can't be settled to make them look good because it's a storm of truth. In more videos from CIG than I can remember or count without great effort, the various employees have stated that they had to take their ideas to CR to get his approval to fit in his vision for the game. The longer it takes to complete each of the 3 Squadron Episodes as well as Star Citizen itself, the older he'll become. Should the worst happen & he pass too soon, then the "vision" will shift towards that of whoever takes charge afterwards. This isn't me wishing ill of CR by any means, just stating that there would be items to come up that CR might not have made clear for his vision that those in charge would have to decide without his guidance.

• o7
Reactions: Scape and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1

I know it is different teams, but they've done multiple videos showing how they do regular meetings with all the Leads sitting together with CR, so there's no reason that during one of these meetings the Leads teams doing the skins and the marketing couldn't have turned to the other Leads to ask whether there are any current issues with the Cat and asked them to increase the priority for fixing them (I test software for a living, and these kinds of conversations happen all the time in our equivalent meetings.)

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
View attachment 22206

The "other" time they are mentioning is me replying to a thread about how Chris ages along with the development. That hes 53 now, and if this take another 15 years, statisically its not unheard of for someone to pass in his age range. All the dev videos talk about having to go to him for final approval for everything, so what happens if hes gone? Who takes over the vision?

View attachment 22207
Just wow...
They have a ultra thin skin for tolerance...

I've seen worst things not moderated on Spectrum.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My god! Is it even possible to function without a few drinks first?? Those poor bastards! We need to get some booze to them STAT!
Is it possible? Yes, I sadly know this from personal experience. However, I take solace in enjoying shit posts, looking at star ship jpegs & passing out likes whenever possible.

Forgot your password?