RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Sad times. Enevelitability Miiiiiiissster Aaaaanddddeeerrrsooooonnnnnnnn.

Be positive, I couldn't make it this year, you guys would have missed me.

I am gonna damn well need a holiday next year maybe Muraca and Citizencon?

@Montoya could you change the test donations for my USA ticket guns and beer fund?!! Thx.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While I'm disappointed that CIG has officially cancelled CitizenCon this year, I'm honestly hoping that they will surprise us with an online only semi / mini CitizenCon to kick off the Anniversary sale this year instead, since that's close to the end of Nov, which gives them more time to put something together for us to enjoy. With the various states around the US starting to open up at their own paces & if that goes well then hopefully the rest of the world can as well, then perhaps they can record all of the individual segments at the various office locations with minimal crews to then upload to YouTube after the Main Presentation recording is shown over Twitch. I'm borrowing this idea from how the WWE performed Wrestlemania this year. I know that this isn't as great as what we're accustomed to, but it's better than nothing in my honest opinion. What do each of you think about my compromise idea?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Shame, but understandable. Even if COVID-19 mysteriously vanished next week, the market and many industries are going to need months and months to recover.

Better to cancel it early and plan a better backup event that to keep on planning for the original and have to scrap it at the last second and scramble for an alternative.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
While I'm disappointed that CIG has officially cancelled CitizenCon this year, I'm honestly hoping that they will surprise us with an online only semi / mini CitizenCon to kick off the Anniversary sale this year instead, since that's close to the end of Nov, which gives them more time to put something together for us to enjoy. With the various states around the US starting to open up at their own paces & if that goes well then hopefully the rest of the world can as well, then perhaps they can record all of the individual segments at the various office locations with minimal crews to then upload to YouTube after the Main Presentation recording is shown over Twitch. I'm borrowing this idea from how the WWE performed Wrestlemania this year. I know that this isn't as great as what we're accustomed to, but it's better than nothing in my honest opinion. What do each of you think about my compromise idea?
I think something like this would work just fine. I reckon they'll have something in place to replace it. Just not sure what, lol

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think something like this would work just fine. I reckon they'll have something in place to replace it. Just not sure what, lol
It was the safest & most reasonable compromise that I could think up that would minimize the potential hazards of people in different areas of the world gathering in large numbers or having to travel longer than usual distances. Hell, I'd even be fine if they had the panels with the different devs in windows in the corners of the video screens with what they're discussing displayed in the middle as long as it wasn't in the way. Think about a something like a group of streamers on Twitch playing a game together with them all viewable & so is what they're playing. Even the main display could be what they want us to see, with a small floating head & torso of CR in 1 of the corners as he describes it. I'd be perfectly fine with all of that, especially given the current circumstances.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I guarantee you there will be some kind of November Sale though....and they'll need to put up some kind of online event to justify that sale.

After all Chris Dawg needs cash for new gold plated spinners.

Forgot your password?